Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 2/12/2015 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

So I bought this and HIAJ to test out philosophy products. I liked this at first but I found it was making my skin dry and weird, and its usually normal to combo so I stopped using this. It's also expensive so I don't think it's worth repurchasing.

on 2/8/2015 4:24:00 PM

I wanted to love this product so much but it's really dried out my skin. I like the smell and texture maybe it's not appropriate for winter months? If your thinking about buying this I would buy the $10 little bottle first if you don't like it u can always use it as a makeup brush cleanser.

on 2/7/2015 9:04:00 PM

I first got a sample of this when I was looking for a new cleasner, and I was pleasantly surprised, so I bought the largest size they make. I usually don't go for non-foaming cleansers, since I don't feel they clean thoroughly, but the result after washing was clean and without the drying and tightness of some cleansers. It has kind of a bland scent, I don't mind it, but some people might.

The only thing I don't like about this product is the packaging. I think a pump would be a lot easier to use, especially for using in the morning and when the product starts to run out.

on 2/5/2015 10:10:00 PM

I bought as small bottle at Sephora to use with my Clarisonic. It was $300 pesos (about $15 dollars) but I was in splurge mode so I thought "hey, it should be worth it". It wasn't. I don't really like the "natural" smell, and the texture is hardly magical. It is just an OK cleanser. But I prefer Cleanance by Avene or Effaclar by La Roche Posay.

on 2/2/2015 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This made my skin as parched and thirsty as the desert! This cleanser will be a nightmare for you if you have drier skin like mine. I received this as a sample and I do not understand what the hype is about. Also, the name is misleading because it isn't really "pure" at all, that's just marketing. This actually contains a lot of irritating ingredients. I'm glad this was free.

on 1/31/2015 11:21:00 PM

I heard so many good things about this but was not impressed when I finally got it. I purposely spent $100. at Sephora just to get the free sample of it, and I don't get why it's so loved. It's gentle and does get makeup off but that's about it. I don't feel like it did anything to my skin at all. I first used it with no makeup previously on and it felt like it just dried my skin out. Definitely didn't clean or exfoliate at all. Unless you want to use it as a basic makeup remover, I don't recommend it. At least try to sample it before buying.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this cleanser for my face! I have combo/oily skin that can get a bit dry in the Minnesota winters. It removes my makeup and eye makeup and doesn't dry out my skin! I still use a scrub with it because I need a bit of exfoliation.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

So I would recommend this to anyone who has normal, combo, or oily skin. It is amazing at taking off your makeup, thoroughly cleaning your face (even better with the clarisonic), and toning it. It helps clear your face if you suffer from breakouts, but it's really gentle and won't strip your face of the natural oils.

I've used this religiously throughout high school, and university. Now that I'm graduated and a little bit older, my skin has become a lot more dry and and doesn't produce much oil. If you are very dry like me, but live in a humid environment I feel like this would still work great. But if you live in a very dry climate, like myself... It might not do so well for you. It has given me dry patches, and makes my face feel uncomfortably tight even after moisturizing with a heavy face lotion.

Over all though, I still love this face wash. It never disappointed me for 8 years until my skin type changed

on 1/21/2015 5:48:00 PM

This is overrated to me. I broke out using this and felt like I had film on my skin. I never break out and my face usually feels clean. I never got what anyone liked about this cleanser.

on 1/18/2015 7:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Not blown away. Just average to me.