Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 2/13/2015 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This cleanser is great for removing makeup! I don't like to use this as an everyday cleanser because it breaks me out. I only use this when I wear makeup; I take off makeup with makeup remover wipes, then use this to take off makeup thats deep in my skin, and then I go in with another cleanser to actually cleanse my skin. It smells great and it is a little pricey but it works wonderful in removing makeup!

on 2/13/2015 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I have very sensitive eyes, and I have tried SO MANY cleansers and they all made me cry, so I always come back to this one. Its great for people with very sensitive eyes like me, its the best at removing makeup, and its 3 in 1, which means its a makeup remover, face wash and toner all in one product, that's why many people say they felt their skin a little dry, because you don't need toner with this product, its really really good as a product! Ohh and one 8 oz bottle last almost 5 months! I tried the Purpose face wash and its good but I felt like it didnt clean deep, and it didn't remove my makeup at all. I tried the Olay cleanser and it made me cry A LOT! The only thing I don't like about the Purity is the packaging, is not great for traveling, but other than that I love it. Another thing I don't like about this product its that its a little pricey for a cleanser, but it is a good product.

on 2/12/2015 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this is not good for my sensitive acne prone skin. Just 2days after i change my cleanser routine to this my skin got quite red and whiteheads around my nose. And in the morning when i do my makeup ad usual, it stings when i put on my skin79 bb cream on the reddish area which was never happen before i change my routine.
Really dissappointed. Any cleanser have never been this harsh to my skin ;((

on 2/12/2015 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

So I bought this and HIAJ to test out philosophy products. I liked this at first but I found it was making my skin dry and weird, and its usually normal to combo so I stopped using this. It's also expensive so I don't think it's worth repurchasing.

on 2/8/2015 4:24:00 PM

I wanted to love this product so much but it's really dried out my skin. I like the smell and texture maybe it's not appropriate for winter months? If your thinking about buying this I would buy the $10 little bottle first if you don't like it u can always use it as a makeup brush cleanser.

on 2/7/2015 9:04:00 PM

I first got a sample of this when I was looking for a new cleasner, and I was pleasantly surprised, so I bought the largest size they make. I usually don't go for non-foaming cleansers, since I don't feel they clean thoroughly, but the result after washing was clean and without the drying and tightness of some cleansers. It has kind of a bland scent, I don't mind it, but some people might.

The only thing I don't like about this product is the packaging. I think a pump would be a lot easier to use, especially for using in the morning and when the product starts to run out.

on 2/5/2015 10:10:00 PM

I bought as small bottle at Sephora to use with my Clarisonic. It was $300 pesos (about $15 dollars) but I was in splurge mode so I thought "hey, it should be worth it". It wasn't. I don't really like the "natural" smell, and the texture is hardly magical. It is just an OK cleanser. But I prefer Cleanance by Avene or Effaclar by La Roche Posay.

on 2/2/2015 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This made my skin as parched and thirsty as the desert! This cleanser will be a nightmare for you if you have drier skin like mine. I received this as a sample and I do not understand what the hype is about. Also, the name is misleading because it isn't really "pure" at all, that's just marketing. This actually contains a lot of irritating ingredients. I'm glad this was free.

on 1/31/2015 11:21:00 PM

I heard so many good things about this but was not impressed when I finally got it. I purposely spent $100. at Sephora just to get the free sample of it, and I don't get why it's so loved. It's gentle and does get makeup off but that's about it. I don't feel like it did anything to my skin at all. I first used it with no makeup previously on and it felt like it just dried my skin out. Definitely didn't clean or exfoliate at all. Unless you want to use it as a basic makeup remover, I don't recommend it. At least try to sample it before buying.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this cleanser for my face! I have combo/oily skin that can get a bit dry in the Minnesota winters. It removes my makeup and eye makeup and doesn't dry out my skin! I still use a scrub with it because I need a bit of exfoliation.