October 25, 2014 | 1753 users online

Shampoo - John Frieda - Brilliant Brunette Shine Release Moisturizing Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2010 8:09:00 AM More reviews by SChiara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product will definetly not help your hair if you use it for a long period of time. The bottom line is, this shampoo is damaging. It may be ok in the beginning, but will damage your hair and scalp over time.

For a drugstore shampoo, it's not dirt cheap either (in Europe at least).

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2010 7:26:00 PM More reviews by tiggynink

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This shampoo is amazing on my hair. It leaves it soft and incredibly shiny and it smells nice too. Definately buying again.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2010 12:10:00 PM More reviews by myrasays

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

At first it was love. clean beachy scent, smooth soft hair and general feeling of healthy hair. Then after 2 mos use, my scalp became irritated, dry, flaky and worse - extremely itchy! I began switching off of the shampoo and realized it was just that, my shampoo. Anytime my scalp got better I'd get brave and try to switch back to this shampoo with no luck. It literally burned my scalp just to wash my hair with this
shampoo. The conditioner is great though! No trouble there. Strange for a moisturizing shampoo! Won't buy again, wouldn't recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2010 10:20:00 PM More reviews by sushivorous

I used this throughout high school and loved it! It smells really nice and enhanced the color of my hair. It's a bit expensive for a drugstore shampoo in my opinion, though.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2010 8:43:00 PM More reviews by bowbat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This shampoo left my (thick, coarse) hair frizzy and unmanageable, while also causing my entire scalp to break out. On the plus side, it smells good and left my hair quite soft, so I guess it wasn't a total bust. Definitely wouldn't buy again.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2010 11:03:00 AM More reviews by joeyjojo864

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This shampoo is awesome. I color my hair different shades of brunette every now and then and always notice how the color falls flat or fades but this gives your hair that staying power and makes your color pop. It smells nice, not too over powering but kinda a downside for me cause I love my hair to smell like flowers and fruits a la herbal essence but what can we do. It does add shine for me and its not too harsh on my over processed hair. I bought like 5 bottles when they were on special cause the price is a little ridiculous.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2010 12:56:00 AM More reviews by angellbing

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

Just average. It didn't seem to damage my hair, but for a moisturizing combo (also using the conditioner), it didn't feel extra moisturized. I didn't notice any big boost in shine or tone, either, so this is really a more expensive drugstore shampoo that isn't really worth the extra few bucks in my opinion. It smells nice, gets my hair clean enough, but I'll move on when I'm finished.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2010 2:34:00 PM More reviews by lucrecia87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

smells delicious but that is about it..the first time i used it it made my hair feel soft..but after that it started to feel like straw..dunno ...i have very dry hair tho..so might work for you if you have normal hair..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2009 9:08:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This smells so good and it lingers in my hair for a long time. It does give great shine, though I wouldn't use it everyday. It does clean decently, but I worry about build-up from this over time. I also know that this doesn't deposit any color, but this does enhance the brown color already in my hair and makes it appear more monotone in color. My hair is also not as frizzy which is a plus. I would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2009 12:22:00 AM More reviews by Roseandthorn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this and the same brand shampoo for Chestnut to Espresso hair and I love it. I went from bleached blonde hair to dark brown last year (with auburn inbetween to fill in the base color) and I have no problem with my color fading, despite taking hot showers (I know, bad for hair and skin but it feels so great during the winter!). I can't stand hair products that leave deposits in my hair, and this product does not do that at all like cheaper shampoos and conditioners can tend to do. My hair tangles really easily with the wrong conditioner, but no matter what I can run a brush easily through my hair after I get out of the shower after using this conditioner. It smells yummy too!