August 21, 2014 | 1068 users online

Moisturizers - LUSH - Celestial

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by jdanskin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After enjoying two pots full of Celestial, I feel it's time to move on. Its vanilla smell is lovely, it moisturises my dry, sensitive skin very well, it doesn't cause a reaction like many other moisturisers do, and a little goes a long way so the little pot lasts a good while. It looks good on paper but in practice it's just not quite the perfect cream for me. Although I don't have oily skin I find quite a bit of shininess even after overnight and after using a tiny amount (I would only recommend this as a night cream), and it doesn't seem to calm the redness in my skin all that well. For the price it's a nice cream with a lot going for it, and I'm sure it would suit some right down to the ground, but for me there's something slightly 'meh' about it. I've decided to give Eucerin Q10 Sensitive Skin Night Creme a go instead, but if I was ever stuck for a good (but not amazing) night cream again, I'd know where to go.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2012 9:59:00 PM More reviews by annalorelei

Was recommended this moisturiser in store for my combination skin which had recently been suffering dryness and irritation due to winter closing in and I really like it. The tester in store was in a pump, which dispensed a very small amount of product and gave the impression this was quite a light product. On buying the full size tub it is much thicker and you have to be careful to use a small amount, a little really goes a long way and I can see this cream lasting a long time and providing excellent value for money (it's about 14 a tub I think!) In the colder weather I find drugstore products especially those containing alcohol and parabens irritate my skin and lead to tightness, whereas celestial is a beautiful formulation with no harsh chemicals which leaves skin soft and supple with no tightness or irritation. I have tried Lush's more expensive Gorgeous moisturiser (around 40), which is a nice product in it's own right, but certainly not 26 worth of nicer than Celestial. I wish the packaging was nicer, the black tubs are fine for most Lush products but for 14-40 creams I expect something a bit better.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2012 7:40:00 AM More reviews by Kiabiah

*Packaging: The usual black small tub which is terrible for this product! It is prone to leakage and a lot of product gets stuck in the screw lid!
*Price: the price is quite reasonable for this moisturizer. It's also one of their cheapest moisturizer in general.
*Smell: Divine ... vanilla goodness ... yum
*Result: I really wanted to love this moisturizer (price/smell) but for me it's a bit too greasy. I have a combination skin (dry cheeks and oily T-zone) and Celestial made my skin apear very waxy and shiney. So I only used it at night time because I didn't want to look like a bowling ball during the day. It made my skin very soft when I woke up though. I might repurchase it but use it as a night cream if I can't find something more suitable. It didn't give me any breakouts.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2012 3:16:00 PM More reviews by Melavigne

I bought this a few years back, it seems thicker in consistency then and there seem to be some tiny tiny lumps. I love it during winter month. Fast forward to few years later, I find myself going back to it because as I grew older, I find my skin getting drier. However, this time round, this cream isn't that thick and doesn't smell as strong of vanilla anymore. This is a bummer but perhaps this is because of the different batch. However, I still love it. Comfortable on the skin and on the nose.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2012 11:31:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

Seemed to work wonders for my dry flakey skin in the winter. It's very thick, rich, and calming/soothing but after using it multiple times it seemed to be making my skin even drier. It's one of those moisturizers that seems to just sit on top of the skin and never completely soak in. It is a bit greasy but not overly so. Maybe it didn't work well for me because I have too dry of skin, I don't know. It is expensive but will last a long time since only a tiny bit is used each time.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2012 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Lana1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The smell of this is just divine. It smells like rice pudding! It's quite concentrated in the jar, but once it's on my face, the smell is just gorgeous.
Celestial is very moisturising and it leaves my skin super super soft. Babysoft :)
But it absorbs very very slowly. After applying there is a greasy, waxy film left on my face, so I use this at night and when I wake up my skin is soooo unbelievebly soft.
There's one big flaw in this little pot of heaven and that's the jar itself. The lid is just a tiny bit too big for the pot, so when I put this in my bag when I'm going somewhere, a lot of product gets stuck in between the "ribs" at the top. It doesn't seem runny enough to leak, but I won't risk it anyway.
But well, that's only the jar.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2012 10:08:00 AM More reviews by Laura22smom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love, love love this one! I've been searching long and hard for a moisturizer that is effective, pleasant smelling (I am sensitive to smells) and within my budget. My first love is a product way out of my budget (guerlain orchidee) and it was through my search to find some of the key elements in this product that I found celestial (they share some key ingredients). The consistency is light, easily obsorbed and without a hint of stickiness. For me the fact that there is no sunscreen is a plus because I prefer to use photostable sunscreen during the day and at night i obviously don't need any sunscreen.

i strongly recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2012 12:19:00 PM More reviews by kaileylovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow, this is the second time I've purchased Celestial in the past four years, and I have no clue why I stopped!

When you open the jar a sweet almond milk scent greets you. The cream is rich and thick, great for dry skin like mine. Upon using it ONE time, my fine lines DISSAPEARED (hours later- still GONE!) my skin is warranting my friends to rub it and sniff it, I'm getting compliments from my male friends on my skin (I have eczema but this is like wearing foundation, it blurs all my imperfections) AND my skin feels smooth, hydrated, incredible. In one use after years of using other moisturizers. Ontop of all that, Celestial performs better than dare I say... Gorgeous?! YES! But that's just my opinion. I hope this works wonders for you too.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by lilmissredhead

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this for the cold harsh winter months! After spending whack loads of money trying to find a moisturizer with no spf (I'm allergic and get tiny red bumps all over) and moisturizing enough for canadian winters, I decided to get a sample from lush since I had never tried their products before and read some decent reviews. I used that sample in a week and had to go back for the normal size. Although, I think in the summer time this may be a little too greasy for my skin, I will definitely re purchase though when winter comes back full force (in like 4 months lol)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2012 12:21:00 AM More reviews by blacksheep6293

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I did like this moisturiser.
I was in the Lush store looking for a simple yet effective all natural moisturiser that did what it was supposed to.

I think Celestial is the second cheapest facial moisturiser at Lush.
It smells to me like light almond cream; a very nice, light and non-offensive scent.
I use it at night and wake up in the morning with bright, supple skin.
Sinks into the skin at a reasonable pace which I like. A nice night (or day) moisturiser for the summer months.