Aveda Brilliant Humectant Pomade

4.1

Aqueous Extracts of Aloe, Kelp, Flaxseed, Oleth-10 (Plant Oils), PEG 25 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Glycerin (Coconut Oil), Isopropyl Palmitate (Palm Oil), Diisopropyl Dimerate (Mineral Oil Substitute), Sorbitol (Corn), Hydroxypropyl Bisstearyldimonium Chloride (Detangler), Methyl Gluceth-20 (Corn), Aveda's Own Pure, Natural Preservative Fragrance Containing Geranium & Other Essential Oils, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Methylparaben (Food Grade), Propylparaben (Food Grade), Diazolidinyl Urea (Allantoin)

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this product and use it by itself, as well as layered with other products, depending on how I want my curly hair to look. It is light-weight and works so well! I love that I can apply it while my hair is still wet and my hair doesn't keep that "I-just-showered-and-my-hair-is-either-still-wet-or-really-gelled" look. A tip- NEVER start with the top of your hair with this; it gets a little greasy-looking. Always start scrunching from the bottom and work up.

overpriced but it's good.

I have been a consistent user of this delightful product and it has never let me down! The texture, the scent ( the scent!!!!) , the heavy blue jar, the shine, the curl enhancement.... it is incredible. I find it works best for my dry-ish fine curly hair is to use a small dab rubbed between my hands and to scrunch it in my dried hair. I takes away every frizz and fly away and adds such gleam. You do not need a lot, it will make it greasy if you have fine hair. My friend who has thick heavy horse-mane like hair uses a huge glob and that works well for her.
After reading some of the reviews and before writing this one, I had to go use a little... and yep... it's true. I love it! Hope you do too.

This didn't moisturize my hair. My hair is coarse and chemically relaxed. I use this when I wear my hair in a ponytail. It does a great job of controlling flyaways. But I can't use this as a daily pomade because my hair doesn't absorb it and it starts to build up.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

It doesn't moisturize, however, it gives me good curl definition, smells lovely and gives my hair a nice sheen. I usually use it with something else, something that actually moisturizes. And I only use a tiny bit of amount, because more will just make your hair greasy and probably promotoe product build-up. I have 4a curls.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I keep coming back to this product to control fly aways and smooth the surface of my hair when I wear my hair straight, which is most of the time. It does a much better job than silicone liquids or gels or pastes. I prefer this one to the anti-humectant pomade- that one is greasier and really weighs my hair down. This one is slightly oily and you cannot use too much, otherwise you will have greasy hair as well, but it's much lighter and easier to use. I only use the antihumectant pomade in conjunction with a flat iron. This one is good for every day use. The product lasts a long time and has a great smell. Worth the money.

Works well to define curls when applied both wet and dry...FYI: I have curly/coarse hair that stays curly if I leave it alone (wavy frizz if I flip and play w/ it) Good product, but as mentioned earlier- apply with fingertips to frizz-prone layers. A heavy hand will leave you with hair that doesn't move!!(very waxy finish for a gel)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I always keep a jar of this around for days I need to add some volume into my hair, or soften the 'crunch' effect of a gel I've tried that dries too hard. Unlike many other volumizing products, this does not require a blowdryer to get that volume. My hair just get bigger as it air dries, and it stays that way all day. It is a unique, 1 of a kind product that they are charging an OUTRAGEOUS amount for. But it does last a long time, and the smell is great. This is not a stand alone product though...it has to be used with something else (usually gel for me) or it will frizz you up.

Like everyone else I like the blue glass jar.I also like the strong aveda smell and the whole idea of this product.It has wonderful glossy shine to it and looks great when first applied but unfortunately the gloss doesnt last and it doesnt seem to be able to do much for my very temperamental coarse thick hair especially in the days when I used to blow dry/flat iron it straight.So it gathered dust in a corner.Now that I wear my hair curly,I may just try it like other MUAers here in conjunction with another conditioner.Who knows it just might work.Maybe i was using too much of it as well.

This is my HG. I have very thick, wavy hair which tends to get frizzy. I use Redken anti-snap leave-in conditioner, and Aveda be curly and this on wet hair. The first two products define my waves, but without this wonderful pomade, my hair would be huge! It really helps to make my curls stay and gives lots of shine to them. Warning: don't use too much, otherwise your hair will look greasy and weighed down. Take a small amount and rub between your palms, then work it out on your hair, so a chunk of pomade won't stick on a part of your hair. If you need more, apply section by section gradually.

Popular Styling Products