November 25, 2014 | 1866 users online

Conditioner - LUSH - Retread

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2012 10:12:00 PM More reviews by Mellieb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I hated Retread. I have dry/damaged/thick/frizzy hair and found it really didn't do much for me. I was still left with dry/frizzy hair after use. I'm no stranger to organic/sls & paraben free hair care so I know to expect that it will not give the same slip. Retread leaves my hair a mess that is difficult to detangle. It just did not work for my hair and I would not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by stream27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I tried a couple of the bar conditioners and just couldn't get them to work for me (though the bar shampoos I had no trouble with). I was talking to a Lush girl in the store one day about what non-bar conditioners she would recommend and this came up.

I have naturally medium-blond hair with natural red undertones. A year or so ago, I decided I wanted to go dark with a very dark brown dye, later adding purple to the bottom layers. After a few months, I was getting irritated with having to re-dye the roots every couple weeks (my natural colour is so much lighter, it was REALLY obvious when even the smallest amount of growth would come in), and decided to go back to my lighter colour.

Silly me, I decide "I can do this myself." A couple strippers and a bleach job later (and lots of toning and new growth), my hair is starting to get back to it's natural colour. However, all the chemicals had not been kind to my hair. There was a lot of breakage and frizz, and it was more flat than it had ever been.

After telling the girl all this, she recommended trying out a tub of Retread. I was kind of skeptical, so I bought the smallest option the store carried.

The first time I used it, I was surprised it didn't make my hair feel as "slick" as a normal conditioner. Remembering what the girl had said about it containing a bunch of yogurt, I figured I would wait to judge until my hair was dried normally.

Very impressed. After just one use, my hair was softer, shinier and much less frizzy. The only downside I found to this is that it doesn't seem to last. For me, when I stopped using it for maintenance once a week, my hair started to revert back to it's old ways.

One thing to add is that it won't feel like normal conditioner in your hair (restoring and building protein for healthy hair is the main goal of this product), so you may actually be using too much to make it "feel" like you have product in your hair. You won't even feel much of a difference when you wash it out, but once it starts to dry, you start to see what it does for you.

I might try this again, but for the price, I will keep looking for something that gives more permanent results.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2012 7:54:00 PM More reviews by Missapoo2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Even though i find it pretty expensive, i would repurchase it. I bought this about 1 month ago and im already half through it, using it daily (or everytime i wash my hair) I love how it makes my hair shinier, softer and frizz free. When you first put it in your hands it seems thick but when spread on your hair it feels light weight which i love, but can sometimes trick me into using more than i need. I use about a half a palm for my long curly/wavy hair. Doesnt seem to build up on my hair! however, i usually use very thick conditioners and they dont build up or make my hair oily. The smell grew on me, but now i love it!
PROS
moisturizing
healing
defrizzer
thick

CONS
pricey
need to use a lot

I would suggest this for anyone who has damaged or curly hair for a daily use, and once or twice a week for normal to fine hair

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Kiabiah

- Like almost any other Lush product it's rather pricey, but my black tub almost lasted 6 months with once a week usage ( I switch)
- Packaging is OK; typical Lush black tub
- I thought the smell to be quite nice, not overpowering so. A fruity / smokey mellon-y scent.
- This is a quite heavy duty conditioner, so don't use too much! Otherwise you'll end up with a sticky/waxy feeling. I mostly liked this conditioner and will repurchase but will alternate with another because this conditioner is prone to build up.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2012 11:21:00 PM More reviews by Xiaored

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have dry hair that has crazy damage. This product helped to restore the moisture back to my hair. I used it for one week and then went to see my hair dresser. She could not believe the difference. We have tried everything and spent all of my money. This product is not as expensive as some but it is not cheap. It does not feel heavy, but does build up. I used this as a daily conditioner leaving it on as long as possible. I think everyday might be too much, maybe every other wash. I will be buying this again for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2012 9:22:00 AM More reviews by AnarkoBat

I have bleached my hair several times, and my hair was in really bad condition until I used this one as a hairmask. My hair gets a better look and is not as dead and on it's way to fall apart, just like after the last time I bleached my hair. A total saviour för bleached hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2012 12:41:00 AM More reviews by Blossom79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have very damaged hair and this leaves it managable and shiney. It doesn't actually feel any more moisturised than just a normal conditioner though. I don't really notice the smell of this one, I certainly don't mind it unpleasant.
It is great for helping to wash out henna!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2012 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Nicola92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I only recieved a sample of this, but I liked to thick consistency as it felt like it would benefit my hair. However I really disliked the smell and didn't feel that it was norishing enough to counteract the harsh cleansing effect of Rehab (and atleast that one smelt good!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2012 7:05:00 AM More reviews by puppilvnj

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Smells like cigarette butts! I didn't like the smell at first, but I have to admit I am getting used to it. The payoff of this smelly conditioner is that it leaves my fine, curly hair frizz free and manageably soft. I admit it is a little pricey but the stuff works! I think I will be repurchasing this because my hair looks awesome.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2012 1:58:00 PM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

GROSS! It is a decent conditioner on my dry hair, but the scent smells like rotten yogurt to me. I could not bear to purchase another pot. I have stopped using Lush hair products (I use Wen now).