July 28, 2014 | 2054 users online

Pressed Powders - Napoleon Perdis - Camera Finish

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2009 8:31:00 AM More reviews by caydensmama

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this as a light-coverage powder foundation. I got in in Look 3 which is sort of grey-ish looking in the pan, but it is meant to help eliminate redness. It looks perfect on- sheer coverage but enough to make my skin look fantastic without looking like I have makeup on. I'm very pleased with this product! For reference, I am about an NC20-25 right now. In the winter, though I will likley switch to Look 1.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2009 4:30:00 AM More reviews by Murphya

i love this powder. its really great for people who dont need alot of coverage. its light and keeps me shine free throughout the entire day. ALSO its the only powder that doesnt make me break out!
the only downside is the price and the NP packaging. The lables ALWAYS rub off so i dont know wht the hell im using. but overall, really good product and i would buy it again...if i could afford it -_-

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2009 11:48:00 PM More reviews by mamamanda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great. I really like how it doesnt look cakey but it still keeps my skin grease-free throughout the day. Good for combination skin. The only downside is the packaging. The clip to close it broke on mine just after i bought it so now I have to place an elastic around it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2009 3:40:00 AM More reviews by emskas

My HG powder!

I love this, I've used so many different powder foundations; Dior, Chanel, MAC, Clinque.. None of them even came close to the perfection that is Napoleon Camera Finish!

This doesn't cake around my oily areas (t-zone) it doesn't settle into my pores, it doesn't look heavy and I only need to retouch once or twice a day, with every other product I've had to retouch once an hour.

I use this over skinflash dior foundation, so I use it more as a setting powder than just foundation by itself.

It's great, I definitely recommend

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2009 11:18:00 PM More reviews by cadenceq

This is awful! It feels like a drugstore powder, for triple the price.

It doesn't give a "camera finish"......I model, I know what a "camera finish" is, and this isn't it.

It rubs off within two hours, and clumps into the natural contours of your face looking odd (it gathers in eye sockets, cupid's bow etc).

I bought it because I thought it would have the "camera finish" so I could wear it every day and not worry about bad photos of me being taken. Wrong! So wrong! It contains these horrible illuminating pigments which are of such pore quality they serve only to emphasize flaws, not cover or detract from them. You look like a glittery disco ball in photos.

If you want a "camera finish" I suggest using an actual photographically-designed brand, like Evolve, who make make-up primarily for editorial make-up artists (and it doesn't cost near as mush as this cr@p).

It breaks and crumbles in the case, and doesn't last. Mine went, (thankfully) within 2 months, and I was only using this for "basic" make-up (like to put on before doing the groceries, or at home) because I don't like waste.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2009 4:04:00 PM More reviews by olelala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Excellent product, great finish and sets like a dream, will definitely repurchase - but I accidentally ordered Look 3 instead of Look 4 and it is quite pricey. Oh dear! Anybody want to swap? =(

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2009 1:22:00 AM More reviews by christiibistii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I loved this product when I first got it as a present.
It gives you that flawless look and covers quite well, although during the day if you need to reapply it can appear cakey in the T-zone. Especially around the cheek area, next to the nose because the oil seems to make the powder look funny and if you try to apply more to reduce shine or even it out it can look worse and leave a patchy look in oily spots. Besides that it is a good product, probably more for those with less oily skin who just need a bit of evening out or a boost. I would probably reserve it for winter months when skin is less oily and the sun is less hot.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2008 More reviews by wontonwendy

im asian so i got the look 4
ive only used it once and I AM IMPRESSED :D
i dont use the sponge either.. i use a large powder brush
its a very very fine powder and i use it to set my foundation
it doesnt look cakey or anything and it makes me look like glowier... :S
love it love it love it
i got it for 44 AUS bucks! :D cos it was 20% off NP on boxing day
wheeeeeeeee!
only sad thing is the packaging seems flimsy and ugly to me..
but whatevs
will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2008 4:27:00 AM More reviews by emysiu

This is by far the best powder I've ever put onto my face. It is the first one I've used that doesn't make my face look dry, cakey, or break out. That said, I truly believe that this is a great powder for anyone who "gave up" on powders, like me. I use Look 4 over my Skin Food Aloe BB cream #2. I spray some rose water over this to set it and my skin just looks wonderful for the whole day. With this combo, it's difficult to tell that I actually have some clogged pores, redness, and pimples popping out. My skin has not reacted terribly to this powder. I did notice a few more pimples for the first few days of use, but that was something I was expecting. It's been tough to go a day without putting on the Camera Finish foundation because my skin just looks that much better with it! I think this is one product that is actually worth the splurge.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 12:35:00 AM More reviews by emmgill

This foundation is ok. It doesn't spread as well as some other pressed powder foundations, and tends to feel thick and not very silky smooth. has good coverage though and leaves skin looking quite natural. Might purchase again.

Update: I prefer this without the sponge application, I use a brush now and it looks so much better!!