The Body Shop Eyeshadow Brush

3.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/22/2008 2:17:00 AM

I am not too keen on this brush and I have most of them (wanted them as a set before discovering Mac!!)

It does not pick up enough color, I would try it as a concealer brush but I already have 4 of those!! Keep getting them in Bare Escentuals kits!

I do find it works pretty well with a mac fluid line (thats kind of dried up) and with cream eyeshadows.

One thing I do not like about the Body Shop brushes are the large bases, they take up a lot of room!

I have washed it several times (I have had it for several years) I have never had a problem with the bristles going funny.

I would not recommend or buy this brush again. I love Mac or Bare Ecentuals bruhes for eyeshadows.

on 11/16/2008 11:00:00 PM

I agree with the reviews that for an eyeshadow brush, it is too hard and flat to be used well with normal powder eyeshadow. It didn't seem to pick up enough colour from my powder eyeshadows - I had to keep swiping at the pot - and didn't seem to blend the powder well either! Thanks for the suggestions that it works as a concealer brush. I will try that instead.

on 10/12/2008 8:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I don't mind this brush. I use it for applying all types of eyeshadow, but i find it to better, as someone else below me said, for MAC paint pots.

Someone also mentioned that after washing, the bristles go all funny, and clump and splay out? This hasn't happened to me.. but it's happened to someone else that's also gotten this same brush so yeh..

It's not great but it does the job okay. =)

on 9/28/2008 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

that is just what i was thinking this morning this brush is more apt for concealer. seems to be an ok brush i dont like it at all for shadows. nothing amazing really. good quality good handle but wont repurchase any brushes at body shop again.

on 9/11/2008 9:55:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I think this is actually a concealer/emolient based products brush, instead of a powder eyeshadow one. I use this cheap brush for applying my MAC paint pots and it's really great for that purpose.

on 6/5/2008 1:38:00 AM

I agree with the reviews that say this brush doesn't pick up enough pigment. It's also a bit too flat for my liking. I currently use a NYX brush that is much cheaper and does the job wonderfully. I used to think that my eyeshadows weren't pigmented enough, until I realized that the brush was the problem. And it really does make a difference! After washing this brush, the bristles also became even more stiff and splayed out. I ended up throwing the brush away.

on 3/3/2008 6:29:00 AM

I found this brush very hard, and didnt pick up any pigment, but rather damaged some of my eyeshadows. It made it very hard to properly apply eyeshadow. I before my brushes not to be so stiff!
However after reading some reviews in here i might use to apply concealer, because as far as eyeshadow goes, it does nothing for me.

on 2/6/2008 10:52:00 AM

i use this as my undereye concealer brush instead of eyeshadow brush. it works well with my MAC studio finish concealer. it's compact enough to grab enough concealer and doesnt splay out, yet flexible enough as a whole that it doesnt tug at your skin. the size is also just nice for my undereye area. good buy!

on 8/9/2007 8:29:00 PM

It's a very soft brush. Good for blending. I agree with all the other reviews who say it doesn't pick up pigment.

I can't stand this brush! It's much too stiff and does not apply eyeshadow well at all. I've tried using it with various brands of eyeshadow and still nothing.

Popular Makeup Brushes