October 2, 2014 | 1569 users online

Eye Shadow - Shu Uemura - Eye Shadow

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2005 12:11:00 AM More reviews by adollzone

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't agree w/the rave here! Personally, I find Chanel and Lancome shadows to last, without creasing, the same amount of time as SU. Don't go overboard in purchasing this newest craze....not worth it. With quality e/s base you get same quality/staying power as any higher-end shadows, especially Chanel. BUT, with good base, you could wear drugstore brands for lot less cost. IMO, over-rated.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2005 8:44:00 PM More reviews by Lynn99

I have started out on colecting Shu's e/s, and the quality is just great! The colour selection is vast, and I am definietly going to be an avid fan of this :) Just need to get the empty compact case to organise all the colours!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2005 10:03:00 PM More reviews by phburton

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great eyeshadow. It goes on very smooth and silky and can be blended out beautifully. I don't like the packaing at all, though, mine broke after a very few uses so when I travel I have to use tape to hold it together... but anyway the eyeshadow is the best I have ever seen.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2005 1:51:00 AM More reviews by reneetm

this is my HG eyeshadow! used to be a stila & MAC fan til i was exposed to SU. great color selection, great pigment, easy to blend...but best of all, stays on all day without creasing! don't see how i can ever convert to another eyeshadow brand...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2005 10:55:00 PM More reviews by RebeccaC01

I purchased four Shu Uemura Eye Shadows as part of their 'create-your-own' compact. You purchase the compact for about $12 and purchase the eye shadows and/or blush you want in it by purchasing the items separately. You then can have those taken out of their individual packages and placed in the compact. If you decide to purchase more eye shadows or blushers in the future, you can switch them from compact to individual package. The compact is a great way to organize all my makeup and I like the fact that I can be flexible with it. So far, I only have neutral shadows with the compact (one crease, one liner, two shimmers). MAC and Stila shadows were always been my favorite shadow lines, however I tried these shadows and they were even better. The pigment is great and the shimmers do not flake beyond my eyelids. I have had problems with shimmers flaking beyond my eyelids and Shu Uemura shadows have never done this. They are also really great because I no longer have to carry fifteen thousand different eye shadow containers anymore with this compact. The shadows are slightly pricier than MAC and Stila, however I definitely believe they are worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2005 1:55:00 AM More reviews by khoney101

First off, I'd like to say that the quality of this eyeshadow is superb. The texture is heavenly, blends well and lasts well. However I made the mistake of getting the wrong color. P Brown 853. Which to me is too dark to be a lid color and too light to be a crease color. Although pricey, I'm definetly excited to try different colors from this collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2005 7:11:00 PM More reviews by heidiho

Got P Beige 808 from the Spring 2005 line and absolutely love it. It is the best daytime neutral for me. It is like the color of sand at the beach, just like as described on the website. Was leary of it being Pearl, but it is just the perfect pearlescent shimmer. Not glittery or sparkly. I love the little cases they come in since they take up so little space in my makeup bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2005 1:22:00 PM More reviews by rosycheek22

These e/s are excellent. I've known about Shu's blushes and mascaras for awhile, am kicking myself for not exploring their e/s sooner. Great blendability, lasting, subtle shimmer not that overly sparkly crap--gorgeous!Just wanted to let you all know Shu Uemura sells a compact for $8, with mirror. It'll hold 4 e/s, or 2 e/s and 1 blush. Or 2 blushes. Wish I'd known before, so thought I'd let you all know. They also sell one that'll hold 12 e/s, 4 e/s & 4 blushes, or 6 blushes for $15. Shu sells on their website. www.shuuemura.com continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2004 6:54:00 AM More reviews by 1Stephanotis

Shu Uemura eyeshadows are right up there in ranking close to Stila, By Terry and MAC. Though for variety MAC is hard to beat and the classy sophistication of By Terry and Stila shimmer shadows wins Shu Uemura's. I find some Shu Uemura metallic shadows flakes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2004 6:54:00 PM More reviews by signsoflife

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I may occasionally stray, but I always come back to Shu Uemura's eye shadows. They have the finest texture and blend the best. I have extremely oily lids, and while these crease (even with base/primer), it takes longer than other eye shadows. If they weren't so hard to locate, I'd have bought many more shades, so maybe it's a good thing that these shadows are inaccessible and I have to make do with what I already have. When I do come across them though, I'll be on a buying frenzy.