Wet 'n' Wild #521 - Fuschia w/ Blue Pearl

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/18/2010 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Gorgeous color, the blue pearl just gives it a nice shimmer. Definitely worth picking up, I got this for .60 cents at Rite Aid.

I absolutely love bright pink lipsticks and for the price it's an awesome deal. This is the second lipstick I bought on Ebay for $0.99.

Goes on smooth with a creamy satin matte texture.

on 10/22/2009 6:57:00 PM

I love this lipstick more than I rightly should. I'm extremely pale and usually rock a bright lip, but I've been frustrated with the lack of really bright pinks. I'd think that I found a real hot pink, only to have it go on looking soft and natural.

Not so, Fuschia with Blue Pearl. Yes, the name is bulky. Yes, the packaging is chintzy. Yes, it's a hot pink lipstick with blue reflect made by Wet'n'Wild (80s prom queen cliche, anyone?). But if loving it is wrong, I don't want to be right.

The tube stays securely shut, the texture is to die for (They called it "silk finish," and they weren't lying!), and the color lasts for hours and hours. If forgotten in my car, it does not melt. It isn't drying, it's bright and opaque in one coat, and it actually works quite well as a lip stain. I like topping this lipstick with a slightly darker gloss for an ultra-shiny, layered look.

It's not for the faint of heart, but for 99c at any drugstore, it's worth a shot for anyone who likes a bold lip. It's a fun pop of color that somehow looks like "just enough."

on 9/27/2009 8:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am very fair (the fairest shade in all foundations) with brown eyes and black hair. I really wanted to try a bright, saturated pink/fuschia because vivid colors tend to look really nice against my fair skin. I wore this lipstick with Rimmel's Tiramisu liner (applied very lightly), and I think, if I hadn't eaten, it would have lasted hours and hours. It didn't bleed at all (not sure if it would without liner). After I had rubbed it off with a napkin and eaten, however, I put a nearly-clear gloss without reapplying the lipstick and, since the lipstick had apparently left a stain on my lips, it looked like I had applied a very pretty medium-toned rosy pink gloss. Love this lipstick!

Ew. horrible product

on 8/23/2009 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my new favorite cheap thrill. I just discovered it last week and been extremely pleased. I normally go for dramatic eyes and natural lips, but I've been experimenting with lipsticks. I especially like the cheap ones because I don't feel bad if I lose them. This color works amazingly well with my cool tones. It is bright, but not overpowering. It brightens up my entire face when I wear it. I really really love this. And at just a dollar, I really can't go wrong!

on 7/15/2009 3:02:00 PM

My goodness I love this,the colour is bright and lasts for ages on me.I love WnW and will now try some other colours,the brighter the better :o)

Have you ever gotten into a conversation with a woman (or man) and had trouble concentrating on what they were saying because you were so mesmerized by their lipcolor? In a good way, I mean. I think this color could have that effect on people. It's so so pretty and unexpected!! Don't be scared to give this a whirl!
I love to wear red and bright pink lipsticks. They are much more flattering on me than nudes and pale shades (although I seem to keep trying to find palies that work on me), and this is a fabulous addition to my collection. It really wakes up my face and puts me a great, sunny mood. It goes nicely with Ana Sui lipliner 300 - a vibrant rose. It goes on smoothly and feels comfy on the lips.
I'm somewhere around NC15/N4, JI Bisque or Ivory, and RCMA KO-1 is a tad dark and yellow on me, if that helps. I have medium brown hair and green-gray eyes, with stupid pigmented lips. continued >>

on 4/30/2009 2:05:00 PM

My current favorite lipstick. I LOVE the color. It's great for those with fair skin and blue/green/gray eyes.

I always wear a balm with my lipsticks, so I can't comment on any drying effects. As another reviewer mentioned, it wears off evenly, not in patches.

This one is always in my purse.

on 4/14/2009 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Perfect for a 1980s halloween costume, or if you're comfortable with your lips being visible from space.

It doesn't dry my lips, the color doesn't bleed, and it lasts for quite a while without reapplication. (not through eating or drinking, but what do you expect for seventy cents?) If this color is what you're looking for in a lipstick, you can't beat the price.

Popular Lipsticks