Vaseline Vaseline

Price: $

White Petrolatum

on 7/23/2014 10:30:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have dry skin, especially during winter and I have been using Vaseline whenever my cheeks felt really dry and sore. However I struggled with really dry skin for the past few weeks and nothing worked. Normally my skin is just a little dry but in summer it's normal to oily, but this time my skin was completely dehydrated from too much sun exposure (even though I used SPF30)

My under eye area was so dry that whenever I smiled or laughed I started getting deep wrinkles. My normal skincare regime that has always worked for me didn't do anything and not even the Vaseline helped my skin, because it was so dry that it wasn't able to absorb the Vaseline and the product would just sit on my face.

I guess that this isn't a miracle product. It's just cheap petroleum jelly and if you want to do your skin a favour then spend a couple of bucks on something decent.

I got the Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Super Antioxidant Concentrate and within 2 weeks my skin was back to normal and it has actually improved my skin.

on 7/23/2014 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

First off, during winter/autumn this is an absolute MUST for me, I put it all over my face. It doesn't sting the most sensitive of skin, it has so many uses and gives an extra moisture protection boost to anything when I need it. There's a lot of rumours floating around on beauty blogs saying Vaseline is unsafe and doesn't let your skin breathe, NOT TRUE! Your skin does not breathe, therefore you don't suffocate while using this. In terms of pore clogging-'ness', I put it on my acne-prone areas and I don't get any additional break outs and it actually creates a protective moisture barrier which prevents further flaking and irritation in inflamed areas. Whether you break out to a product depends on your skin, everyone's different but lets say I think Vaseline is UNLIKELY to clog pores (for me).

on 6/1/2014 12:55:00 AM

Well....I thought Vaseline was good for you, apparently Jennifer Aniston swears by it (outside of all the wonderful spa and face treatments probably). However after reading that it can actually completely clog your pores with God knows what, I use it only as an emergency eye cream if I run out of mine. What it does is create the illusion that the skin is softer, but in fact it is doing more harm than good.

This is the best thing ever. It works for just about everything. If your baby has a diaper rash it works just as well as diaper creams. And it's a lot cheaper. It also works on chapped lips and if you have been blowing your nose a lot such as during cold and flu season it will help get rid of the dryness or stop it before it starts.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Coarse

I used to used this for years & years. I used it to remove all of my eye makeup or as a lip gloss. Generally, Vaseline BRAND is regarded as highly refined, non-carcinogenic and safe, but many other knock off brands are not. Please exercise caution. After I started realizing what it is made of and what I am smearing onto my body which is accepted into my pores and possibly my blood stream, I decided the possible toxins & downside were not worth the risk. it's a byproduct of the oil industry and therefore an unsustainable resource (read: not eco-friendly). Like the reviewer below, I too switched to extra virgin, unrefined coconut oil. It's pure, doesn't smell bad at all and I can also use it on my hair ends before bed to make them soft and help smooth dry ends. Coco butter is another viable alternative. Here is an interesting article with some good food for thought: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/21/vaseline-petroleum-jelly_n_4136226.html
Cheers!

on 5/9/2014 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I use it on my lips. I use it on very dry hands. I use it to help cuts heal quicker. I use it to reduce the pain of hangnails. I use it to remove eye makeup sometimes. I use it on cracked heels. It really is an essential product.

on 5/8/2014 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I use it as a lip balm and waterproof makeup remover, and I LOVE it. It's the best lip balm. Like the BEST.

I've tried regular old vaseline on my heels & lips and...ugh...the smell is AW-FULLL! But...guess what? Petroleum! It's a derivative of oil refining! We are subjected to enough toxins in our daily lives, why put more on your body on purpose? I use extra virgin, unrefined coconut oil instead and it's sooo much better. I love the smell (and the taste) and it works really well for so many things: makeup remover, hair mask, lotion, cooking oil, on toast instead of butter...and it's really good for you. Just say NO to petroleum products!

on 4/26/2014 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Good old Vaseline.

I have oily and acne-prone skin, so obviously I wouldn't dream of applying it apart from my eye lids or lips, cuts, etc. Personally I prefer to use oil-free creams and such because my skin can't take stuff that too heavy and rich. This stuff is a jack of all trades, you can use it on it's own or for example combine it with some sort of exfoliant to make a cheap, homade scrub for your face or lips!

*I have seen some other reviews suggesting diluting Vaseline with a bit of water for people with oily skin and I might try that though...*

on 4/15/2014 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

RELUCTANT TO APPLY THIS my face but

I apply it to my eyes and eyelashes, it's effective. I wake up with beautiful eye skin my bags softer or gone and eyes supple.

I apply brows and a little in my hair to soften.

Also on my hands and feet at night and skin. Makes everything much softer.

I sometimes mix this with My Body firming lotion and smooth onto stretch marks it works!!! Also use to massage thighs after a hard days work.

I love vaseline, because it keeps skin from prematurely cracking and drying.

Popular Treatments (Face)