September 30, 2014 | 1165 users online

Conditioner - LUSH - Jungle

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2012 5:20:00 AM More reviews by pinkhoglet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love it, love it! When I put it in my hair, it doesn't seem to do anything. But then when I've dried my hair.....wow!
I used Redken for many many years, which is very expensive and tested on animals. Now I've got my Jungle-bar, which is sooooo much better. (& cheaper & not tested on animals) My hair is very long, thick and frizzy, but with Jungle it's so much softer, no frizz. And it doesn't leave my hair oily.
And of course....the smell....it's heaven....

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2012 1:02:00 AM More reviews by littlemj

If you like the scent of resale shops who burn incense or whatever to cover the smell of 2nd hand clothing, then you would like the hippie scent of this one. I am not a fan of the scent at all, but that's just a personal preference..

But ok, let's talk product. I have long, very thick, semi frizzy hair... and it was just way too much effort to get this pliable and workable. I probably wasted alot more water standing around in the shower to make this bar conditioner work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 6:44:00 PM More reviews by OMG3kids

I really love this conditioner. I have baby-thin, limp hair but this conditioner doesn't weigh it down. Bouncy and shiny after using this! I bought the tin, and store a cut in half cake of Jungle in my shower. Rub it on my hair like a bar of soap, or once it starts to kinda melt after a week or so I just scoop a tiny bit out of the tin and use it like that. Cutting the cake in half is essential; it makes it last longer, and makes it easier to remove from the tin for use. My daughters use this conditioner too, and really like it. Smells lovely!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2012 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Lucyrosee

Was recommended by a lot of people - and the sales reps in store that this was the go-to solid conditioner... but I didn't think much of it. I usually use it once a month with Lush's BIG Shampoo and I find that Jungle doesn't give my hair as much conditioning as it needs and usually combine it with my shop-bought conditioners. It's a shame, I love the idea, smell and look of this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2012 6:51:00 AM More reviews by jetdelumiere

i bought it twice, i don't know why except from the smell, it didn't made my hair more manageable like a reguler drugstore conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2012 11:11:00 AM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bought this on a whim, to try something new.

And I am in love. Didn't expect to be so wowed by it. I am using this in conjunction with Lush's "Trichomania" bar, and a little R & B for leave in ....

My hair hasn't looked this good in years. (See my other reviews, if interested.)

This bar, especially, even more so than the Trichomania, takes some getting used to. It is indeed hard to tell how much to use. I just slather between my hands, rub through my hair, and then use the bar throughout, and it works fine. It just seems strange at first.

The results are amazing. My hair is thoroughly hydrated, and it even looks good on waking the next day. This to me was the deal maker. I haven't woken to a beautiful head of hair in many years, usually I have lumps and bumps and the whole tossled bed head look passed a long time ago.

No more.

Also been using this on my legs for shaving. PURE HEAVEN for the silkiest shave imaginable.

Totally smitten with the "Trichomania-Jungle-R & B" combination, and I give all three my highest recommendations.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2012 6:58:00 AM More reviews by cete

I've been using Jungle for about 2 years now. I like the fact that it now comes as shaped bars that fit in the aluminium travel tin, instead of slab chunks as it used to. I've been trying to eradicate plastic bottles from my bathroom and was pleased to find that the Lush shampoo and conditioner bars generally have worked out well for me. I use the Seanik shampoo bar, still, and find this conditioner a good complement for glossy, manageable hair. I'm giving it a 4 because my hair does go a bit limp at the end of the day, and I find I don't need to use it every day because it is pretty rich.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2012 7:31:00 AM More reviews by kaatiex

I really wanted to like LUSH's Jungle Conditioner bar- but it was SO hard to work with. I would have to rub it in my hands for five minutes before working up enough liquid conditioner to work through my hair. My hair is short, barely shoulder length, and it would take working the bar through my hair over and over just to coat my hair.
The smell was good, not overpowering, and combined with LUSH's Karma Komba shampoo bar my hair smelt delicious after washing.
For 2.95 in the UK it's a fantastic price and it would have been a fantastic product for me had I been able to actually work with it. I've given three lipsticks overall, because it is good value and it did condition my hair well, but it was so hard and time-consuming to work with. I won't be repurchasing this particular conditioner from LUSH again- but plan on trying some of the other more liquid forms :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2012 3:37:00 AM More reviews by hoku

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall: 3

Price: 2 ($7.95 CAN)

Packaging: 2

Buy again: yes

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm surprised I like this as much as I do. It did take me a little while to get used to this though. When I first bought it I applied too many strokes to my hair and overdid it, I guess, so my hair felt weighed down and heavy. THe next time I tried it, I rubbed it back and forth across my wet hand a few times, applied that to the ends of my hair and then rubbed only 3 strokes on the top of my hair and then 1 stroke down the length of my hair. I rub it in a little, finger combing to ends, and then rinse. It helps hydrate my fine hair just enough from the solid shampoos to get rid of frizziness, and prevent dryness at the ends.

So, lesson learned: less is more.

I like the smell -- wish it was stronger! I love the idea behind the solid conditioner and shampoos, as they would be great for travel or camping. I don't either very often, so for me,I just love them for daily usage, and they are great.

EDIT: 01.08.2013

So after using Jungle for a while as described as above, I was noticing it was weighing down my hair and then my hair got obscenely greasy... so I stopped using it for a while. Now that it's winter and my hair is in need of a little TLC, I brought this out again and use it differently.

What I do now is scrape about maybe 1/8 of a tsp of the jungle bar into my hands and rub my wet hands together to form a conditioner paste. I rub the paste at my ends first, and whatever is left I massage into my scalp/rest of my hair. I let it sit while I do the rest of my shower, and when I rinse, my hair instantly feels more hydrated, stronger, and has more body/bounce. Love!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2012 12:15:00 AM More reviews by princess2010

This is my HG conditioner along with LUSH's Retread. I rotate them. Jungle has been my go too for a few years now. I adore the smell so much. I have long, dry, curly hair that is VERY thick. This really helps tame my curls and make them shiny and defined. Here's my tip though. I take an old LUSH container or you can use a small rubbermaid container and I cut half the jungle bar up in chucks then add boiling hot water up to the top. I stir it around and let it sit overnight. In the morning it's an awesome cream conditioner that's easy to apply. You shouldn't make a huge container of it since there aren't preservatives in the product. I try to make sure I have several bars of Jungle on hand at all times. I would hate to ever be without it so I pray LUSH never discontinues it!