November 22, 2014 | 1272 users online

Treatments (Face) - Vaseline - Vaseline

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 1:14:00 AM More reviews by xshado

I love vaseline, i have recently found so many uses for this thing!!
I use overnight on my eyelashes to make them grow longer and stronger!
I also use it on my eyelids because they're super dry, and around my eyes (i read somewhere that it can be used as an anti-wrinkle)
Around hairline to keep dye off
For lips after exfoliating
Dry skin
Dap a bit of eyeshadow into vaseline and make your own color eyeliner! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Vaseline is a miracle product and here is a list of how you can use it:

Beauty uses:
1) Dab a bit on split ends until you can get to the salon.
2) Spread some on your eye lashes before a brow wax to keep wax off.
3) Spread some on exposed skin during winter outdoor activities to keep your skin protected and warm. It's an NFL trick!
4) Spread some on dry, chapped lips then buff with a nubby washcloth or toothbrush to get rid of dryness.
5) Use it as a shoe polish to shine patent leather shoes.
6) Mix it with broken or cracked eye shadow to form a cream shadow and extend the life of your makeup.
7) Spread a thin layer around your hair line before dying your hair to prevent the color from getting on your skin.
8) Use it to tame unruly eyebrows between waxing or threading appointments.
9) Customize your own lip gloss by mixing it with a pinch of flavored Jello.
10) Stretch the time between manicures by rubbing a bit over cuticles and nails.
11) Put a coat on your feet and cover with socks before bed to soften.
12) Use it to soften elbows, knees or ankles.
13) Spread a thin layer before perfume to make your scent last longer.
14) Mix with brown sugar for a body scrub.
15) Use a dab as an eye makeup remover.
16) Apply to cheeks on top of blush for a dewy effect.
17) Use to help remove stuck rings.
18) Use as pomade for your hair in a pinch. 9) Rub a bit on the neck of new nail polish bottles to prevent the lids from sticking.
19) Use it to protect and heal a new tattoo.

Other uses:
1) Rub a bit on the edges of a freshly carved pumpkin to slow rotting.
2) Apply a bit over baby's eyebrows to keep soap out of the eyes while washing.
3) Rub a bit on the inside of candle holders so the wax won't stick.
4) Use to stop hinges from squeaking.
5) Rub some on your shower curtain bar to keep the rungs from getting stuck.
6) Apply a bit to windows, baseboards, etc to avoid splattered paint while painting.
7) Prevent chaffing by applying to areas that rub during sports.
8) Use as an inexpensive diaper cream.
9) Spread around the rim of a pet food bowl to keep ants out.
10) Apply to watermarks on wood, leave overnight and buff out.

37 out of 37 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2012 1:01:00 AM More reviews by nmhidi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

So many uses for vaseline.. use it on your hairline before dying your hair to avoid staining the skin. I like to use it as an over-night moisturizing treatment on rough skin. If my heels start to toughen up.. I slather a good amount of vaseline on my feet and put socks on before bed- literally OVER NIGHT my feet are smooth again. In the winter I rub a little on my cuticles when my hands get dry. And, then I have a cold and my nose becomes chapped from 10 boxes of tissues, this helps to soothe my skin.

Obviously vaseline is greasy, that is the only draw back. I typically only use it at night because of now greasy it is.. I need to shower it off in the morning after it has done its job.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by LadyClaudia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff is great! I use it on my lashes, brows, lips, and any really dry spots. It's really moisturizing, and it makes for a great clear mascara/brow gel. It keeps the hairs in place. If you can't wear makeup, then just put a little Vaseline on your lashes, brows, and lips. My lips are really moisturized after using it, and I can use it to tone down lipstick. I just apply Vaseline, apply a little lipstick, and sometimes apply clear lip gloss. It looks like I'm wearing tinted lip balm, or a pigmented lip gloss. I can turn any lipstick into lip gloss! Great multi-use product! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2012 10:50:00 AM More reviews by MorganAiden

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

Rumor has it that petroleum jelly is bad for you? Please tell me that's not true! I have very dry skin and I use this right after I shower while my skin is still very damp. My skin remains so moisturized and baby soft. Nothing compares to Vaseline. I have since switched to organic shea butter which also works well. But, I find that it sits on the surface of my skin. I prefer the Vaseline. One lippie off for questionable toxicity.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2012 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Precila101

i'm on my second tub of this stuff and it's my Holy Grail!! i apply this onto my lashes and it makes them more darker and fuller. in fact, it even helps make my lashes longer when it's applied after surma. vaseline also hydrates my lips and gives it a shinier and softer look rather than applying lip gloss, which can suck moisture out of my lips. Super embarrasing, especially at school or any other public place! but it's the best thing ever created. the lotion is great, unfortunately i can't use it on my body. i suffer terrible reactions to it. it's suitable for my feet though both lotion and the jelly. i hope vaseline is still around during my generation and grandkids generation. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Smilygirl008

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't know if it makes me break out because I am still going through puberty. But It makes my eyelashes thicker and longer. It makes my hair softer because I have Kninky Hair. It also gets out makeup and makes my lips softer. Instead of this for moisterizer I would use olive oil because it doesnt break me out. I give this a four because if you put it on a pimple it gets rid of the color. Put on toothpaste first then put vaseline or olive oil on to soften it then sleep and put concealer on POOF GONE!!!!!
DIRT CHEAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by makeupman05

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

broke out skin oilier and dull skin nuff said not worth it

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 4:49:00 AM More reviews by wmhfnrzu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Fantastic stuff - put it anywhere and it will heal/soften/hydrate. If you gave it a chance it could probably bring dead plants back to life. And all for less than $5 for a medium pot. I've never touched chapsticks/lipbalms and when I do, I regret it, and go back to good old Vasey (we're tight like that.)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Parpar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I tried this during the cold winter months on my face when it was dry, and parched. While it didn't exactly help with the feel or texture of my skin, it *looked* smoother and less red, but when I felt my cheeks (where the dryness was most apparent) it was still rough. While I don't think it contributed to helping my acne, it didn't make it worse after I used it. I think if/when I did break out it was because I used massive amounts of this stuff (after I exfoliated) and many nights of the week. I have since found oils mixed in with my regular moisturizer work much better to moisturize than Vaseline did. I do however see how this could be good with someone for dryer skin and maybe more mature skin, looking to seal in moisture.
I have used it on my neck/decolletage as well and while it felt great, it still contributed to some ugly pimples there. -_-
I still do use it regularly on my lips, especially after exfoliation, which I do nightly to take off my lipstick. I find that olive oil or other lip balms don't give enough moisture to my lips. I've put this on my feet at night alone with socks, and while it left helped a little bit, the softness was gone by mid-day. Yesterday I tried oil mixed in with Eucerin's cream (which is mostly petroleum) and my feet are still soft, 12 hours later! Eucerin is $25.00 Canadian for a tub, where as Vaseline is anywhere from $3-6 for a smaller but still big enough jar. I think I may try the Vaseline with oil tonight and see how it fares, because I'd rather be paying the price of Vaseline. I have also used it on the rest of my body, especially my legs after I apply my lotion, and it makes them sooo soft, and sooo supple. I can't stop touching them! It makes it easier if you apply lotion and spread this on top. For knees and elbows, it's good too! The thing is, if you sleep with Vaseline smeared to yourself, it feels a bit icky, so you have to live with that or let it dry a tad. Also you can use it for lube for the backside. ;P
I used this on my eyelashes last summer. Now I have long eyelashes in general so I don't think Vaseline actually make them grew any longer, but then again I wasn't doing it religiously. I remember using it in the day time and my friend thought I was crying because my eyelashes glistened haha. I think it also contributed to a stye because I didn't think of this as a product that needed to be washed off, like say, mascara (silly me). But I wouldn't put it on my eyelashes again, because the cons outweigh the *possible* pro's.
Also it helps overnight with those pesky eczema flare-ups on hands because of over-washing! Just gotta love Vaseline. :D

*Edit* I totally forgot one of the best things for Vaseline that I use everyday! I have thick eyebrows, and people always comment on them, now this can be attributed to threading but also to Vaseline. I use a little bit of Vaseline on a q-tip and apply it to my eyebrows. I have *seen* people buy brow gels for $20 :O, people you can use Vaseline! Seriously, it makes my brows look more defined, more arched, hence I look more awake and just have a defined face. I also find that if your powder/liquid foundation slides onto your eyebrows and makes them look weird (you know what I mean!) the Vaseline takes it off better then water! :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No