Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream

3.9

on 1/9/2012 3:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this! I received a sample from Sephora awhile back and never tried it, until today. I noticed on the packaging that it can be used for split cuticles and on the lips! I tried it on my cuticles first, which mine are horrible bc i bite my nails. It has a strong scent but I don't mind, it sinks in and the smell goes away. It just smells like ointment. Then I did what I was scared to, I used it on my sensitive lips and I loved it! I have been looking for something moisturizing for my lips and nothing seems to work well enough, not vaseline, not the sara happ lip slip. After spending so much money and time, this is the best thing for my lips. It helps smooth them so quickly, makes them soooo soft instantaneously. I'm so glad I didn't have an allergic reaction, bc my lips seem to be allergic to most lip glosses/carmex/etc. It's pricey but I don't care, a decent sized tube from sephora $16 will last me a really long time.

on 9/3/2011 8:39:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am not a fan of this moisturizer. First of all it smells like a combination of vick's vapor rub and vasaline...and pretty much feels like it too when you put it on your skin minus the cooling sensation. I have very dry skin on my body and this didn't moisturize any better than any other regular mediocre moisturizer I have used before....which in turn leads me to say that this stuff is way over priced! And by the way....if you are prone to breakouts like I am do not use this on your face. I tried it on my face after it didn't moisturize my body skin enough and that was a big mistake.

on 8/12/2011 3:26:00 PM

I bought this at Sephora when I saw it by the register and I'm a sucker for stuff that's readily available, so I got it. I'm not sure what compelled me because I have about 40 unused tubes of lotion at home from various sales. I tried it on my hands and it was a bit heavy, it's summer though, so maybe in the winter it will be more appropriate. I did use it on my lips though and I loved it! Usually no matter how much I exfoliate my lips and use lip balm they are still so dry and lip products always look like crap, but not if I use this. Before I was unable to use certain lighter shades of lipstick because they would show so many flakes on my lips, but this prevents that. Plus, if I use it for a few days straight the effects last a lot longer. Would definitely recommend to anyone with hopelessly dry lips!

on 7/12/2011 8:42:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This is great stuff for dry skin. I don't use it regularly - only when my hands feel very dry or have dry spots. I also use it when I travel to dry climates: nothing works better on my face when I am in the dessert or high elevations. Smell goes away quickly. Will definitely repurchase.

on 7/12/2011 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I got a jar of Yu Be cream as a present from a friend who came back from his trip to Japan. This cream has been amazing for my extremely sensitive and sometimes problematic skin. During the harsh winter months, it's the only thing that clears up dry itchy patches on my skin and I also occasionally use it on my scalp when it suffers from excessive heat from blow dryer. I will definitely repurchase.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I did not sample this before purchasing, which I kind of regret. I bought the "large" tub for about $25 because it was cheaper per ounce than the small one, don't you love my logic? I didn't like the smell at first, but it has sort of grown on me. It reminds me, honestly, of fresh soil. I have a very oily t-zone but use some acne products that make my skin flake, so I used a little bit of this on my face the first night I got it, and it broke me out and made me feel even more oily. So I reserved this for body only. I have not used it on a regular basis but when I have used it on my elbows, knees, tops of hands, etc I really like it. It gives me the feel of Jurlique hand cream without the potent smell. I do not like using it on the palms of my hands because they feel greasy/waxy for a long time afterward. I think I will start using this as a cuticle cream. The cream is extremely thick (I like using it for my lips) so it will last a long time but I don't think I will buy it again. Also, I heard that it is good for scarring, but have not seen any improvement in my surgical scars. And FYI, I ordered the face scrub and lip balm, and was disappointed with both those products as well. I was expecting great things based on reviews and these products did not deliver for me.

on 5/13/2011 10:27:00 AM

I had a sample of this sitting around forever, and was reluctant to use it because of the menthol smell (I'm very sensitive to smell) - but I finally tried it and I'm so glad I did. The menthol smell does go away really quickly. I used this on my hands and was astounded at what a good job it did on my extremely dry cuticles. I bought a full size ASAP and am using it on hands, feet, arms, elbow, lips, you name it! It's also helping to clear up some insanely dry spots on my arms. Awesome stuff, don't know I lived without it before!

on 5/11/2011 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I don't know which was created first, Yu Be or Carmex, but they smell and feel almost exactly the same. The difference is that I would never put Carmex all over my hands. I have never been a fan of Carmex's extremely strong smell, so when I started using a sample of this cream inside of a car and the strong smell of menthol and some sort of chemical/herbal smell began wafting in the air in front of me and hanging there, I knew that I was never going to use this product again. Unfortunately for the other people in the car with me, the odor moved to all areas of the car and stayed there for 20 minutes despite excellent ventilation. It also didn't absorb quickly at all. As a Carmex-like lip balm or a salve, it's probably not a bad thing to have around, but Carmex and other things like Smith's Rosebud salve are cheaper purchases for those purposes.

Got a sample tube of this when I bought the Yu-Be scrub. I don't have sensitive skin, but this cream is cloying and broke me out. Very thick. Not good for me.

on 3/20/2011 11:53:00 AM

Best ever! It really works. I use this every night as a lip balm before I go to bed. I have full plump beautiful lips - if I may say so. During Winter months I will occasionally apply on trouble spots on my face and hands. It is very emollient so I don't as a regular moisturizer and I don't mind the menthol smell. A little goes a long way, this tube lasts me a year+ and at $15 a tube a super deal.