December 21, 2014 | 884 users online

Styling Products - Redken - Rough Paste 12 ragged texture hair paste

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2004 11:32:00 PM More reviews by HeyDollFace

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this product for defining curls! Great when doing updos to really hold barrels curls.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2003 12:21:00 AM More reviews by allygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product. Its perfect for my short flick 'do. Its a strong hold, without the crunch of a gel. I also find it lasts. Where a normal wax would have dissappeared and left my locks fluffy or greasy by the end of the day, rough paste stays like perfect. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2003 5:30:00 PM More reviews by kitty62

The name of this will give you a good idea of what it does. "Rough" for messy texture and "Paste" for hold and control. My hair is short and wavy/curly and I usually like to style it smooth and controlled in the front, and wilder and piecey at the sides and back. (Think Sharon Osbourne.) I'm alternating this with Water Wax, using the Rough Paste when I need extra hold and don't mind a bit of crunchiness. (It has a hold factor of "12" compared with Water Wax's "3.") I smoosh a little around on my fingertips, and then just grab at random strands and smooth my bangs off to the side. It's a bit heavy but my hair is dry, coarse, and extremely thick so I never have to worry about a product weighing it down. This also gets extra points for the pump dispenser. If I end up not repurchasing, it will be because of the smell. It might be unbearably strong for some, so try to get a whiff before you buy.