November 28, 2014 | 1767 users online

Conditioner - LUSH - Jungle

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2012 11:07:00 AM More reviews by TheReviewLady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I've used this product before but wasn't impressed. After screening MUA reviews for "most helpful" and consulting a LUSH sales representative, I found out a way to make it work.

First I chop up the solid conditioner puck very finely with a sharp knife. While I am doing this I boil some water. As the water boils, I keep chopping everything up really finely -- the bits should be about half the size of raisins. I put all of the bits into an empty LUSH hair conditioner tub -- I used the H'Suan Wen Hua tub -- and then I pour the water over the solid conditioner. Keep pouring the hot water in until it comes up half an inch over the solid conditioner. Put the lid on the tub and leave it somewhere undisturbed overnight. The next day, open the tub and stir the contents. I found that there was a solid layer of... wax/cocoa butter(?)... floating on top. If this happens, add a bit more boiling water to the conditioner, stir it and leave it overnight again.

OK... now that you've had time (made time) to play with your conditioner, it should have the consistency of mashed avocado and you can use it.

I did not buy "Jungle" for detangling my hair, I have extremely straight hair that does not tangle when I shampoo it. What I need is a conditioner that moisturises my hair because my ends are dry (my scalp is oily). Lush's "Jungle" solid conditioner does that. I scoop a teaspoon of the melted conditioner out of the tub and rub it on the ends of my hair. I love the smell, which lingers after my hair dries. I find that after using this product for two days, my hair does not break off as easily when I brush it, it is also softer and moisturised.

Even though this product is really fussy to prepare, I will buy it again and again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2012 9:17:00 AM More reviews by Mellieb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm writing this review only after I used up the whole bar (look a little over a month). So I've had the opportunity to experiment using it different ways.

That being said I did not like Jungle. I found it did nothing for my thick, dry, frizzy hair. Once out of the shower my hair is left a tangled mess that takes more effort than it should when using a conditioner to brush out.

I think it would be ok for people with normal to thin hair but for us thick haired girls, there are much better products out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2012 5:20:00 AM More reviews by pinkhoglet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love it, love it! When I put it in my hair, it doesn't seem to do anything. But then when I've dried my hair.....wow!
I used Redken for many many years, which is very expensive and tested on animals. Now I've got my Jungle-bar, which is sooooo much better. (& cheaper & not tested on animals) My hair is very long, thick and frizzy, but with Jungle it's so much softer, no frizz. And it doesn't leave my hair oily.
And of course....the smell....it's heaven....

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2012 1:02:00 AM More reviews by littlemj

If you like the scent of resale shops who burn incense or whatever to cover the smell of 2nd hand clothing, then you would like the hippie scent of this one. I am not a fan of the scent at all, but that's just a personal preference..

But ok, let's talk product. I have long, very thick, semi frizzy hair... and it was just way too much effort to get this pliable and workable. I probably wasted alot more water standing around in the shower to make this bar conditioner work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 6:44:00 PM More reviews by OMG3kids

I really love this conditioner. I have baby-thin, limp hair but this conditioner doesn't weigh it down. Bouncy and shiny after using this! I bought the tin, and store a cut in half cake of Jungle in my shower. Rub it on my hair like a bar of soap, or once it starts to kinda melt after a week or so I just scoop a tiny bit out of the tin and use it like that. Cutting the cake in half is essential; it makes it last longer, and makes it easier to remove from the tin for use. My daughters use this conditioner too, and really like it. Smells lovely!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2012 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Lucyrosee

Was recommended by a lot of people - and the sales reps in store that this was the go-to solid conditioner... but I didn't think much of it. I usually use it once a month with Lush's BIG Shampoo and I find that Jungle doesn't give my hair as much conditioning as it needs and usually combine it with my shop-bought conditioners. It's a shame, I love the idea, smell and look of this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2012 6:51:00 AM More reviews by jetdelumiere

i bought it twice, i don't know why except from the smell, it didn't made my hair more manageable like a reguler drugstore conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2012 11:11:00 AM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bought this on a whim, to try something new.

And I am in love. Didn't expect to be so wowed by it. I am using this in conjunction with Lush's "Trichomania" bar, and a little R & B for leave in ....

My hair hasn't looked this good in years. (See my other reviews, if interested.)

This bar, especially, even more so than the Trichomania, takes some getting used to. It is indeed hard to tell how much to use. I just slather between my hands, rub through my hair, and then use the bar throughout, and it works fine. It just seems strange at first.

The results are amazing. My hair is thoroughly hydrated, and it even looks good on waking the next day. This to me was the deal maker. I haven't woken to a beautiful head of hair in many years, usually I have lumps and bumps and the whole tossled bed head look passed a long time ago.

No more.

Also been using this on my legs for shaving. PURE HEAVEN for the silkiest shave imaginable.

Totally smitten with the "Trichomania-Jungle-R & B" combination, and I give all three my highest recommendations.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2012 6:58:00 AM More reviews by cete

I've been using Jungle for about 2 years now. I like the fact that it now comes as shaped bars that fit in the aluminium travel tin, instead of slab chunks as it used to. I've been trying to eradicate plastic bottles from my bathroom and was pleased to find that the Lush shampoo and conditioner bars generally have worked out well for me. I use the Seanik shampoo bar, still, and find this conditioner a good complement for glossy, manageable hair. I'm giving it a 4 because my hair does go a bit limp at the end of the day, and I find I don't need to use it every day because it is pretty rich.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2012 7:31:00 AM More reviews by kaatiex

I really wanted to like LUSH's Jungle Conditioner bar- but it was SO hard to work with. I would have to rub it in my hands for five minutes before working up enough liquid conditioner to work through my hair. My hair is short, barely shoulder length, and it would take working the bar through my hair over and over just to coat my hair.
The smell was good, not overpowering, and combined with LUSH's Karma Komba shampoo bar my hair smelt delicious after washing.
For 2.95 in the UK it's a fantastic price and it would have been a fantastic product for me had I been able to actually work with it. I've given three lipsticks overall, because it is good value and it did condition my hair well, but it was so hard and time-consuming to work with. I won't be repurchasing this particular conditioner from LUSH again- but plan on trying some of the other more liquid forms :)