L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

I heard so many good reviews about this and many of my friends use this too. It looks great on them! I was really excited to try it and the shade Rose Porcelain matched perfectly. However, it broke me out very badly :( clogged pores all over.
Im from Asia and over here, the bottle is sold with a pump which is wonderful. it's kind of runny and can be messy to apply. but its very buildable so coverage is okay
sad that it didn't work out for me!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love the range of shades. I used to wear Porcelain. It used to be a great,creamy liquid foundation that had buildable coverage, satin finish, and lasted a reasonable amount of time.

Then...they added sunscreen and reformulated. shade range is still great, but it just goes on chalky. I genuinely hate the feel of it on my face. Clings to dry patches,and it doesn't apply evenly.

I wish they hadn't messed with a good thing. Or maybe this was just a better formula for oily skin.

I have super, super pale skin and this is one of the only drugstore foundations I can use, so this is a major must-have in my makeup bag. Doesn't look orange on my face and is extremely blendable and buildable.

The finish is very matte - but if add a drop of coconut oil to it, it is a little dewy.
I have severe acne and I don't need concealer when I use this foundation. I put a little on my hand, do one overall layer, then go back and get the more pinker spots again.

At the end of the day it is a little oily. If you over-layer it, it becomes cakey. However they have a wide range of shades for a good price and I can't find anything else light enough.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This is a review of the new formula, I've never tried the old one so I can't compare.
I'm Chinese and I've got a yellow undertone. I don't have serious skin problems, but I always have some pimples I want to hide.
When I buy foundation I look for a natural looking formula and a good coverage and lasts until I get home from school.
I really wanted to love this foundation, but I just couldn't. There are several reasons for wich I don't like this product, one of them is that it's not yellow enough for me, but that could've been accept if it lasted, after 5 hours (when I finish school) there is nothing left on my face, I've tried using a primer and I always set my makeup with powder, but nothing can make this foundation last until I get home. I bought w3 golden beige. The formula is quite nice and it blends nicely and it has a wonderful finish, pity it doesn't last.
I'm going to finish the bottle, but I won't buy it again if I don't manage to find a way to make it last.
I think that 18 € is far too much for this foundation, fortunately I bought it on sales for only 10€
Ps. This happened shortly after I wrote the original review:
I used this on a sunny day and when the sun was shining on my face I looked like Edward Cullen in twilight, a horrible effect, I didn't notice it until a friend of mine looked at me and asked what product I was wearing and told me I sparkled. I was horrified, but I'm still going to finish it, in this time of the year it isn't too sunny

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I'm personally not a fan of this foundation as I like a medium to full coverage and matte finish. This foundation is the complete opposite.
It has a relatively low coverage (due to the very watery consistency), however with an extra layer it can be built up to a medium coverage.
It has a dewy finish, so if you like a matte finish to your skin stay away! For that reason, perhaps this foundation would be best if you have dry to normal skin rather than oily.
The colour match wasn't great either. I'm usually a nc30 in mac and using the website 'findation.com' I decided the colour W4 would be the best match. How very wrong I was! The colour is incredibly orange on me.
That being said; the positives are that it does look quite natural, and if you want a dewy looking, low coverage foundation this would be a good option.

As a side note, I find this to be very similar to the MAC Face and Body Foundation, perhaps if you're on a budget and looking for a dupe this would be good!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I didn't like it a few years ago, and I've rediscovered why.

I love this stuff when it's on, and after a couple of hours all is good. It truly is a perfect match and gives me gorgeous uniform skin. I use 1N, and it's the ONLY foundation that suits my (almost white) skin tone at a price point that I can afford.

After 3+ hours of wear it just kind of starts... doing this weird combination of evaporating and melting off. My extremely dry face looks oily (?!), and it's like the foundation just says 'Nope!' to sticking to my dry patches and areas where I really need the coverage. Like it actually looks like it's being repelled! I'm left looking spotty and oily, even worse than with no makeup. How this is even possible when my skin is so dry is beyond me.

Don't be taken in by the hype and promises of a 'reformulated' version, if the original did not suit you.

Edit: I've amended my review to bump the rating a bit. The color match is worth the inconvenience of the oil problem, and I've found that if I use a good setting powder, it can wear for a couple of hours without needing blotting and a touch-up. Weird to have to use powder and blot for the first time in my life (while skin dryness remains very visible) but it is what it is.

What to like: affordable price, buildable coverage, good consistency (not too runny)
What NOT to like: no pump!

I got mine in buff beige (N4) because my online store ran out of my usual W4 (natural beige). I am an NC 35.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I use this product differently than most people, but I think it is worth noting. I don't like this product or ever use it by itself. However, I have multiple shades of this and LOVE it for mixing with other foundations. I always keep a shade lighter than I am, and a shade darker, on hand. It mixes so well with other foundations to provide the perfect shade you need. A lot of times i'll get home and the drugstore foundation I just bought isn't the right color, but all I have to do is mix it with some True Match and i'm good to go. I also use it to thin out really heavy foundations, since it is a pretty watery consistency.

So far for me no other drug store foundation compares to this 💖👍

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This foundation matched my skin perfectly and has a nice, natural finish. It's a light coverage (for me at least, since I have acne), but I can build it up to medium coverage. It felt lightweight and lasted all day pretty well for me.