December 22, 2014 | 1103 users online

Moisturizers - LUSH - Celestial

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Peachx

I'm disappointed with this moisturiser, I usually love moisturisers by LUSH, because they're so light and refreshing but this is quite the opposite. I find the texture quite strange- thick and balmy, it's sits on top of my skin feeling sticky and heavy. I quite like the scent though- comforting and slightly vanillary. I don't like to give anything from LUSH a bad review as I'm such a massive fan of their products but this one just wasn't for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 3:36:00 AM More reviews by bethanaimeexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is my favourite moisturizer! I have severely sensitive skin that breaks out in cystic pimples every time I change a product in my skin care or make up routine. I had just tried out a new cleanser and my skin had broken out worse then it ever had before, on a trip to lush I was purchasing some items when I noticed how soft the cashier's hands were and she said it was from testing that moisturizer out on them all day, so originally I was going to use this on my hands. However, I tried this on my face for a few days and my face started to completely clear up and after a week or so it was like the breakout had never happened. Amazing. I do this it is overpriced seen as you can buy the natural ingredients alone for cheaper, but I love it so much that I will just keep buying it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 10:13:00 AM More reviews by Sarah1325

I love how this is a lightweight moisurizer. That is greasy as hell. (Eyeroll)
It makes my pores feel clogged and it just doesn't feel nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 7:55:00 PM More reviews by phyliciamonique

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have combination skin..extremely dry in winter and slightly oily in summer. This is the only moisturizer that I've found that doesn't clog my pores or make my face feel dry again after 2 hours in the winter. It's lightweight and perfect and smells so good. I've tried some of the 'best' moisturizers out there (Chanel, sephora, Lancôme) and always run back to this. I pretty much live by lush products as it is right now.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2012 12:53:00 AM More reviews by georginaaah

this is the ONLY moisturiser i have ever tried that doesn't make my skin feel like it's on fire! not only does it smell lovely, but it also does a top notch job of moisturising my skin. i personally love the packaging, as i am in COMPLETE control of how much i am getting out, and i can fully use the entire product. it's very moisturising, and i prefer to use it of a night time, which i can get away with as my skin isn't dry. it's a bit too greasy to use in the daytime i find. overall i highly recommend this to people who find most moisturisers painful to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by jdanskin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After enjoying two pots full of Celestial, I feel it's time to move on. Its vanilla smell is lovely, it moisturises my dry, sensitive skin very well, it doesn't cause a reaction like many other moisturisers do, and a little goes a long way so the little pot lasts a good while. It looks good on paper but in practice it's just not quite the perfect cream for me. Although I don't have oily skin I find quite a bit of shininess even after overnight and after using a tiny amount (I would only recommend this as a night cream), and it doesn't seem to calm the redness in my skin all that well. For the price it's a nice cream with a lot going for it, and I'm sure it would suit some right down to the ground, but for me there's something slightly 'meh' about it. I've decided to give Eucerin Q10 Sensitive Skin Night Creme a go instead, but if I was ever stuck for a good (but not amazing) night cream again, I'd know where to go.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2012 9:59:00 PM More reviews by annalorelei

Was recommended this moisturiser in store for my combination skin which had recently been suffering dryness and irritation due to winter closing in and I really like it. The tester in store was in a pump, which dispensed a very small amount of product and gave the impression this was quite a light product. On buying the full size tub it is much thicker and you have to be careful to use a small amount, a little really goes a long way and I can see this cream lasting a long time and providing excellent value for money (it's about £14 a tub I think!) In the colder weather I find drugstore products especially those containing alcohol and parabens irritate my skin and lead to tightness, whereas celestial is a beautiful formulation with no harsh chemicals which leaves skin soft and supple with no tightness or irritation. I have tried Lush's more expensive Gorgeous moisturiser (around £40), which is a nice product in it's own right, but certainly not £26 worth of nicer than Celestial. I wish the packaging was nicer, the black tubs are fine for most Lush products but for £14-40 creams I expect something a bit better.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2012 7:40:00 AM More reviews by Kiabiah

*Packaging: The usual black small tub which is terrible for this product! It is prone to leakage and a lot of product gets stuck in the screw lid!
*Price: the price is quite reasonable for this moisturizer. It's also one of their cheapest moisturizer in general.
*Smell: Divine ... vanilla goodness ... yum
*Result: I really wanted to love this moisturizer (price/smell) but for me it's a bit too greasy. I have a combination skin (dry cheeks and oily T-zone) and Celestial made my skin apear very waxy and shiney. So I only used it at night time because I didn't want to look like a bowling ball during the day. It made my skin very soft when I woke up though. I might repurchase it but use it as a night cream if I can't find something more suitable. It didn't give me any breakouts.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2012 3:16:00 PM More reviews by Melavigne

I bought this a few years back, it seems thicker in consistency then and there seem to be some tiny tiny lumps. I love it during winter month. Fast forward to few years later, I find myself going back to it because as I grew older, I find my skin getting drier. However, this time round, this cream isn't that thick and doesn't smell as strong of vanilla anymore. This is a bummer but perhaps this is because of the different batch. However, I still love it. Comfortable on the skin and on the nose.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2012 11:31:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

Seemed to work wonders for my dry flakey skin in the winter. It's very thick, rich, and calming/soothing but after using it multiple times it seemed to be making my skin even drier. It's one of those moisturizers that seems to just sit on top of the skin and never completely soak in. It is a bit greasy but not overly so. Maybe it didn't work well for me because I have too dry of skin, I don't know. It is expensive but will last a long time since only a tiny bit is used each time.