October 21, 2014 | 1906 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Figs and leaves soap

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2010 12:10:00 AM More reviews by Reylena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS SOAP!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2010 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Orientexpress

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

This is my favorite Lush soap and I've tried them all. The scent is fresh and neutral- very pretty without being girly or artificial. I can't describe it, but it smells like a clear, summer morning in the outdoors. The fig seeds exfoliate and little translucent aloe chunks moisturize. Skin feels silky and smooth after bathing. The scrubby bits keep the skin on my back and shoulders clear. The fig seeds and leaves haven't caused any drainage issues for my shower and I have used this soap consistently for two years. To eradicate the crumbling and make the bar last much much longer, "cure" the bar by storing it unwrapped in a cool, dry place for a few days and slice off pieces to use as needed rather than keeping the whole block in the shower. A quarter inch thick slice will last over a week. The only drawback is that I find this to be. Little harsh for the pink parts, so I wash those with the cetaphil bar that I use on my face.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2010 11:29:00 PM More reviews by xoxotoe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

1. i do not enjoy the smell of this soap. i got a sample size and through the wrapper it smelled great! maybe it was just an old sample, or the butt end of the loaf of soap where the smell didn't get mixed well or something. when i opened it up & used it, the smell was not that of figs, or earth, or leaves...it really smelled like ... pee.

2. i used it anyway, because it was so bumpy i figured it would be ok for washing my feet. so i used "honey i washed the kids" all over my body & reserved the stinky fig bar for my rough, dry, thickly calloused feet.

3. its highly lumpy, exfoliating bumps REALLY cleaned my feet well. it felt very good to get a mini massage, as well, because the lumps are sort of like little massagers. it got all the dirt (i garden & go barefoot a lot) out of the cracks/crevices! that sounds entirely disgusting, but really, in an earth mama way, it's sort of charming, right? well, my feet get dirt stains because i don't wear shoes out around in my yard & flowerbeds. it's not like i'm going to the gas station bathroom barefoot. i'm not britney. ANYWAY....

4. so yes, i'd buy this soap again, and i'll think of it as a gardener's soap. it smells like hell (well, mine did) but it worked like magic :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2010 12:46:00 AM More reviews by andthebeautyis

originally i didn't want to even touch this product. i mean, figs? and leaves? um, i don't fancy smelling like a forest floor. but one day, my curiosity got the best of me and i ended up taking a tentative sniff. and i was hooked. i can't describe the smell, but it smells wonderful! it's definitely earthy, but sweet as well. but the best part is how smooth and soft this makes my skin. i find i don't even need lotion after!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2010 1:51:00 AM More reviews by prncss

This has a great fig scent that reminds me of the outdoors. The scent is not too sweet or overpowering. Also this does not have a gross film or residue, and does not leave you with dry hands after either. My hands feel clean after using this. However, I did not like the chunks of figs and leaves in this. A large leaf (over an inch long) came off from this while I was washing which could potentially clog my drain. Also, the soap itself looks like a pile of vomit with the cream color and all the various chunks in it. I'm almost embarrassed for my guests to see this in my bathroom. Furthermore, this soap breaks and crumbles easily so you end up throwing it out before it gets all used up. I didn't have this problem with the other LUSH soaps.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2010 9:37:00 AM More reviews by katharinesophia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So, as I peruse the Lush website more and more and actually look at the ingredients that are in all of their products, I am becoming increasingly disheartened. This is the only soap I could find that does not contain sodium laurel sulfate. I didn't know this when I purchased it though, I just loved the scent- and it is truly amazing, for me anyway. I did have a ton of seeds in my bar, but I enjoyed that part of it and found exfoliating with it a treat. As soaps go, I like this and will probably repurchase because it cleanses well and makes my bathroom smell absolutely amazing. I wouldn't recommend this for sensitive skin though, because there are perfumes and essential oils that could be quite irritating to some. Overall, a decent soap that is indecently priced that I will more than likely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2010 5:49:00 PM More reviews by kcjhawk88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love figs and leaves!! I tend not to like scents that are too overpowering, so this soap is perfect for me. It smells really fresh and light. It leaves me feeling clean and soft, and I find that it is very moisturizing for my sensitive skin. It is a good gentle exfoliator as well. I will definitely buy this one again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2010 1:38:00 PM More reviews by josette

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the WORST soap I've used in my life.
Mainly, if you have sensitive skin - - Watch Out.
I broke out in a rash over most of my body especially around the ears and my chest but also backs of hands, wrists, back of neck.....
It was the only new thing I was using. Then I used it once more to prove that was the problem - It Was.....
My husband has normal skin and did not breat out - but he hated the look and smell of the soap.
In the trash it went.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2010 4:45:00 PM More reviews by pooni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

i am not a soapy girl i like body wash ,shower gels and smoothie but this soap just works wonder on my skin it makes my skin like silk and gives a nice glow,i just love the smell but its bit pricy and doesnt last long but i just love it will keep buying as long as they keep making this

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2010 6:33:00 PM More reviews by P3achyK33n

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Unfortunately, this soap does not create shower magic or whatever else you might expect for the price. It smell and cleans the same way a nameless brand would. The seeds which garner so much hype were not present in any of my large chunks. The main reason aside from price and performance that ceases my need to repurchase? There seems to be a irritant that caused an uncomfortable itch for the entire day. Not on my favorites list, even though LUSH is the best store since... Comparison please? ;)