April 21, 2014 | 1867 users online

Treatments - Olay - Regenerist Daily Regenerating Serum - Fragrance Free

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2012 5:49:00 AM More reviews by starfishnet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Had high hopes for this product. Unfortunately, this product broke me out. I even tested it on my decollete and I got a break out. Could be too much "cones"? Try at your own risk.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2012 1:01:00 PM More reviews by ammasprajna

This is a really good serum that is loaded with antioxidants, and mercifully contains no fragrance. It's not moisturizing (serums are treatments, not hydrators), and dries to a silky matte finish. I think it makes an outstanding primer, and with all the good anti-aging benefits this serum contains, swapping it with my Smashbox primer is a no-brainer.

I often have a lot of other skin care products layered on my face, so often I just use this on my neck and chest. It's basically a well-formulated, light-weight serum packed with anti-aging ingredients, without irritants. Recommended!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2012 10:11:00 PM More reviews by purpldy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Unfortunately this serum did not agree with my skin at all. Tried it many times - every other night, mixing with heavy creams, only putting on certain areas of my face - all to the same result. It made my sensitive skin sore. Somewhat like retinols (that I can not use either) but to a lesser degree. Has great reviews, lots of wonderful ingredients, but made my reactive sensitive skin even more sensitive. I am beginning to wonder if I can not use "peptides" either as this is the second serum with peptides I have tried to the same results.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2012 9:45:00 AM More reviews by fab50s

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For me, this did not work as hoped. My skin is pretty dry, and this seemed to make it worse. It does have a great texture, very silky, and I liked that it was fragrance free, but that's about it. Moved on to other products.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2011 2:58:00 PM More reviews by amberclaire

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This gave me a weird bumpy rash on my face after a few days. I stopped using the serum for a couple of nights, and the bumps went away. Just for some background information my skin oily and acne prone but sensitive in some areas (mostly on my cheeks) plus Im starting to see fine lines. I'm about to try a Murad 30 day kit, so we'll see how that goes.....

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2011 7:36:00 PM More reviews by 123456j

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Just finished the whole bottle and haven't notice any difference in my skin at all.

It didn't cause any breakouts (but I am not acne-prone) but it didn't help reduce any redness ahd I had. It's very hydrating and instantly smooths out the skin but heavier than the Olay micro-sculpting serum.

Because of the questionable results (or lack of results?) I would rather go back to the micro-sculpting serum... at least that one is less heavy, just as hydrating, makes you more radiant, and supposed to be more anti-aging.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 1:36:00 PM More reviews by syeung2

Product - Translucent near-white serum. Thick/rich, smooth texture. Easy to work with. Soaks into my skin nicely, quickly, without any residue. I use only one pump per use, and I apply to my face only (though the directions on the bottle say to apply to neck as well) once in the morning and once at night, before moisturizer, TM, or makeup. It works as a face primer too. While I haven't conducted any rigorous scientific experiments with this product, I must admit my skin does seem improved, from combination-skin to now normal, smooth, velvety skin. My skin has responded so favorably that I don't feel obligated to use moisturizer as religiously. Given my age, I do apply moisturizer at night (Aveeno Positively Ageless Reconditioning Night Cream), but I don't feel as though I HAVE to. My dry patches are gone, I don't get late afternoon oily-ness either.

Comparisons - After Aveeno discontinued their Positively Radiant Triple Boosting Serum (and then wouldn't reply to my inquiries for a suitable replacement), I picked this up on a whim and wasn't expecting to get the great results I have. Aveeno's serum was more creamy, lotion-like, while Olay's is more of what I expect a serum to look and feel like. I definitely prefer Olay over the Aveeno, and I like a lot of Aveeno products.

Packaging - Pump dispenser on an opaque bottle that tapers in the middle. Pump locks for travel. A little more than I wanted to spend at the grocery store for this type of item, but then again it's downright affordable in comparison to department store and cosmetic counter equivalents.

Overall - Really pleased with what this has done for my skin texture. Definitely will repurchase when I run out. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2011 2:40:00 PM More reviews by Rocki

I tend to get skincare products from shopping channels, but when I'm too lazy & want to purchase it right away, without waiting, I'll get this. It's okay. I have to share something with all of you. I once, was on the phone with the CEO of a very successful skincare line, that sells on one of these shopping channels on t.v. She told me, that the only decent quality "commercial' skincare line was Olay. Of course, not as good as hers, but she did comment on it as being reasonably priced & having good ingredients for a "store bought product".

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2011 2:12:00 PM More reviews by mauwong

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this serum for its niacinamide ingredient.

I started using Olay Regenerist Serum in addition to benzoyl peroxide with great success. Iím usually clear with BP only unless Iím stressed, donít have enough sleep or during my period. With the addition of niacinamide in my regimen, I havenít had any of those big ugly acne lesion even when Iím stressed.

The big test came when I was on a business trip to NY. I was stressed, my sleep was disrupted due to the three hours time difference and had my period. For all this, I only got a tiny white head that went away the next day.

Don't want to call it a miracle product. But hey, it works.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2011 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Loopachu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

**NOTE: DON'T put this on before spf moisturizer or sunscreen in the morning because it doesn't offer sun protection! Sunscreen should be the first thing on your face after washing.

I've been looking more and more into anti-oxidant type serums because derms and such seem to suggest that as prevention when you're in your twenties - this one caught my eye because it's stable (unlike vit. C) and it has a peptide complex. Now, I don't expect to see wrinkle reduction or the like because I'm 21, but I've seen no change in skin brightness or smoothness or dark circles, and the expression lines on my forehead are still present. This doesn't mean it's not doing its anti-aging job, just don't expect miracle-lovely skin. I haven't broken out from using this product, and in fact I haven't broken out since using this product, though I'm not sure if this is the cause or no. If you're looking for this as a cheaper version of the eye serum, take care not to use it on the upper lids if yours are at all sensitive - it makes mine puff up like balloons. That said, a pretty good-serum ingredient wise, I may continue using this if nothing else catches my eye.