November 28, 2014 | 1739 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Plooosh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I recently bought this foundation after hearing some good reviews and after using Revlon Colorstay it had broken me out a little and needed a foundation for my little spot days.

I also wanted a foundation that would only last a couple of hours and that I wouldn't need a heavy duty coverage, I am pleasantly surprised at how great this product is!

I put the foundation on at around 3PM ready to go out and at around 11PM it is still on and is near perfect, just a little off around my nose. It says no where on the bottle that it is long lasting as i've also bought Almay TLC for longer days (which is untried) and it has lasted so long!

Pro's:
- Relatively Long Lasting
- Not hugely drying
- Feels great
- amazing price ( I paid 3.50 GBP)
- is almost like Estee Lauder Double Wear which is 10x the price!

Cons:
- The colour selection is a little limiting and very yellow, I picked Ivory and it's still a tiny bit dark
- The colour seems to have gotten a little darker through the day, not hugely but a little.
- It says for oily skin and I have combination so that's probably why but it can highlight some dry area's just a warning!
- BIG CON: like Double Wear it has the greycaste and with flash photography you can appear very...white. So it's great for day to day wear but not nights out :)

An AMAZING foundation for the price that I bought it for, plus it's meant to help the skin breath and help demolish spots. Overall I love it and wish i'd tried it sooner! :) x

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by chenhilei42

This is a killing product for those who have oily or acne-prone skin!!! It rapidly removes the excess oil once you apply it on your skin and it does a great job clearing up the skin and preventing breakouts!! But make sure you don't use it in the dry winter time, cos it can make you skin look really cakey and flaky.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 2:08:00 AM More reviews by natasa88

i really like this foundation. it has light to medium buildable coverage. it feels light on my face and it stays on quite well. i love the pump bottle. it dries up existing pimples and doesnt clog pores. i will continue using this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2013 8:07:00 PM More reviews by esornart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My face has been irritated, sensitive and prone to break outs. I thought I would give Almay foundation a try because it states, "makeup made for sensitive skin".

I meant to purchase the TLC foundation but I wasn't paying attention and grab this one (Clear Complexion). I am NW20 in MAC and I got this in 200 BUFF. It is a tad to light but still works for my skin tone. I have tried high end foundations such as Giorgio Armani, Guerlain, Lancome, Estee Lauder, Makeup Forever, Covergirl, Shu Uemura etc. This foundation works just as well as the high end foundations.

PROS:
- Does not irritate my skin any further
- Medium coverage
- Good oil control
- Great for Combination to Oily Skin
- Does not break me out
- Has a pump
- Inexpensive

CONS:
- None so far.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2013 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Beautifulmakeupguru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Good and works

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2013 7:43:00 PM More reviews by aliengirrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I find this foundation "okay". It has a nice finish and blends well, my bottle did come with a pump (bonus). I needed something like this because for some reason I've been breaking out terribly and my normal foundation just seemed to irritate it more. Coverage is good, medium to full. My only problem with this is the lasting power and I need something that lasts at least 10 hours on those long work days. I got blotchy at around 4 hours. It did seem to try out my blemishes a bit though, so that was nice! I will probably repurchase if I run out for those days I break out and don't need a long lasting foundation!

Update: The more I use this foundation the more I start not liking it. It actually is awful (besides the fact it doesn't make me break out) It doesn't cover redness well and IF it does it will start fading 2 hours after. It seems the older the foundation gets the less workable it is. AND it seems to get cakey with ANY powder (even tiny amounts) and just look awful.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by mandapanda01

I have been using this foundation forever! While it doesn't help to actually heal blemishes (at least not that I've noticed) it doesn't irritate them at all or make me break out. This doesn't look too thick when it goes on, in fact it's very sheer. You would definitely need a concealer to go with this. I use another almay clear complexion concealer :-) the ivory shade goes perfect with my skin tone and the packaging is a very nice pump. Be careful not to drop it though because it's glass! I just wish this was a little more higher coverage, but most foundations with sacylic acid are like that. Anyway, I'd definitely recommend this to the acne prone people like me. I would repurchase! Best used with a beauty blender.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2013 11:13:00 AM More reviews by ellablue123

This used to be my HG but i realized that it's very very low coverage, and the colors/shades are also very bad for me.

Pros:
-Goes on smooth. Blends well, thin and blendable.

Cons:
-It does not cover any blemishes or dark spots. It's extremely sheer.
-It is very PINK undertoned (all of them are). Asians and blondes who tan are typically more yellow-undertoned, and this looks extremelyyyy unnatural.
-hate hate hate the pink/white undertones of this. Wish it were either neutral or yellow.
-Doesnt fix or heal blemishes or acne

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 7:46:00 AM More reviews by chloealli

This stuff is amazing! I'm in the shade 'honey'. I got it marked down for $10, so I can't really judge the real price. I have medium acne in my t zone and have a few scars. This is one of the foundations that really makes my skin look flawless, like in the foundation ads. The coverage is great, but doesn't make you look cakey.

It's also a good foundation for taking photos, even flash. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2013 12:50:00 AM More reviews by jessiesmith

My skin is very oily and acne prone, and this foundation didn't break me out! I've tried foundations from Garnier BB Cream to Estee Lauder smart makeup, and they both break me out. So far, this is the only foundation that my skin agrees with. The coverage is alright, but not the best. It covers up acne scars pretty well. I have to put quite a bit on to the coverage I want. I don't use a brush for this foundation simply because I find that it is easier to blend this in with my fingers. On top of this foundation, I put a Clinique powder. It keeps my makeup on all day long, even after my 3 mile run. I would definitely recommend this if you have very acne prone skin and want something that does not break you out.