NYX Ultra Pearl Mania - Nude Pearl

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/17/2009 9:32:00 PM

The packaging is terrible, but I just dumped it into an old altoids tin and I was good to go.

I LOVE this as a highlight. It's a great champagne, gold-ish color that looks great highlighting anywhere (and everywhere) with any makeup look.
What's so great about this is that it's a very finely milled powder that can be added to other makeup products for a shimmer, without really changing the color of the products. I like adding a dash to my moisturizer for a light glow that doesn't look overtly glittery.

on 2/25/2009 5:33:00 PM

This is a perfect highlighting color. Nude is a shimmery champagne color. When I don't want full-on eye makeup, I just swipe this on to brighten my eyes. NYX pearl shadows are great for the price. They go on silky smooth. I wear them with UDPP for a lasting effect. I received my first three in a swap, but I purchased one other color on ebay with free shipping. SWEET!

on 2/8/2009 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This is my favor highlighter color. Also looks really good applied wet to your lower lash. Great product.

on 10/28/2008 6:41:00 PM

Gorgeous shimmer colour.

I use it on my inner corners, and as a highlight.

Only qualm with it is the jar it comes in. Hard to get the product out....

This is one of my new favorite shadows. It goes on so silky smooth and is super-easy to blend. It has a nice shimmer without being glittery and crusty and it's not too "immature" looking for me to wear it to the office. I often pair it with Mink from the same set.
I purchased the entire set of 24 of these Ultra Pearl Mania shadows for a about $25 on eBay. There are a few colors I don't imagine I'll get much use from, but the price was unbeatable. My only problem with these are that the bottles are a bit hard to use with my typical shadow brush because the necks are so narrow, but I'm planning to transfer them to another container (someone suggested a case from the craft store intended for beads).

At $0.99 USD, this was worth getting. I'm not sure how I'd feel about it if it had been more than that. When they say nude, they're not kidding -- I have warm-toned NW15/NW20 skin and this makes me look like I put clear lip gloss on my eyelids. For that purpose I guess it's fantastic. I actually do have an eyeshadow brush that fits in the little bottle, but it's still a pain in the ass and still tends to spill. I might have to move it to some other container.

on 1/11/2008 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

These little jars of pigment are such a steal at 99 cents online, are smooth to apply, and glide on with a creamy texture that IMHO, seems better than MAC pigments! Anyway, I picked up a dozen of these colors and this one is actually one I can see using up and repurchasing at some point. This is a versatile shimmery champagne ivory that is perfect as a highlight or all-over wash. I really like layering this over MAC Bare Study paint pot (concentrating on the lid) as a wash. A little black eyeliner, lots of mascara, and a little red lipstick - you're good to go with a classic and glamorous look in just a few minutes. For a buck apiece, it's really hard to go wrong with these, even when you get a color you're not so crazy about. (If nothing else, you can chuck it into your halloween makeup kit and not feel too bad about wasting money)

on 10/17/2007 3:02:00 PM

This is a great highlighter. Its a pale shimmery nude, as shown in the photo above. I use it as a base for browns and golds. Beautiful shimmer. The bottle is tiny, and you can't get a brush inside the opening, but you don't even need to. I just use whats inside the lid, and the little bit that sticks to the outside of the opening.

The shadow is really fine, and goes on easy. A little bit goes a long way. I bought all 24 colors on ebay, and this is one of the first of them I've tried. I'm really please and excited to try the other colors.

on 10/16/2007 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Beautiful color, great texture, inexpensive price. A winner overall!

on 5/7/2007 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

DDD NW45 or HIP818.....Let me start my saying I love NYX Ultra Pearl Mania pigments. Highly pigmented, finely milled, beautiful shimmer finish, & smooth texture. Stays put over Lumene e/s base and MAC 'Sublime Nature' Paint. For only $2. Nude is a deep beige/champagne shimmer pigment. This color in e/s would never work on me. That's the wonderful thing about pigments. More pigment. Less frost(mica). So easy to control intensity of color too. The packaging could be better. Put mine in a 10g shaker jar.I usually wear Nude UPM on the lids, inner corner, and under brow. Very pretty combined with a darker brown, deep charcoal, navy, wine, or purple. FOTD: MAC 'Format' blush on cheeks and eyes(crease to brow), NYX 'Nude' UPM on lids and highlight brow, Interface 'Peaches' lip lacquer, Prestige waterproof l/l in, Prestige black kohl liner 60's Dreamgirl style (winged out at the side), & lots of mascara. continued >>