July 28, 2014 | 2088 users online

Styling Products - Aveda - Purefume Brilliant Humectant Pomade

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2006 11:28:00 AM More reviews by Lgrieco

This didn't moisturize my hair. My hair is coarse and chemically relaxed. I use this when I wear my hair in a ponytail. It does a great job of controlling flyaways. But I can't use this as a daily pomade because my hair doesn't absorb it and it starts to build up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2006 10:24:00 AM More reviews by Lyrics

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

It doesn't moisturize, however, it gives me good curl definition, smells lovely and gives my hair a nice sheen. I usually use it with something else, something that actually moisturizes. And I only use a tiny bit of amount, because more will just make your hair greasy and probably promotoe product build-up. I have 4a curls.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2006 2:22:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I keep coming back to this product to control fly aways and smooth the surface of my hair when I wear my hair straight, which is most of the time. It does a much better job than silicone liquids or gels or pastes. I prefer this one to the anti-humectant pomade- that one is greasier and really weighs my hair down. This one is slightly oily and you cannot use too much, otherwise you will have greasy hair as well, but it's much lighter and easier to use. I only use the antihumectant pomade in conjunction with a flat iron. This one is good for every day use. The product lasts a long time and has a great smell. Worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2006 4:11:00 AM More reviews by mbellson

Works well to define curls when applied both wet and dry...FYI: I have curly/coarse hair that stays curly if I leave it alone (wavy frizz if I flip and play w/ it) Good product, but as mentioned earlier- apply with fingertips to frizz-prone layers. A heavy hand will leave you with hair that doesn't move!!(very waxy finish for a gel)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2005 4:22:00 PM More reviews by DKER

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I always keep a jar of this around for days I need to add some volume into my hair, or soften the 'crunch' effect of a gel I've tried that dries too hard. Unlike many other volumizing products, this does not require a blowdryer to get that volume. My hair just get bigger as it air dries, and it stays that way all day. It is a unique, 1 of a kind product that they are charging an OUTRAGEOUS amount for. But it does last a long time, and the smell is great. This is not a stand alone product though...it has to be used with something else (usually gel for me) or it will frizz you up.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2005 3:44:00 AM More reviews by Stardrift

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like everyone else I like the blue glass jar.I also like the strong aveda smell and the whole idea of this product.It has wonderful glossy shine to it and looks great when first applied but unfortunately the gloss doesnt last and it doesnt seem to be able to do much for my very temperamental coarse thick hair especially in the days when I used to blow dry/flat iron it straight.So it gathered dust in a corner.Now that I wear my hair curly,I may just try it like other MUAers here in conjunction with another conditioner.Who knows it just might work.Maybe i was using too much of it as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2005 12:20:00 PM More reviews by fishnet

This is my HG. I have very thick, wavy hair which tends to get frizzy. I use Redken anti-snap leave-in conditioner, and Aveda be curly and this on wet hair. The first two products define my waves, but without this wonderful pomade, my hair would be huge! It really helps to make my curls stay and gives lots of shine to them. Warning: don't use too much, otherwise your hair will look greasy and weighed down. Take a small amount and rub between your palms, then work it out on your hair, so a chunk of pomade won't stick on a part of your hair. If you need more, apply section by section gradually.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2005 5:52:00 PM More reviews by MargaretD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the smell of Aveda's Brillant line. The Humectant pomade really holds and defines my curls. I apply it to damp hair. Just a small amount works wonders. The jar isn't very big for the price but since not a lot is needed it will last months. I have naturally curly, dry hair and Humectant Pomade is one of my favorite products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2005 10:36:00 AM More reviews by STACEYFFF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I really cannot say enough good things about this pomade. This was one of the first high-end styling products I tried. I loved it for my dry curls and unusual scent.

Twenty-some years, and hundreds of products later, I repurchased and was astounded by this products superiority. I can't believe that I had forgotten!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2005 2:47:00 PM More reviews by Blondie1017

Great to use on curly styles to KEEP them curly. I have been using this for years to add moisture to the hair and make hair curly and luscious. Would for sure by again!