August 30, 2014 | 1788 users online

Cleansers - Peter Thomas Roth - Glycolic Acid 3% Facial Wash

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2006 5:05:00 PM More reviews by westcoastgirl

Love this facial wash! the tiniest drop will clean my whole face so one bottle will last a long time. Rinses clean and my face is so soft after I wash using this. Love it:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2005 8:22:00 PM More reviews by jules007

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've found this to be an excellent cleanser used in the morning for my combo skin It really exfoliates and leaves a nice glow with no irritation. For drier or more skins, you may want to just use it once or twice a week. I alterante this with the Sensitive Skin Cleansing Gel. It's expensive but the bottle is large and you only need a small amount, so it should last about a year or longer. I really like PTR products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2005 2:42:00 AM More reviews by busybaker1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Like the previous reviewer, I also use this product every morning with a buff-puf. I am prone to ingrown hairs on my chin line (to add insult to injury, as if daily plucking out of chin hairs wasn't bad enough!). I often looked like I had chin acne but in fact it was just irritated skin because of this condition. The daily combo of this PTR wash & the buff puf has been a miracle! The ingrown hairs are all but gone and I have soft smooth skin. Bonus: This trick also works on the bikini line. The bottle does last for months so the $30 price tag does go a long way.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2005 7:58:00 PM More reviews by jester1113

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm such a big fan of PTR.

I use this once a day, in the am, with a buff puff to help exfoliate. My pores clog so easily, this has been a big help. A bottle usually lasts me five or six months too, so well worth the price.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2005 6:39:00 PM More reviews by tetrakis

I wanted to like this. I really did. However, I must have been so caught up in wanting to like this that I never realized that it has fragrance in it. How could this be? I am usually so careful =( (fragrance and my rosacea don't play well together). I used this once a while ago and suffered a horrible break out soon after. However, I was trying other new things at that time (I know I shouldn't, but I just can't help it...sigh), so I wasn't sure if this was the culprit. However, I finally got my routine settled down a couple of weeks ago and decided to give this a try since I needed a little exfoliation. The first night after use, my skin seemed smoother and firmer. However, by the time the evening rolled around, I was getting cystic acne all around my chin and jawline. It gradually worsened over the next few days =(. I never get cystic acne unless I am having an allergic reaction, so I won't be using this stuff again. I guess I can finish up the bottle on my body. However, the search for an exfoliant continues (one without fragrance next time...sheesh).

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2004 2:30:00 AM More reviews by Cayden19

i feel that this product is great to have at hand. it leaves my oily skin super smooth and shine free. i guess that's because of the AHA. since i hate scrubs, this is a great alternative for me if i want to exfoliate. i only use this twice a week though because any more than that, it dries out my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2004 4:57:00 PM More reviews by katehoo

I have fairly sensitive skin and found this too harsh for daily use, but I do like it as a semi-weekly exfoliator. I'm not sure it's a particularly effective wrinkle fighter, but it does make my skin feel taught and refreshed after use. I also like that it's free of added dyes and fragrances. And I've found that it's terrific for preventing body breakouts, though it is a little pricey for everyday use as a body wash. Not likely to become a staple of my beauty regime for years to come, but I'd be willing to buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2004 8:40:00 PM More reviews by krw134

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this cleanser. My face feels really clean (it kind of even squeaks it's so clean!). I have found that I can't use it every day though. After using it four days in a row it made my face kind of dry. Using it a few times a week might be a better option, especially for those with sensitive skin. At $30, it is a bit pricey, but a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2001 5:27:00 PM More reviews by fort

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is another effective, well-formulated product from PTR. It is a clear, foaming, non-irritating gel that cleanses and clarifies the skin of rough textures/lines. This cleanser won't fix major problem areas on its own, but it is great to use as an overall refresher/renewer for the face. Usage of this product would have to vary depending on your skin type. I have combination skin, and I use this at most once a day, sometimes every other day (the hydroxy element is strong enough to sensitize the skin if used too frequently). It's pricey ($30). A bottle should last three to four months, depending on use. A great addition to any skin care routine, in my opinion.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No