October 20, 2014 | 1913 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2011 8:42:00 PM More reviews by soylocita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is great stuff for dry skin. I don't use it regularly - only when my hands feel very dry or have dry spots. I also use it when I travel to dry climates: nothing works better on my face when I am in the dessert or high elevations. Smell goes away quickly. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2011 8:12:00 PM More reviews by MagicP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got a jar of Yu Be cream as a present from a friend who came back from his trip to Japan. This cream has been amazing for my extremely sensitive and sometimes problematic skin. During the harsh winter months, it's the only thing that clears up dry itchy patches on my skin and I also occasionally use it on my scalp when it suffers from excessive heat from blow dryer. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2011 2:55:00 AM More reviews by AnonymousOneThree

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I did not sample this before purchasing, which I kind of regret. I bought the "large" tub for about $25 because it was cheaper per ounce than the small one, don't you love my logic? I didn't like the smell at first, but it has sort of grown on me. It reminds me, honestly, of fresh soil. I have a very oily t-zone but use some acne products that make my skin flake, so I used a little bit of this on my face the first night I got it, and it broke me out and made me feel even more oily. So I reserved this for body only. I have not used it on a regular basis but when I have used it on my elbows, knees, tops of hands, etc I really like it. It gives me the feel of Jurlique hand cream without the potent smell. I do not like using it on the palms of my hands because they feel greasy/waxy for a long time afterward. I think I will start using this as a cuticle cream. The cream is extremely thick (I like using it for my lips) so it will last a long time but I don't think I will buy it again. Also, I heard that it is good for scarring, but have not seen any improvement in my surgical scars. And FYI, I ordered the face scrub and lip balm, and was disappointed with both those products as well. I was expecting great things based on reviews and these products did not deliver for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2011 10:27:00 AM More reviews by brooklynbee

I had a sample of this sitting around forever, and was reluctant to use it because of the menthol smell (I'm very sensitive to smell) - but I finally tried it and I'm so glad I did. The menthol smell does go away really quickly. I used this on my hands and was astounded at what a good job it did on my extremely dry cuticles. I bought a full size ASAP and am using it on hands, feet, arms, elbow, lips, you name it! It's also helping to clear up some insanely dry spots on my arms. Awesome stuff, don't know I lived without it before!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2011 12:11:00 AM More reviews by arissamay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't know which was created first, Yu Be or Carmex, but they smell and feel almost exactly the same. The difference is that I would never put Carmex all over my hands. I have never been a fan of Carmex's extremely strong smell, so when I started using a sample of this cream inside of a car and the strong smell of menthol and some sort of chemical/herbal smell began wafting in the air in front of me and hanging there, I knew that I was never going to use this product again. Unfortunately for the other people in the car with me, the odor moved to all areas of the car and stayed there for 20 minutes despite excellent ventilation. It also didn't absorb quickly at all. As a Carmex-like lip balm or a salve, it's probably not a bad thing to have around, but Carmex and other things like Smith's Rosebud salve are cheaper purchases for those purposes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2011 12:28:00 PM More reviews by combatmedicwife

Got a sample tube of this when I bought the Yu-Be scrub. I don't have sensitive skin, but this cream is cloying and broke me out. Very thick. Not good for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2011 11:53:00 AM More reviews by lele118

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best ever! It really works. I use this every night as a lip balm before I go to bed. I have full plump beautiful lips - if I may say so. During Winter months I will occasionally apply on trouble spots on my face and hands. It is very emollient so I don't as a regular moisturizer and I don't mind the menthol smell. A little goes a long way, this tube lasts me a year+ and at $15 a tube a super deal.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2011 3:51:00 AM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I, too got a small sample of this from Sephora. I've tried several products of the same type (Egyptian Magic, Mia, Elizebeth Arden 8 hr cream) but I have to say Yu Be beats them all. I love that is doesn't have petrol products and is pretty "green", but most of all, I feel this actually DOES something. I used up my tiny tube on scratches, dry, flaky patches, callouses and even a flaky nose, and it's awesome. The moisturizing effects last 24hrs + and I like the texture, which is very thick-almost a gel. Don't confuse this with a cream or lotion, this is much thicker and medicated (camphor)...You would use this on problem areas. I have dry skin, so I wouldn't hesitate to use it on my face (and have-cleared up some tiny flakes my moisturizer wasn't working on). I agree it's relatively pricy, but with so many uses, it's well worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2011 8:09:00 AM More reviews by LadyBugGrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got this as a sample from my Sephora order and I am loving it! I have used it on my super chapped lips and it worked great. I also used it on some really dry spots on my face and it did a good job and didn't flare up my sensitive skin. Will be buying a full size this week.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2011 2:14:00 PM More reviews by inkchick

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received this as a sample from Sephora and being a constant sufferer of chapped lips, I'm surprised at how well this has worked on my lips. I wouldn't personally care for it on my face, but I have used it on my dry cuticles, heels and elbows. A tiny bit goes a long way and after using up the sample I ordered a small tube from Sephora.