Revlon Super Lustrous - Rum Raisin

4.4

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this lipstick! On me it comes out a nice mix of brown and rose, and it is the perfect colour for fall. It's a lovely formula and doesn't dry out lips. The only negative thing I have to mention is that I don't find that it stays on all that long. I will buy this over and over again!

on 7/10/2010 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I got his because a makeup blogger really liked it. It looked really dark plum/brown on the swatch outside of the actual tube and I was very hesitant about it but boy I'm glad I bought it! It goes on muted rosy and is perfect for daytime. It's neither too bright or too dark and is super flattering. Whenever I wear lipsticks, I pat it on for a natural look instead of gliding it all over, which can make me look TOO made up. With this, however, I can glide it on and I'm never worried about applying too much because the color is just spot on! Will definitely repurchase.

on 5/1/2010 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Ah memories. Revlon was having a BOGO sale and as I wanted to test out Colorstay, I threw this little lipstick into the mix. I used to wear this line of lipsticks all the time when I was a teenager back in the dark ages, and got pretty nostalgic opening it up and smelling that Revlon smell. From swatching it on my hand in the store, I had high hopes it might be a dupe to Bobbi Brown Raisin lipstick - formerly my HG lipcolor that got too drying.
Sadly it was not to be, this color is just a LITTLE too bright-pink-toned for me and clashes hideously with my yellow-toned skin, making me look like someone's aged auntie with thin, old-lady lips. Eek! Aside from color issues, the texture of this product is weirdly sticky and gummy. It lasted fairly well, but I did not care for the feel. Basically, just a NO all around--plus blah, uninspired packaging that is kind of depressing.

on 8/29/2009 7:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been wearing this color from Revlon since the early 90's(yes, that makes me an "old lady") and hope they never discontinue it. I have never been able to wear a true RED lipstick, but this is as close to a red that I'll wear--much more subtle and natural.
Perfect color for fall and winter. The traditional lipstick consistency is what I like--no gloopy gloss feeling or sparkle.

on 7/15/2009 5:08:00 AM

Its a very very nice lipstick and its creme consistency is awesome. I like that its not in pearl like many of the Super Lustrous Lipsticks.
It also lasts quite a while.
Very Good. Love it.

on 6/21/2009 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I selected Rum Raisin based on the reviews. It worked really well with my MAC C4 medium/tan with yellow undertone skin, and pigmented lips, which tend to be a pinkish/plum color.

The Rum Raisin comes out a brick red with muted brown. I don't normally wear red or brownish colors, but for some reason this worked on my lips. Maybe because neither the red nor the brown is overpowering, so this is perfect for day wear. Highly recommended for a drugstore lipstick.

on 5/5/2009 12:57:00 PM

GREAT COLOR!

It looks pretty scary in the tube because it's a deep plum/burgundy shade, which screams OLD LADY to me.
But it was on sale for 3.99, so I caved in.

I never thought I have a pretty pigmented set of lips until I put this shade on (I always thought I had a dull nude-ish lip color).
But this color showed up in a very subtle sophisticated way and enhanced my natural lip color.
It definitely doesn't scream OLD LADY at all :)
I like to pair it with Revlon SL l/g in glossy rose or ELF candy shop l/g in berry (something, I forgot the name).
It's a very versatile color that can go with a day time look and a smokey eye look :)

Will definitely repurchase in the future :)

on 3/13/2009 10:54:00 PM

I'm so in love with this lipstick. Like most of the reviews have said, the colour looks so blah in the tube, but somehow comes alive on the lips to create a very pretty rosy flushed look. I can see how this colour works better for medium skin-toned brunettes. The colour is a complex rosey-brownish-red, I really can't describe it well. The quality is the same as the other Super Lustrous lipsticks I've tried: pigmented, soft, doesn't smudge all over the place, it's just wonderful. Packing is sleek and it has perhaps one of the most important factors for me in a lipstick: no offensive fragrance.

I also really like Super Lustrous' Deep Nude, which has a warmer, more reddish tone. I love it for the warmer months.

on 12/29/2008 10:49:00 PM

Absolutely Beautiful! This color can flatter many skintones. It is a warm/neutral rosy brownish red color. But definitely much muted shade of red. me: medium skin with yellow undertones. It immediately brightened my face. Great color for fall, winter or evening.

on 11/20/2008 2:27:00 PM

Sorry to be in the minority about this product but the color was far, far too red and heavy for me. I thought it would be more raisiny and plummy due to the name, but on me it was a startling dark red, even when I tried to apply it lightly. Gave it 3 lippies for the great Revlon formula, but the color just didn't work. This will have to be returned, and I will stick with my Smoky Rose that works well for me.

Recommended for Medium Skin