NARS Thunderball single

4.7

on 1/14/2005 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

OK this is definitely my HG liner. i've had it ever since it came out and i have only used it about 10 times but i swear every time i put it on it brightens and just makes my eyes look just bigger and better. moreso than any other liner. i just wear it alone with black mascara and wow what a difference. if you have brown eyes and are looking for a classy, more-green-than-purple-based navy powder liner, go get this. love.

on 12/25/2004 2:24:00 PM

In the pan this appears to be a straight forward navy color. Very pigmented and rich. On the eye it appears to be like a smokey teal/midnight blue color. It is stunning and works well as a liner or as a smokey eye. This is the sleeper hit in the Nars line. Highest lippies!

on 9/14/2004 8:20:00 PM

This colour is awesome as a liner -I use it with biotherm #40 gold highlighter all over and MAC's shale eyeshadow in the crease (or you could use Nars Barbuda - the colours are almost exactly the same). Getting back to Thunderball - it has a dark teal/navy/black colour that makes my green-gray eyes look really light. It's nothing less than amazing.

on 7/1/2004 5:07:00 PM

A beautiful colour used dry or wet. Perfect with my pale skin and green eyes. Blends beautifully and creates a great smokey eye. Would buy again!

on 2/29/2004 11:27:00 AM

This is the perfect liner color for my eyes and I am not much of a liner girl. It somehow makes the green in my blue/green eyes really "pop". Most everyone has described it as a blue/black, but I also detect a slight teal shade going on in there. It lasts allday and is quite easy to apply.

on 2/23/2004 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Thunderball is a very pigmented navy/black powder eyeshadow. It has a beautiful slight indigo undertone. This has no shimmer and would be excellent to use for the smokey eye look.

This is my favorite color to use as liner!!! I love it!! I use this to line my eyes on an every day basis with the push brush, thin...or else smokey eye for night time! It's the perfect deep navy that I've been searching for!

on 10/20/2003 1:01:00 PM

I love this shadow. It's a gorgoeus matte inky-blue with hints of teal, unlike any other dark blue shadow that I have (and I have quite a few). If you're familiar with fountain pens, it's very similar to blue-black fountain pen ink. I love using it to make a smoky eye look - I use a shimmery pale silver or icy blue shadow as a base, and use this to line and contour. Although it's a bit pricier than most shadow singles at $18, I imagine it will last me forever, since it's so pigmented. I'm a cool-toned LLL with blue-grey eyes, but I really think this shadow is versatile enough to look great on most compexions, and with a wide variety of looks.