September 17, 2014 | 1658 users online

Treatments (Face) - Vaseline - Vaseline

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by LadyClaudia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff is great! I use it on my lashes, brows, lips, and any really dry spots. It's really moisturizing, and it makes for a great clear mascara/brow gel. It keeps the hairs in place. If you can't wear makeup, then just put a little Vaseline on your lashes, brows, and lips. My lips are really moisturized after using it, and I can use it to tone down lipstick. I just apply Vaseline, apply a little lipstick, and sometimes apply clear lip gloss. It looks like I'm wearing tinted lip balm, or a pigmented lip gloss. I can turn any lipstick into lip gloss! Great multi-use product! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2012 10:50:00 AM More reviews by MorganAiden

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

Rumor has it that petroleum jelly is bad for you? Please tell me that's not true! I have very dry skin and I use this right after I shower while my skin is still very damp. My skin remains so moisturized and baby soft. Nothing compares to Vaseline. I have since switched to organic shea butter which also works well. But, I find that it sits on the surface of my skin. I prefer the Vaseline. One lippie off for questionable toxicity.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2012 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Precila101

i'm on my second tub of this stuff and it's my Holy Grail!! i apply this onto my lashes and it makes them more darker and fuller. in fact, it even helps make my lashes longer when it's applied after surma. vaseline also hydrates my lips and gives it a shinier and softer look rather than applying lip gloss, which can suck moisture out of my lips. Super embarrasing, especially at school or any other public place! but it's the best thing ever created. the lotion is great, unfortunately i can't use it on my body. i suffer terrible reactions to it. it's suitable for my feet though both lotion and the jelly. i hope vaseline is still around during my generation and grandkids generation. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Smilygirl008

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't know if it makes me break out because I am still going through puberty. But It makes my eyelashes thicker and longer. It makes my hair softer because I have Kninky Hair. It also gets out makeup and makes my lips softer. Instead of this for moisterizer I would use olive oil because it doesnt break me out. I give this a four because if you put it on a pimple it gets rid of the color. Put on toothpaste first then put vaseline or olive oil on to soften it then sleep and put concealer on POOF GONE!!!!!
DIRT CHEAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by makeupman05

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

broke out skin oilier and dull skin nuff said not worth it

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 4:49:00 AM More reviews by wmhfnrzu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Fantastic stuff - put it anywhere and it will heal/soften/hydrate. If you gave it a chance it could probably bring dead plants back to life. And all for less than $5 for a medium pot. I've never touched chapsticks/lipbalms and when I do, I regret it, and go back to good old Vasey (we're tight like that.)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Parpar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I tried this during the cold winter months on my face when it was dry, and parched. While it didn't exactly help with the feel or texture of my skin, it *looked* smoother and less red, but when I felt my cheeks (where the dryness was most apparent) it was still rough. While I don't think it contributed to helping my acne, it didn't make it worse after I used it. I think if/when I did break out it was because I used massive amounts of this stuff (after I exfoliated) and many nights of the week. I have since found oils mixed in with my regular moisturizer work much better to moisturize than Vaseline did. I do however see how this could be good with someone for dryer skin and maybe more mature skin, looking to seal in moisture.
I have used it on my neck/decolletage as well and while it felt great, it still contributed to some ugly pimples there. -_-
I still do use it regularly on my lips, especially after exfoliation, which I do nightly to take off my lipstick. I find that olive oil or other lip balms don't give enough moisture to my lips. I've put this on my feet at night alone with socks, and while it left helped a little bit, the softness was gone by mid-day. Yesterday I tried oil mixed in with Eucerin's cream (which is mostly petroleum) and my feet are still soft, 12 hours later! Eucerin is $25.00 Canadian for a tub, where as Vaseline is anywhere from $3-6 for a smaller but still big enough jar. I think I may try the Vaseline with oil tonight and see how it fares, because I'd rather be paying the price of Vaseline. I have also used it on the rest of my body, especially my legs after I apply my lotion, and it makes them sooo soft, and sooo supple. I can't stop touching them! It makes it easier if you apply lotion and spread this on top. For knees and elbows, it's good too! The thing is, if you sleep with Vaseline smeared to yourself, it feels a bit icky, so you have to live with that or let it dry a tad. Also you can use it for lube for the backside. ;P
I used this on my eyelashes last summer. Now I have long eyelashes in general so I don't think Vaseline actually make them grew any longer, but then again I wasn't doing it religiously. I remember using it in the day time and my friend thought I was crying because my eyelashes glistened haha. I think it also contributed to a stye because I didn't think of this as a product that needed to be washed off, like say, mascara (silly me). But I wouldn't put it on my eyelashes again, because the cons outweigh the *possible* pro's.
Also it helps overnight with those pesky eczema flare-ups on hands because of over-washing! Just gotta love Vaseline. :D

*Edit* I totally forgot one of the best things for Vaseline that I use everyday! I have thick eyebrows, and people always comment on them, now this can be attributed to threading but also to Vaseline. I use a little bit of Vaseline on a q-tip and apply it to my eyebrows. I have *seen* people buy brow gels for $20 :O, people you can use Vaseline! Seriously, it makes my brows look more defined, more arched, hence I look more awake and just have a defined face. I also find that if your powder/liquid foundation slides onto your eyebrows and makes them look weird (you know what I mean!) the Vaseline takes it off better then water! :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by laureliscool

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Though I still use Neutrogena's Moisturizer, this honestly works better on my face than any other moisturizer on the market. I wash my face with warm water, do my acne routine, then I put this on and go to bed. I wake up with uber soft skin and no breakouts or redness. If I had known I could just use Vaseline on my face for deep moisture, I would've stopped wasting my money on Neutrogena years ago. It's also great for feet and elbows. I've tried it on my eyelashes and I don't seem to see a difference in the growth, but I haven't done it that consistently.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2011 1:50:00 AM More reviews by emilyannh

I am officially a huge Vaseline fan. My skin has started getting red, dry, and terribly itchy with the weather getting cold. My lips are constantly chapped too. I had been using a mixture of either coffee grounds or brown sugar and olive oil in the shower to try to get some relief. It worked, but olive oil is a tad bit expensive and runs out quickly with me cooking with it AND bathing with it. Haha. Basically, I needed a cheaper alternative. I was browsing pinterest and someone posted a pin about all this awesome stuff you could do with Vaseline so I decided to try it. I was going to make a body scrub out of sea salt and Vaseline, but ran out of time. So towards the end of my shower I smeared a thin layer all over my body (minus my face) and when I got out I patted dry. I'll admit at first I felt a little greasy, but after a while it sank in. I have been doing this every day for the last few days and my skin has been feeling so smooth. I've started using it on my eyelashes at night too to see if what they say about it making your lashes grow is true. I'm also using it on my lips. It is definitely a beauty staple for me now.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2011 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Melavia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was never a vaseline girl as I always think the product is too oily. Then, I devided to buy a jar on a whim because it was on sale at my local drug store. I thought I could still use it on my elbows and knees if all else fail. So far, I have tried many uses with this with different results.

Face:
I have oily/combination skin that is quite acne-prone. I am highly cautious about what products to put on my face. I have not tried to spread it all over yet but i have had success with it when dabbing it around the dry areas around my mouth after applying a night cream. I read a review here about sealing eyecream with this and I am willing to give it a try. It makes sense since Vaseline basically seals off all the moiture to make sure your skin absorbs it all. I also coated my lashes with vaseline a few times. I feel it is a bit too heavy and messy for me and my vision tends to be blurry because of this.

Lips:
I have always used Kielh's No.1 lip balm. I noticed that the main ingredient is patrolium jelly. Although it works well during the most months of the year, it is not enough for the harsh winter here. Lately, I start to experiment with different oils. I would dab my lips with sweet almond oil at night and top it up with some Vaseline. My lips are baby soft the next morning.

Hands/Nails/Cuticles:
I tried to apply it around my cuticles a few times at night. The problem here is that it cannot seem to be absorbed by my hand at all so it is quite messy. Same thing happens in general when I apply it on my hands. Unless i can cover them with gloves, otherwise, everywhere I touch has vaseline there.

I believe this one jar can last me a very long time if not forever. It is great for elbows, heels and knees but can get messy everywhere else. Still, it is a must-have in anyone's bathroom cabinet as it is cheap and versatile.