September 20, 2014 | 1779 users online

Shampoo - Neutrogena - Anti-Residue Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by kelsey1219

Without a doubt, my *hg* shampoo. I have lake water, so I use this shampoo daily. It lathers beautifully, and removes any residual styling product/natural oils from the day. This shampoo was recommended to me by my hair stylist as a way to keep my highlighted hair fresh and bright, and I fell in love with it immediately. I would definitely recommend this product!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2013 12:06:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

My scalp is dry and sensitive and my hair is dry, short, curly, and color-treated. This clear shampoo is a strong clarifier, so I diluted it with an equal amount of distilled water. It lathers well and is just as effective as a clarifier as using it full strength. However, it leaves my hair feeling over-dried, so I switched to Alberto VO-5 Clarifying Shampoo, which I can use full strength and doesn't overdry my hair.
Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo is a great clarifier, whether used full strength or diluted. It's just not for dry hair and scalps.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2013 8:06:00 PM More reviews by Disintigratedwoman

I remember having this in our bathroom cupboard as a child. I don't think my parents used it properly though. Nevertheless, fast-forward 15 years and I have now bought this product after reading reviews on this site. I'm glad I did! I used it the other day to replace my LÒréal/Bed Head Tigi Shampoo. It lathered up quite well, however it has a strong scent that reminds me of typical hotel shampoo. I used a deep conditioning product afterwards to replenish my hair with moisture, since as this product strips away residue, it can dry out your hair as well. My hair was extremely soft as it was drying and was softer and shinier than usual after it was all dried and styled! I will keep on using this every 3-4 washes. Hopefully I will see even bigger differences over time.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by MoniSams17

I remember seeing this product in Walgreens for the first time about five years ago, and have wanted to try it ever since. Now that I have it, I'm very impressed.

My hair gets very oily very fast. I'm talking the day after showering. I wake up and my head would be itchy and my hair would look greasy. I made it a necessity to shampoo everyday, which I know isn't good. Thanks to this product, I think I'll be capable of keeping things in check.

So far, I've used this once and the results are pleasing. The smell was a little strange, but not enough to make it lose a lippie, and after washing it out my hair felt leathery, almost fake. When I used my Dove shampoo and L'Oreal conditioner afterward, it felt softer than ever before. Once it was dry, it was absolutely smooth. The effects of this product are amazing. Waking up the next morning and realizing my hair wasn't gross was great. I will definitely continue to use and suggest it to others.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by payjark

This isn't the best anti residue shampoo I've used, but not the worst. I actually prefer the Suave one to this one. The smell is too strong for my liking and it kind of dries my scalp a bit. But I'll use this until I run out which wont be long because the bottle is small and I'm about halfway through with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2013 8:19:00 PM More reviews by th3amazingashley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

first clarifying shampoo I've ever tried but I use it once a week. the smell is stinky but it doesn't linger. after washing with it my hair is dry and weird feeling but then j use my wen shampoo my hair feels.so clean and soft and wonderful. I will continue to use this I'm digging it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 6:34:00 AM More reviews by theonlyjesinta

I bought this on sale and just tried it, it's great. I've been using kerestase bain de force protien shampoo for damaged hair and then using the matrix biolage ultra hydrating balm afterwards so once I week I need to clean out my hair. My hair is really damaged but I think this stuff is fairly gentle leaving my hair soft afterwards. And very clean and light feeling.

This is a very inexpensive great find. I definitely recommend. .

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 1:07:00 AM More reviews by teaggybear

Let me start off by saying that this product is AMAZING. I had so much build-up in my hair from my moisturizer shampoo that it made it limp and dull-looking. But I bought this and tried it and my hair feels so clean and soft! I only use this once a week just because it is a clarifying shampoo. It really helps to get all the gunk out of my hair after the week. I'm in love. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by koralam

Price:$8.99
I like this product. I works great at completely removing all the gunk that builds up in your hair. From built up hair products or dirt and oil. Be sure to only use this ONCE a week, unless you want straw hair. The only reasons for lipies taken off are the smell and the packaging. The scent to me for some reason reminds me of baby powder so not the best scent and it does linger in your hair for a couple hours. My advice would be to follow up with a hair mask to hide the scent if you dont like it. You should be following up with a hair mask either way because the shampoo is quite stripping and you will find your hair feeling pretty dry if you dont condition afterwards. The other lipie taken off is for the packaging. I really dont see this being a problem for too many people but its worth mentioning, the packaging is bulky. Its a wide bottle, so having only one small shelf in my shower it takes up a little too much space. All in all i recommend this product. It won't fail you.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by Lindsey2552

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

By far the best clarifying shampoo for the money. I have been using this since a teen. It is great for multiple reasons: Use is once a week to get rid of residue, it makes your other products work like new again (because it primes your hair), you only need a small amount so it lasts forever, if you are going to lighten your hair use this for a month it will strip some of the colour out so you don't need to be too harsh on your hair when you do lighten it and it smells nice and fresh!