July 31, 2014 | 1002 users online

Cleansers - Noxzema - Original Skin Cream

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by LilacShine9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This skin cleanser has been around for like 35+ years and was my grandma's favorite for a long time. Its probably ok for ppl with dry, normal skin. I tried it back in high school 10+ years ago & it just irritated & broke me out. No way would I ever use it again. These days there are much more advanced, gentle skin cleansers out there.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by jadyxo

Let's get something straight.. I've used the tub version and also the pump version. Ive got to say that the pump version is SO MUCH BETTER! They both have different ingredients! Although, i do find that the pump version leaves a thicker film and has more scent than the tub. Well, my mom bought me the tub so i guess i have to use that up before i purchase the pump again..

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by Sunnydelite62901

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Noxzema orginal. you need to use a makeup remover first if you wear makeup though, but this with a oil makeup remover and clinque turner in number 3 keeps my skin pretty clean and smooth, I use retin-A and when you are using retin-A it's a good idea to be gentle with your choice of cleaner, maybe if I didn't use Rentin-A and a Oil based makeup remover this alone may not be enough but be sure you also massage it inyour skin for a few minutes. it's a great classic :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by jdilan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I was younger my dad would make me wash my face with Noxema. I was such a tomboy and clueless about pretty much everything. My parents on the other hand had great skin especially my dad. His main secret was Noxema. Now years later, this product is my BFF. I have one at home and a small size at work so I can wash my face before school. It's so wonderful and refreshing. Especially if you're sunburned. My aunt and cousin also use this. And they also have great skin. It could be a gene thing but I'm sure Noxema has also contributed. I will buy this product for the rest of my life. No joke.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by TheLastOfUs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I originally got this, intending to get rid of some of my zits with it. But, it turns out that it doesn't get rid of any of my acne. I would've been pissed and just threw this away, had it not been so versatile.

While my zits weren't going away because of this, it makes my skin, which is oily but starting to dry out from other acne treatments, smooth and less oily looking. I also use it to remove my makeup. I used to get makeup remover, but now I think that Noxema and baby shampoo are better to remove my makeup with. It's also an amazing shaving cream, and it dramatically improves my psoriasis, better than the cream meant specifically for it that I own. It's amazing because I can use this for lots of things that I would've spent more money on without this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 1:50:00 PM More reviews by kar212

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am on my second tub of this & loving it. A few months prior to trying this I was putting all kinds of chemicals on my skin in attempt to unclog my pores (under the skin bumps that have a chance of growing into a pustule, usually having two-three-four active white heads & then popped up several cysts) I was so sick of the dryness, redness and breaks out from Mario badescu glycolic cleanser, acne free 10% BP cream (full of junk that will clog you), clean and clear cream washes, clearasil salicylic acid pads (horrid made me an oily monster). I have never broken out so badly in my life. To those of you dealing with congestion beneath the skin I think this regimen will really help you. It was the only thing that calmed my skin. I have not a single active breakout on my face hallelujah!!

I went to return the Mario cleanser at the nordstrom counter. The lady was surprised someone had sold me that. She told me to head to Walmart for this $4 cleansing cream. The ingredients scared me a bit but its done nothing but help my skin.

WHITE VINEGAR if you can get past the smell it is well worth it.

This is what cleared me up...
-Morning & Night-

-WHITE VINEGAR (go over face with a soaked cotton ball, getting a new ball every time it gets soiled, until all face make up is off). This softens the plugs (they will turn white-ish), almost reminds me of your fingers softened by the bath.
-NOXEMA while plugs are softened apply a generous layer of original cleansing cream, leave on for your shower (or steam face for 10 mins to open pores) After, remove with warm wash cloth. Dont srub the skin if some plugs still remain. It will take a week or so. You will see results.
-WHITE VINEGAR again, diluted this time to 3/4 vinegar, 1/4 water.
-ALOE. Aloe as a moisturizer will combat redness & irritation. As well as keep the skin soft & pores clear.
I use Lily of the Desert 99% aloe gel ( i would recommend a pure aloe gel from a health foods store)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2013 4:37:00 AM More reviews by makeupbreakup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin is breaking out badly at the moment and since this is one of the most reviewed products I decided to try it. A large tub of this cream sells for 3-4 dollars. The tub is huge!! It would probably last up to 5 months with regular use. I use this as a cleanser after I have taken off my makeup. When I wash it off it gives me this nice tingly feeling, which I like. However, it makes my face feel a little waxy afterwards (like the waxy film on a cucumber...). I tried it out for a week and a half and got giant cystic acne on my forehead and cheeks. I'd say if you have good skin with not a lot of acne go for this. Otherwise, stick to other products.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 1:42:00 AM More reviews by fromthepasttothefuture

I love this stuff. When I first started using it, my face was all blotchy red and uneven, not to mention the dirt in my pores. Within days of using Noxzema, my color problem cleared up as well as my acne was beginning to get better. I've now been using the same tub for about a month and I'm only halfway through it. I also found that Noxzema works wonders at getting rid of sunburns; just rub a little in and let it sit and within days the redness has nearly completely vanished.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 1:21:00 AM More reviews by thegirlwiththeredpurse

I have been using this cream for about two years now. It smells so good. So fresh and clean. I use it as a face mask before bed. What I do is remove my makeup using a washcloth, apply a very thick layer of this all over my skin and wait for it to dry completely. Then I wash my face and moisturize. I find that this reduces the swelling of pimples and reduces the size of pores on the nose and cheeks. I have also noticed it fading most of my hyperpigmentation from my earlier teens. This comes in a big tub for only $3. Once I got two for $5 at Walmart. This is an absolute steal. I also hear it's good for wrinkles but I don't have any yet but I'll keep using this till I'm 100!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 4:39:00 AM More reviews by Deedsrho

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this product for about a year now. It works well I believe with all skins types and also for me it has prevented or clear breakouts. I use it as a mask before going to bed I cover my face with the product and leave it on until it dries. Then I will use a washcloth and rinse/lightly scrub the product off as well as dead skin cells. It works well with pimples that have a white head but under skin pimples what I suffer from it only reduces swelling. The smell isn't so bad and the consistency of it is nice and thick and easy to use. My mom uses it and so do I! It is a great product and should be shared! Hope this helps!❤