LUSH Jungle

3.3

Cocoa Butter, Cetearyl Alcohol and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Avocado Extract, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Perfume, Soya Lecithin, Figs, Bananas, Passion Fruit, Kumquats, Kiwi Fruit, Cetrimonium Bromide, Ylang Ylang Oil, Vetivert Oil, Cypress Oil, Sandalwood Oil, Chlorophyll, Limonene, Linalool

on 2/16/2013 11:20:00 AM

I really like this product. I just LOVE the green earthy tropical scent and the fact that this scent stays on my hair for ages.
It's quite easy to use, just cream it up in your hands and run those hands through your hair. It instantly detangles mine and makes it easy to manage without making it too greasy. I must add that my hair barely needs any conditioning, so people with drier hair might not like this as much.
I took one lippie off because I find it very difficult to store. It easily melts when becoming too hot. I'm considering to mix it with boiling water in an empty Lush tub, like some reviewers here have sugested.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This is the first solid conditioner I have ever tried, and honestly, I don't think I'll ever try another one. It really didn't help my hair feel any softer, or look any smoother. I might as well not even condition. I like the scent, so I'll give it 2 points for that.

on 2/8/2013 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This was awful for my hair. After two weeks of using it my hair felt like straw, and it is only just getting back to normal now. Even though the bar was wearing away (which meant it was going onto my hair), I did not feel as if I had conditioned my hair at all. It felt like I had just shampooed and left it. Do not use this if you have even slightly dry hair!

Once I decided to stop using it, I left it in the bathroom for a few days. I came home the other day and it had melted!

on 11/29/2012 8:37:00 AM

I really like the idea of a solid conditioner, and have been using the shampoo bars from Lush for a while. This conditioner left me wanting more. It was difficult to use, provided no lather or any indication that it was even on my hair. I loved the smell, but after use, my hair ended up more tangled than before. I spoke to a report at Lush who said it may work best to crumble some off the bar and mix with water, but even that mixture left my hair tangled and dry. I would much rather use a good liquid conditioner than this product.

on 11/11/2012 8:00:00 AM

Awful on my hair! absolutely no foam so it's very hard to spread on your hair, feels more like wax. I actually took it back to the store.

on 10/27/2012 3:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This was absolutely awful on my hair. I tried using it initially in bar form, but the ends of my hair felt crunchy, like I hadn't used anything. After reading reviews on here I grated some and poured boiling water over it to make a cream. I only used as much as I needed to in cooperate it though my hair, but the results were terrible. I had wiry, coated doll hair and terrible canopy frizz. I think my hair just doesn't like butters or oils. I had to shampoo twice and use hot water to get my hair feeling like normal again.

It seems like I like the idea of Lush more than I like any of their actual products.

on 9/10/2012 11:07:00 AM

I've used this product before but wasn't impressed. After screening MUA reviews for "most helpful" and consulting a LUSH sales representative, I found out a way to make it work.

First I chop up the solid conditioner puck very finely with a sharp knife. While I am doing this I boil some water. As the water boils, I keep chopping everything up really finely -- the bits should be about half the size of raisins. I put all of the bits into an empty LUSH hair conditioner tub -- I used the H'Suan Wen Hua tub -- and then I pour the water over the solid conditioner. Keep pouring the hot water in until it comes up half an inch over the solid conditioner. Put the lid on the tub and leave it somewhere undisturbed overnight. The next day, open the tub and stir the contents. I found that there was a solid layer of... wax/cocoa butter(?)... floating on top. If this happens, add a bit more boiling water to the conditioner, stir it and leave it overnight again.

OK... now that you've had time (made time) to play with your conditioner, it should have the consistency of mashed avocado and you can use it.

I did not buy "Jungle" for detangling my hair, I have extremely straight hair that does not tangle when I shampoo it. What I need is a conditioner that moisturises my hair because my ends are dry (my scalp is oily). Lush's "Jungle" solid conditioner does that. I scoop a teaspoon of the melted conditioner out of the tub and rub it on the ends of my hair. I love the smell, which lingers after my hair dries. I find that after using this product for two days, my hair does not break off as easily when I brush it, it is also softer and moisturised.

Even though this product is really fussy to prepare, I will buy it again and again.

on 8/29/2012 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm writing this review only after I used up the whole bar (look a little over a month). So I've had the opportunity to experiment using it different ways.

That being said I did not like Jungle. I found it did nothing for my thick, dry, frizzy hair. Once out of the shower my hair is left a tangled mess that takes more effort than it should when using a conditioner to brush out.

I think it would be ok for people with normal to thin hair but for us thick haired girls, there are much better products out there.

on 7/13/2012 5:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love it, love it! When I put it in my hair, it doesn't seem to do anything. But then when I've dried my hair.....wow!
I used Redken for many many years, which is very expensive and tested on animals. Now I've got my Jungle-bar, which is sooooo much better. (& cheaper & not tested on animals) My hair is very long, thick and frizzy, but with Jungle it's so much softer, no frizz. And it doesn't leave my hair oily.
And of course....the smell....it's heaven....

on 6/23/2012 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

If you like the scent of resale shops who burn incense or whatever to cover the smell of 2nd hand clothing, then you would like the hippie scent of this one. I am not a fan of the scent at all, but that's just a personal preference..

But ok, let's talk product. I have long, very thick, semi frizzy hair... and it was just way too much effort to get this pliable and workable. I probably wasted alot more water standing around in the shower to make this bar conditioner work for me.

Top Rated LUSH Products