September 21, 2014 | 2175 users online

Cleansers - Avene - Cleanance soapless gel cleanser for oily skin

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2013 5:58:00 AM More reviews by JoshuaP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was my Holy Grail cleanser. However Avene reformulated it late in 2012. I now find it to be very drying and somewhat irritating. It also seems to leave a slight residue. I won't be repurchasing.

The ingredients for the new formula:
The new: Avene Thermal Spring Water, (Avene Aqua), Water (Aqua), Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate, Zinc Coceth Sulfate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Ceteareth-60 Myristyl Glycol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum), Glyceryl Laurate, Green 5 (CI61570), Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Hydroxide, Yellow 5 (CI19140), Zinc Gluconate.

The ingredients for the old formula: Avene Thermal Spring Water (Avene Aqua), Water, Decyl Glucoside, Polysorbate 20, Ceteareth-60 Myristyl Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Methyl Gluceth-20, Benzoic Acid, Cetrimonium Bromide, Cucurbita Pepo (pumpkin) Seed Oil, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Green 5, Lactic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Yellow 5, Zinc Gluconate

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2013 6:37:00 AM More reviews by glamourclaire

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I brought this to cleanse my skin after developing a face full of acne after using MAC Blot Powder. I wanted something different to my normal crème cleanser that would leave my skin feeling nice without a residue. I have been using this for 2 weeks and its working well, my spots are clearing and my face feels wonderfully clean after using this product. I will buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2013 11:22:00 AM More reviews by cattyh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My friend had used up 8 bottles and recommended this to me. I was very excited to try; however, I am not impressed AT ALL. It doesn't clean very well as there are always residue left on my skin. I've used it for half a week and I've gotten allergic reaction. Red patches on my cheeks and a bunch of tiny bumps along my jawline. I feel like my skin has gotten worse!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 5:50:00 AM More reviews by blairpeony

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love love love love this product!! This is the best cleanser I have tried! It does wonders for oily-acne prone skin.
Pros
-nice texture (gel)
-nice energising smell
-cheap(you only need a small quantity)
-clears up acne and blemishes
-can be used on body as well

Cons
-the only think I would list as a con is the packaging. I wish it came with a pump.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by nadia23r

I was happy with it for the first bit but my skin is still crap I still have painful blotches or acne
and this leaves a tight omg feeling
and super expensive too
I think hot water will do since it doesn't cost money lol
I have tried lots of things but by far I don't like this

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by apricotcloud

I agree with the recent negative comments. It smells nice and gets your make up off well, but I find it leaves a residue on my skin and my skin is still oily after using this. Does nothing to balance it at all. Wouldn't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2013 11:09:00 AM More reviews by happyalibaba

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

Break me out... I got a body wash from Kirkland which has similar ingredients broke my body out too.....

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2013 10:58:00 AM More reviews by waters2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate to bring down the great reviews, but this product did not clean well and caused breakouts, and made my face blotchy.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2013 7:18:00 AM More reviews by riri92000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for a couple of months now and I'm not quite sure I like it, as a cleanser that is. It's a little bit drying for everyday use, it leaves my skin very tight and flaking around my brows, temple, cheeks and mouth.

But, this is completly AMAZING in the shower it's probably better than any peeling product I've ever tried. I don't know how but this cleans out your pores like no ones buisness if used like I do in the shower.

First I wait until I'm almost entirely done with my shower and then while stile running how water I massage this into my skin, it feels like silk and starts to foam a little and then you will feel the grit and junk leaving your pores and start to buildup between your fingers, rinse your hands and repeat. Nothing and I truly mean NOTHING is this succesful at cleaning out my pores and considering this feels so soft and great at the same time without any harsh, grains and beads I get absolutly in awe about how this is miles better than any other peeling I've ever tried. No more harsh scrubbing this is my new holy grail peeling.

Oh, I use the one for oily, blemish-prone skin.

******Edit*******
Have been using this product for a couple of months now and I'm sad to say that the "peeling effect" it once had on my skin has now decreased. It doesn't cleanse like it used to even though I've tried doubling and tripling the amount of product. I have no idea why but I'm quite sad about, I quess it was to good to be true.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2013 11:13:00 AM More reviews by yarrthehotpants

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've used and loved this cleanser for a while. It removed all my makeup and my acne-prone skin cleared up a lot, which I attributed to the lactic acid. However, I recently repurchased a new bottle and was sad to see it was reformulated. It's now extremely drying and makes my eyes turn red and sting, plus the lactic acid has been removed. The new ingredients are: Water (aqua), Decyl Glucoside, Polysorbate 20, Ceteareth 60 Myristyl Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Methyl Gluceth 20, Cetrimonium Bromide, Green 5 (CI 61570), Disodium EDTA, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Fragrance (parfum), Imidazolidinyl Urea, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Oil, Zinc Gluconate.