January 26, 2015 | 967 users online

Moisturizers - LUSH - Celestial

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by TaniaRides

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I think I've tried all of LUSH's face creams at this point and they all turn my skin into a disaster. Celestial manages to make my face more dry and I get horrible, deep breakouts along my cheeks whenever I use it (even with the very first use). I gave up on it entirely after a week. It does have nice, soft, vanilla pudding type of smell to me, but the cream itself is a nightmare on my skin. Not moisturizing enough *and* makes me get huge breakouts.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2013 5:05:00 AM More reviews by vw1983

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This works very well for dry, combination skin. Very moisturising, i had a lot of redness, dry, flaky, peely patches, and its cleared them up noticeably in a few days. Not completely, but i have noticed an improvement. It is a light weight formula, my only bad point is that i find it a bit greasy, dont like the feel of greasy stuff on my hands, but not that much of a big deal, i can wash it off my hands after all. Smells very coconut or almond like, quite nice.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2013 9:38:00 AM More reviews by aubsan92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was slightly disappointed by this product, but I think only because of my expectations. I expected it to be a lightweight, non-greasy formula to use in the summertime as a moisturizer. I tried it out in the late summer and it was so much thicker (even when applying a small amount) that it had to be put away for the winter. However, that said, it works great for the colder months in Boston where I live. It takes a little while to soak in, but it makes your skin sooo soft. I'm very fair and my skin gets irritated easily, but I generally don't have problems with breakouts. So, if you're looking for a nice clean winter moisturizer, then this works. Keep in mind that a little goes a long way for this stuff and if you use too much, you'll think it's way too greasy. Just a pea sized amount for the whole face works just fine.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Peachx

I'm disappointed with this moisturiser, I usually love moisturisers by LUSH, because they're so light and refreshing but this is quite the opposite. I find the texture quite strange- thick and balmy, it's sits on top of my skin feeling sticky and heavy. I quite like the scent though- comforting and slightly vanillary. I don't like to give anything from LUSH a bad review as I'm such a massive fan of their products but this one just wasn't for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 3:36:00 AM More reviews by bethanaimeexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is my favourite moisturizer! I have severely sensitive skin that breaks out in cystic pimples every time I change a product in my skin care or make up routine. I had just tried out a new cleanser and my skin had broken out worse then it ever had before, on a trip to lush I was purchasing some items when I noticed how soft the cashier's hands were and she said it was from testing that moisturizer out on them all day, so originally I was going to use this on my hands. However, I tried this on my face for a few days and my face started to completely clear up and after a week or so it was like the breakout had never happened. Amazing. I do this it is overpriced seen as you can buy the natural ingredients alone for cheaper, but I love it so much that I will just keep buying it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 10:13:00 AM More reviews by Sarah1325

I love how this is a lightweight moisurizer. That is greasy as hell. (Eyeroll)
It makes my pores feel clogged and it just doesn't feel nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 7:55:00 PM More reviews by phyliciamonique

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have combination skin..extremely dry in winter and slightly oily in summer. This is the only moisturizer that I've found that doesn't clog my pores or make my face feel dry again after 2 hours in the winter. It's lightweight and perfect and smells so good. I've tried some of the 'best' moisturizers out there (Chanel, sephora, Lancôme) and always run back to this. I pretty much live by lush products as it is right now.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2012 12:53:00 AM More reviews by georginaaah

this is the ONLY moisturiser i have ever tried that doesn't make my skin feel like it's on fire! not only does it smell lovely, but it also does a top notch job of moisturising my skin. i personally love the packaging, as i am in COMPLETE control of how much i am getting out, and i can fully use the entire product. it's very moisturising, and i prefer to use it of a night time, which i can get away with as my skin isn't dry. it's a bit too greasy to use in the daytime i find. overall i highly recommend this to people who find most moisturisers painful to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by jdanskin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After enjoying two pots full of Celestial, I feel it's time to move on. Its vanilla smell is lovely, it moisturises my dry, sensitive skin very well, it doesn't cause a reaction like many other moisturisers do, and a little goes a long way so the little pot lasts a good while. It looks good on paper but in practice it's just not quite the perfect cream for me. Although I don't have oily skin I find quite a bit of shininess even after overnight and after using a tiny amount (I would only recommend this as a night cream), and it doesn't seem to calm the redness in my skin all that well. For the price it's a nice cream with a lot going for it, and I'm sure it would suit some right down to the ground, but for me there's something slightly 'meh' about it. I've decided to give Eucerin Q10 Sensitive Skin Night Creme a go instead, but if I was ever stuck for a good (but not amazing) night cream again, I'd know where to go.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2012 9:59:00 PM More reviews by annalorelei

Was recommended this moisturiser in store for my combination skin which had recently been suffering dryness and irritation due to winter closing in and I really like it. The tester in store was in a pump, which dispensed a very small amount of product and gave the impression this was quite a light product. On buying the full size tub it is much thicker and you have to be careful to use a small amount, a little really goes a long way and I can see this cream lasting a long time and providing excellent value for money (it's about £14 a tub I think!) In the colder weather I find drugstore products especially those containing alcohol and parabens irritate my skin and lead to tightness, whereas celestial is a beautiful formulation with no harsh chemicals which leaves skin soft and supple with no tightness or irritation. I have tried Lush's more expensive Gorgeous moisturiser (around £40), which is a nice product in it's own right, but certainly not £26 worth of nicer than Celestial. I wish the packaging was nicer, the black tubs are fine for most Lush products but for £14-40 creams I expect something a bit better.