Philosophy Resurface Kit - The Microdelivery In-Home Vitamin C Peptide Peel

4.3

The Microdelivery Peel: Bicarbonate Vitamin C Crystals: PEG-6, Sodium Bicarbonate, Oleth-20, Glyceryl Stearate (SE), Silica, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Beta Carotene, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate. Rapid Activation Gel: Water (Aqua), Lactic Acid, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Linoleamidopropyl Pg-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 10, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. 5/30/09

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product is amazing! Especially in the colder months when you skin gets a little flaky icky from the dry weather. I swear by this at home resurface kit and use it weekly! I have re-purchased several times and will continue to.. please don't discontinue this, Philosophy! haha.. anyway let's get to the review..

This kit offers what is nearly a peel or facial at home. It sloughs off dead skin and leaves you (or me anyway!) with a fresh clean slate. After using this I feel no dryness, and my skin isn't really tight as it sometimes is after a facial. There is no after the fact peeling, etc. it is just fresh, clean, and bright. I really notice a difference in skin brightness after using this.. I look almost glowy for a day or so. I try to use this once a week, sometimes go every other week.. and a kit lasts approx. 3 months if using every week. Def. worth the $75 .. as that is what ONE facial costs, anyway.

If you are on the fence.. just spring for it, buy it, you will not regret it!

on 2/22/2013 11:31:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

My skin gets irritated & red fairly easy, so I was a bit nervous. I spread the crystals & watched for signs of aggression from my skin... added the liquid & gently spread it around my face in small circles & waited 3 minutes. I used a washcloth to help remove, but only pressed water into the skin, no rubbing & then splashed face with cool water to fully remove. My face was a bit red in a few spots, I used my HG Serum (Clarins Double Serum) and topped with Clinique's DDML to ward off any possible to reassure my skin that trauma portion of the night was over. I showed my Husband and he said "WOW!" He couldn't get over how soft it feels. I've only used once, can't wait to see my skin with my continued use. I am not a fan of the packaging, having to dip a utensil into the crystals and I question both products shelf life & stability--which is another reason why I plan on using it until its gone--besides to update my review.

on 1/25/2013 9:20:00 PM

This is a amazing peel. After you perform the 2 step process, your face feels softer than you can ever believe was possible. It also gives you a gorgeous glow. I use this peel every Friday night to look great for the weekends and I actually look forward to Friday evenings in order to indulge in this peel!

on 10/26/2012 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is god sent. Cursed with oily skin and large pores, this product really helps to even out and brighten my complexion so that it is not as bumpy as usual.

I've seen one of the reviews here that mentioned to use the activating serum first to exfoliate before neutralizing it with the scrub. It works beautifully and i had been doing it that way ever since.

I use it once every 2 weeks and in 3 months i saw a really big difference. Even my scars from acne before seems less visible. My skin became really soft and smooth.HG for me. The only downside is that it is really pricey. Cost 109SGD here in Singapore, and hence i minus 1 lippie.

Otherwise, this product is great! Although the crazy price point, Im getting another set as soon as im done with this one!

on 10/10/2012 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Holy moly how have I not reviewed this yet? I love this stuff! But (and a very emphatic BUT) I do not follow the directions when I use this. Let me preface this by saying that my skin is pretty tough and accustomed to being assaulted with salicylic acid and BPO, so my way of using this may not be for you. Anyway....here goes: as written, the instructions tell you to apply the scrubby part first, then the liquid "activator." IMO (having taken lots of university chemistry, both organic and inorganic) this is bunk--basically you would be applying a baking soda based scrub, then putting the acidic part of the solution on top of it. Bases like baking soda react with acid to make WATER plus mineral salts, and the whole thing would be nearly completely ineffective for any sort of chemical exfoliation. Think about it...we use salicylic acid, glycolic acid, etc. and use those to exfoliate, and here we are neutralizing the acid (that is what makes it foam) in this product before it can really do its job. The exfoliation you experience by using it this way is therefore pretty much purely physical exfoliation from the granules of baking soda in the scrub component of the kit. So with this in mind, I apply the "activator" solution first to my clean, damp, makeup-free skin, massage it in well, and let it sit for about a minute. After that I apply a gob of the scrub/crystals and massage that liberally all over my face, wetting my fingertips with a few drops of water as needed to make the mixture slide around more easily on my skin. This gives the acids ample time to work and eat away at the dead bits of my stratum corneum, whereafter I follow up with the physical exfoliation from the crystals to both neutralize the acid and slough off all the stuff that was just broken down by the acid. After I am satisfied with my scrubbing job I rinse thoroughly with tepid water, pat dry, and apply my moisturizer of choice. I am always amazed at how silky-smooth and soft my skin is afterward, especially if I haven't done this in a while. Feels like silk! If I weren't single I would prance out of the bathroom and make my boyfriend pet my face every time I used this (perhaps that is why I am still single?? hmmm). It is that good...just not when used as directed.

on 9/10/2012 7:15:00 AM

I'm starting to think my skin is an idealistic hipster who despises anything mainstream. I was sooo excited to try this after reading its amazing reviews, bought it online from the US, waiting for weeks to receive it, not to mention the shipping fee which cost me almost as insane as the price, thank god didn't buy the 2oz. As almost every products containing salicylic acid/lactic acid that I've tried, they either don't work the slightest bit, or aggravate my skin even more. I'm not sure whether it's the vitamin c/peptide peel (which smells grreat) or the activation serum that my skin hates, or maybe both, but it broke me out, everytime. I wanted to like this but just couldn't. I was thinking about getting the Olay dupe, but since it's very similar (the Olay one only contains lactic acid though) I'm thinking maybe no.

on 9/4/2012 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Wow! I really wanted to try this after reading the reviews here but hesitated at the price (75 euro). I decided to go for it and I'm so glad I did. After three weeks of using it every second day my skin has never looked better. It takes about five minutes in total, very easy to use and you can see the benefits immediately. I also have rosacea and this hasn't irritated my skin at all. Will definitely repurchase!

on 8/22/2012 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I love this peel. Although it's rather expenisve, this has lasted me through months (with about 2 uses per month) and it's the only thing that has helped with dark and stubborn post acne spots. Not only that, combined with other products in the Philosophy line (Purity and the Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash) my skin has improved so much. I now get complimented on how clear and glowing it looks. So more than this product, I highly recommend the Philosophy Skin Care line.

on 7/25/2012 11:14:00 AM

This is a godsend.

I have combo oily skin, a lot of deep pores / oil activity around my nose, dry patches on my chin and the high points on my cheeks.

This helps even out my whole complexion to one standard surface. I rub it gently around my nose and just a teensy bit on my dry flaky bits, and let it sit. Then after 15 - 20 minutes, I put on the activating serum, rub the same areas in a bit more, wait 5 minutes and towel it off with a damp wash cloth. I use it once every second weekend.

I absolutely glow after using this. It looks like you slept all day and have baby skin; absolutely lovely. I used to need a seasonal facial mid-summer but I haven't had the urge since I've been using this. HG for me.

I know it's pricey but I'm totally rebuying once I'm done the set.

on 5/17/2012 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I received this product as a sample in store (a sachet of the VitC crystals and a sachet of the activation serum) as the Philosophy counter had just opened in my local department store.

I tried this out last night, unsure of what to expect as my skin in quite sensitive and prone to cystic acne around my chin. The vitaminC crystals smell amazing and really boosted my mood, but upon application of the serum the warmth was quite extreme and I very nearly gave up and washed the product off early, boy am I glad I didn't! My skin is baby soft, my acne scars are slightly reduced (I'm sure this effect would continue with more usage) and I definitely have a bit of a glow about me today! The reason this product gets 4 lippies from me is because of the price and also the fact that I had to moisturise twice, an hour apart, after using as my skin felt a little tight (it is absolutely fine this morning).

I REALLY wish this product was cheaper as it is completely out with my price range, I will definitely be looking for offers!!!

Popular Treatments (Face)