July 29, 2014 | 2043 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous - Rum Raisin

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2009 12:57:00 PM More reviews by KristaniA

GREAT COLOR!

It looks pretty scary in the tube because it's a deep plum/burgundy shade, which screams OLD LADY to me.
But it was on sale for 3.99, so I caved in.

I never thought I have a pretty pigmented set of lips until I put this shade on (I always thought I had a dull nude-ish lip color).
But this color showed up in a very subtle sophisticated way and enhanced my natural lip color.
It definitely doesn't scream OLD LADY at all :)
I like to pair it with Revlon SL l/g in glossy rose or ELF candy shop l/g in berry (something, I forgot the name).
It's a very versatile color that can go with a day time look and a smokey eye look :)

Will definitely repurchase in the future :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2009 10:54:00 PM More reviews by sw128

I'm so in love with this lipstick. Like most of the reviews have said, the colour looks so blah in the tube, but somehow comes alive on the lips to create a very pretty rosy flushed look. I can see how this colour works better for medium skin-toned brunettes. The colour is a complex rosey-brownish-red, I really can't describe it well. The quality is the same as the other Super Lustrous lipsticks I've tried: pigmented, soft, doesn't smudge all over the place, it's just wonderful. Packing is sleek and it has perhaps one of the most important factors for me in a lipstick: no offensive fragrance.

I also really like Super Lustrous' Deep Nude, which has a warmer, more reddish tone. I love it for the warmer months.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2008 10:49:00 PM More reviews by ksbkd00

Absolutely Beautiful! This color can flatter many skintones. It is a warm/neutral rosy brownish red color. But definitely much muted shade of red. me: medium skin with yellow undertones. It immediately brightened my face. Great color for fall, winter or evening.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2008 2:27:00 PM More reviews by SnapesLove

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Sorry to be in the minority about this product but the color was far, far too red and heavy for me. I thought it would be more raisiny and plummy due to the name, but on me it was a startling dark red, even when I tried to apply it lightly. Gave it 3 lippies for the great Revlon formula, but the color just didn't work. This will have to be returned, and I will stick with my Smoky Rose that works well for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2008 2:42:00 PM More reviews by ValJean

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Another holy grail product. Moisturizing and lasting. Use with Lancome lip liner fraichelle. Since my favorite Mac color was discontinued--satiate--I have been on a quest to find a similar color. This is very similar--perhaps not quite as pink, but not noticeable on me--and not quite as deep. Prefer the Mac, but this is pretty darn close. Goes beautifully with the Smashbox blush Snap. Must stock up.....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2008 10:48:00 PM More reviews by boo_hiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'll say at first that I am a huge fan of the Revlon Super Lustrous formula so I'm not going to go into that as much as the color. I don't even know why I bought this color, but I was feeling like a treat today and tried it on my hand and thought, "why not? it looks like a 'grown up' color and I need more of those." This lipstick is soooo close to my perfect red. I know it doesn't look red in the tube but my lips are very pink, and things turn weird colors on my face. Rum Raisin looks boring brownish in the tube but it brightened my whole face and I felt like I had that "put together" look everyone in the magazines says a good lipstick is supposed to give you. I'm a PPP with natural light brown hair that is currently dyed a dark reddish-brown. I have a very rosy complexion that must have turned this neutral lipstick just pink enough. As it fades and my natural lips show through, it looks like a darkish pink, still very pretty. I love it, and I'm going to try some more shades like this in the future.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2008 1:36:00 PM More reviews by highrise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A lovely warmish sepia tone. Shoppers Drug Mart had a wonderful sale - $4 each - so I went ona smash & grab. Wouldn't repurchse as it's a little too warm for my tone, but I can get away with it and it is a nice rich toasty colour without being too brown.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2008 11:18:00 PM More reviews by lovemilag

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great neutral color (I am a PPP). Revlon lipsticks are long-lasting and go on well. One of my favorites.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2007 8:20:00 PM More reviews by browngirl007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a medium olive toned Asian girl and this lipstick looks awesome on me during winters ! Makes me look bright and fresh :) The percentage of red is just perfect for me.Definitely dark for summer but if you are a medium olive skinned person, give this a try !

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2007 4:55:00 AM More reviews by amysplat

I really wanted to like this lipstick but its just too dark for me, i have very pale skin and dark blonde hair. But the texture and feel is good.