July 28, 2014 | 2173 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Gardenia

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2007 3:47:00 AM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Chanel Gardénia is a soft jasmine, green tea, dry vanilla, gentle scent that smells like a garden in early morning; that dewy smell that emanates just as the sun begins to warm the flowers. Gardénia is extremely feminine, clean, fresh, and even though it was launched originally in the 1920's, it's perfectly at home with Modern, Post-Modern, or any other classification of scent. It transcends fashion eras, philosophy, art, and time itself, as a hauntingly beautiful perfume that's perfect for every woman at any stage of her life. Exceptionally lovely.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2007 2:34:00 PM More reviews by CathyCC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a very pleasant scent for all ages. I love it because I can wear it for any occassion and feel good about it. The scent is fresh, floral at the same time elegant and sophisticated. Great for summer!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2007 6:58:00 AM More reviews by expat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought a generous decant of Chanel Gardenia a few weeks ago. When I first applied it, I immediately thought, "Oh yes, I definitely need to buy the full bottle of this scent! Beautiful soft gardenia with a hint of green!" About an hour later I sniffed my wrists and...NOTHING! It was gone! And by "gone" I don't mean the notes had morphed into the next stage ~ I mean there was NOTHING left! For the cost of this stuff, I sure would have expected it to hang around quite a bit longer. Maybe it's just me, but the more I try these high end "niche" perfumes (Serge Lutens, Jane Ormonde, the Chanel Rue de Cambon series, L'Artisan, Frederic Malle, etc.), the more surprised I am by how none of them have great staying power. Too bad...

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2007 1:15:00 AM More reviews by CashQueen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Both the EDT and the Parfum have terrible staying power, at least on me. The EDT only lasts around an hour and the Parfum 2 - 3 hours. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2007 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Miss_sensuelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful scent, elegant but soft and fresh. Yes exactly, as if you just plucked a gardenia and put it in your hair. A beautiful description by ruby tea roses.

This is truly a Chanel scent. The white pearl necklace of sophisticated perfumes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2007 10:37:00 AM More reviews by ruby_tea_roses

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Chanel Gardenia Parfum is beautiful! Smells like an actual fresh flower. You know how when you're outside and you stoop down and actually pick a flower from the ground and put it up to your nose ... you know that fresh, literally *alive* scent of the flower ... it's fragrance, it's soft and cool petals, it's pollen, sweet but not "perfumey" sweet, fresh and alive but not overly green. Sweet in a natural, vibrant, *living* flower way. This is how Chanel Gardenia smells to me. If I close my eyes and smell my wrist with Gardenia on, I see in my mind a fresh, living flower in a bouquet in a vase filled with cool water on my table. I don't smell artificial "perfume" or perfume-scented-chemicals like most other floral fragrances. What I smell in Chanel Gardenia is a fresh, living flower. Alive and vibrant and singing joyous songs of springtime blue skies. Very lovely! Expensive, but worth it!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2006 2:50:00 AM More reviews by 808muse

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A very feminine scent.. It surprised me because it lacked the heavy signature most Chanel fragrances have. A true gardenia comes out in the top notes and it has an impressive staying power for such an airy scent. The "airyness" is difficult to describe because you would normally expect "heady" in a gardenia scent. Not so here. A truly lovely experience for any woman of any age!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2006 1:31:00 PM More reviews by pblpbl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Quietly sophisticated, elegant, even a touch nostalgic. I love this exquisite blend of jasmine, green leaves and vanilla. It wears so well and its lightness makes it quite suitable for today's world despite the fact that it was created almost ninety years ago. A fragrant breeze from the past...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2006 9:07:00 PM More reviews by greenolive

this is the gardenia fragrance that i was looking for the past 15 years. my cousin recommended it to me. it is green, fresh, floral and ultra feminine. not cloying, but slightly heady, well balanced and gorgeous on the skin. i will be buying this one forever!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2006 10:34:00 AM More reviews by alice_alix

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an elegant creamy floral, easy to wear (easier than other Chanels). Gardenia, rose and jasmin. Very feminine.