LUSH Celestial

3.8

Vanilla Water (Vanilla planifolia), Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Almond Milk (Prunus dulcis), Glycerine, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Fresh Dove Orchid Extract (Dendrobium), Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben,.

on 11/25/2013 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

A really basic moisturiser. I was initially sold this because my eczema was pretty bad and sensitive to anything at the time. This cream has the least amount of ingredients. I wouldn't say it does anything special for the skin, but does keep it moisturised without causing further irritation. Always have this for emergencies

on 9/23/2013 4:13:00 PM

This moisturizer did nothing for my skin at all. It's easily one of the most useless moisturizers I've ever tried.

I bought it on the recommendation of a sales associate in the store I visited. At the time, my skin was particularly dry and really needed a boost. With a decent list of skin-friendly ingredients, I thought this would do the trick in helping to nourish and rehydrate my skin. But it just sat on my face every time and never sank in. And I have dry skin, so I suspect that it being loaded with oils this moisturizer wasn't going to work for me from the get-go. Oil doesn't do much for my dry skin. I need something water-based to restore primary hydration levels in my skin.

The texture is light and the scent is pleasant, though minimal. I imagine this might work well for someone with normal skin who wants a no-fuss basic daytime moisturizer and who doesn't have many issues with dry or oily skin.

The packaging? I've never been much of a fan of LUSH's use of pots for packaging. I wish this moisturizer had come in a bottle with a pump instead.

The ingredients are great, save for the parabens. I've never understood why a company that claims to be so natural insists on using such crappy preservatives. Lots of other companies with comparable "natural" products don't use parabens and their products do just fine without them.

Overall, this product is fine enough. It just didn't offer the kind of hydrating benefits my skin needs.

on 9/8/2013 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have extremely sensitive, acne-prone skin since I used Proactiv, which ruined my face, and since then have been trying and failing to find a reasonably priced moisturiser that doesn't make me break out, or turn bumpy, itchy and red.
I've been using Celestial for the past four days, and so far it's a total winner. I only wash and moisturise my face at night, so I've been using this after using Angels on Bare Skin, and the difference is amazing. Smooth, even toned skin that isn't red or flaky, and feels moisturised without having a layer of grease on it. Celestial soaks straight in on my skin, and seems to hydrate just enough, even when using a small amount. I'm not sure if the recipe Lush use in Australia is different, but I don't find this product heavy at all, in fact it's really light.
Fingers crossed the good effect lasts, and my skin continues to improve with Celestial.

on 8/21/2013 11:06:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I use Celestial twice daily. In the morning before my makeup, and at night, before bed. It is not as lightweight as Vanishing Cream (which I also love). My skin tone is really even with the use of Celestial; I rarely wear foundation anymore. I do get a pimple from time to time but I attribute that to horomones, and not Celestial.

I use Celestial after my shower, followed by a bit of TheBalm concealer under eyes and around nose, followed by a dusting of loose powder and then the rest of my makeup. Celestial has therefore sort of become my foundation. My skin is left hydrated and dewy all day. Some have complained it is too greasy, but I prefer the healthy, dewy glow I get with Celestial over a matte look (which I don't generally prefer except in the heart of winter).

I will always repurchase; I love this moisturizer. I gave it only 4 stars because I do wish it had SPF.

on 7/29/2013 3:12:00 PM

I used to love my facial moisturizer from Arbonne until they discontinued it. Was settling for Aveeno until I find something that I love again.

First off, I love the smell.

This moisturizer makes my skin very oily and shiny all day.

This also makes my face break out into little pimples.

Back to Aveeno, I may just use this up on my hands and not purchase again.

on 7/17/2013 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to love this, and I did for about a week in winter, and then it gave me loads of infected pimples around my mouth. and I only used a smidgen!! maybe I should've kept it in the fridge?

on 7/2/2013 8:44:00 PM

I bought this moisturizer a few months ago, and haven't even gotten through half of it. Reading all the great reviews about this moisturizer, I decided to purchase this along with some other LUSH products I wanted to try.

First of all, the scent is AMAZING. It smells like Häagen-Dazs' vanilla ice cream, very yummy. The feeling when I put it on, however- Is not so delicious. My skin does not handle well with greasier moisturizers, and Celestial left my face feeling like I hadn't bathe in a week. That being said, I broke out pretty badly a few days after (It was really bad, but the thing is- I never break out that badly before).

These days, I just use it on my hands. I won't repurchase.

on 6/14/2013 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i have been repurchasing this for more than a year.

i have really sensitive skin and this worked amazingly well with my skin soothed it down.

on 5/5/2013 5:38:00 PM

I think I've tried all of LUSH's face creams at this point and they all turn my skin into a disaster. Celestial manages to make my face more dry and I get horrible, deep breakouts along my cheeks whenever I use it (even with the very first use). I gave up on it entirely after a week. It does have nice, soft, vanilla pudding type of smell to me, but the cream itself is a nightmare on my skin. Not moisturizing enough *and* makes me get huge breakouts.

on 4/28/2013 5:05:00 AM

This works very well for dry, combination skin. Very moisturising, i had a lot of redness, dry, flaky, peely patches, and its cleared them up noticeably in a few days. Not completely, but i have noticed an improvement. It is a light weight formula, my only bad point is that i find it a bit greasy, dont like the feel of greasy stuff on my hands, but not that much of a big deal, i can wash it off my hands after all. Smells very coconut or almond like, quite nice.