Noxzema Original Skin Cream

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Water , Stearic Acid , Linseed Oil , Soybean Oil , Fragrance , Ammonium Hydroxide , Camphor , Menthol , Eucalyptus Oil , Propylene Glycol , Gelatin , Calcium Hydroxide (end)///// (ORIGINAL DEEP CLEANSING CREAM INGREDIENTS: 4/9/15): Water, Stearic Acid, Linum Usitatissimum Seed Oil (Linseed), Glycine Soja Oil (Soybean), Propylene Glycol, Gelatin, Camphor, Phenol, Ammonium Hydroxide, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Calcium Hydroxide, Menthol, Sodium Bicarbonate, Calcium Chloride, Magnesium Sulfate, Potassium Chloride, Fragrance.

on 4/16/2014 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I used this years ago, but that first time it was strong for my skin because it broke me out. But I've come to learn that it was probably purging my skin. I guess I gave up to easily and too soon to see any results at that time.

Today however, it worked wonderfully. I let it sit on my face like a mask for about 10 minutes before wiping it off with warm water. It left my skin really visibly clean and bright.

I'm hoping this will help with my old hyperpigmentation spots.

on 4/16/2014 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Noxzema works great on my skin, the first time i used it i got a few out breaks here and there so it was really cleaning my skin. I dont use it for makeup only to get rid of my acne and so far it has improved my skin slowly but surely.

on 4/2/2014 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Well, i am still in the process of testing this out but so far I'm not liking this. It does a HORRIBLE job at removing makeup. The first time i used this, i felt a tingling sensation and it smelled really strong. I assumed that this would go deep into my skin and remove impurities because of the smell and sensation but NOPE! I barely faded my makeup even after rubbing it in! My old basic Neutrogena cleaner gets rid of makeup better than this. So I have been trying to use this after i remove my makeup with a wipe but i still don't feel like it goes deep into my skin and i still have makeup left over. I have to cleanse my skin over and over and over and over and over again to get it all off! I find that this works better if you let it sit on your skin for a moment or two. But its such a pain in the butt. I was on a budget and looking for a good cleaner but this doesn't seem to be it. I am sticking with my Ponds Luminous cleanser.

on 2/18/2014 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Always come back to this tee hee. Holy grail status

on 2/17/2014 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love how fresh my face feels after putting this on! It didn't break me out and I think it slightly helped my acne-prone skin. The only thing is that it is drying but It's nothing some moisturizer can't help! Plus it's very inexpensive:)

This was just awful for my skin. I am willing to bet it was the menthol, camphor, and eucalyptus. Highly irritating stuff. The "cooling sensation" quickly turned to stinging/burning and I immediately had to wash off. I was covered in the tiniest red raised dots everywhere the stuff touched. The next day the rash had faded and I never used it again. I mentally kicked myself for not paying better attention to ingredients that have no business being in facial products. If you have even slightly sensitive skin, I would stay far away from this product. If you have existing blemishes, this could definitely further irritate your skin. This is another one of those cleansers that are too harsh and supposedly "good" for acne prones, but really just makes the problem worse. End rant.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Wonderful! I wanted a cleanser that didnt have chemicals like benzoil peroxide or salacylic acid in it, and was gentler than my proactive. It works so well to get rid of my makeup! (After I use my makeup wipes) I have combo skin that is more dry in the winter (but oily nose). Makes my skin clean without drying it. Feels gentle although tingly and it dosnt hurt but I definitely feel it cleaning. And you get sooo much for your money. Great classic cleanser.

on 1/7/2014 5:20:00 PM

I do plan on making a video just to show how awful this cleanser is.
I bought this when I stopped wearing make up for a bit, so I didn't realize how ineffective it was.
It promises to remove make up, this has to be the most misleading product I have ever wasted my money on.
The one day I did decide to wear make up, I washed my face with it, came out the shower, looked into the mirror and thought ' Wow my skin looks great, and so evenly toned. '
When I patted my face dry with my towel....... there went all my make up, haha. And I was using a drug store foundation that would normally fade over time, not exactly the hardest to remove.
So today, I decided to test this out again to see if it was just how I washed my face that particular day.
I put some L'oreal Lumi Foundation on my skin. I let it dry for about five minutes, I wet my head, took some Noxzema, lathered it on and washed it off. The make up was still there. I took a dry piece of paper, and my make up wiped off.
I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, if it can't clean off the simplest of make up like it claims it does, I highly doubt it will do anything for the actual dirt in our skin. It does leave you feeling 'refreshed' but that's probably as far as it will ever go.

on 1/4/2014 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I use this to remove my makeup and then again to just massage into my face. I like the refreshing feel it gives. I'm not sure if it's doing anything for my acne but this combined with the cetaphil oily to normal facial wash, up & up max strength acne medication, and biore facial scrub it's doing the job :) so I'm on my 3 rd tub of this and I regret nothing. But I don't like is the fact that it's a tub, but other than that i love it.

on 12/24/2013 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've had moderate acne on my forehead/chest/back for a couple of years now. It's been a very painful and bothersome experience, I've gone through so many expensive cleansers and treatments trying to clear it up, but so far nothing has worked well, especially not this.

I've had some experience with Noxzema, I use it whenever I get a sunburn and it eases the pain/redness, but this is not the solution for acne ridden skin.

It seems to do a good job of cleaning the skin + removing makeup, but has no real effect on my acne, though it has gotten slightly worse since I began using my jar of Noxema. If you're looking for a gentle cleanser to use in combination with a topical acne treatment, this is an excellent cleanser, but by itself it is not enough to clear up moderate acne.