Clinique High Impact Mascara

3.6

water, copernicia cerifera (caranuba) wax, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate, polyisobutene, silica, acrylates copolymer, aminomethyl propanediol, vp/eicosene copolymer, sodium hyaluronate, lauroyl lysine, pantethine, melanin, panthenol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, ethylhexylglycerin, hydroxyethylcellulose, calcium aluminum borosilicate, pvp, propylene clycol, acacia senegal gum, isostearic acid, simethicone, dimethicone peg-8 polyacrylate, urea, disodium edta, bht, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), aluminum powder (ci 77000), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), bronze powder (ci 77400), ultramarines (ci 77007), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)] [iln 30012]

on 9/6/2014 12:45:00 AM

I was so excited to buy this and...im so disappointed. For the money its one of the worst I bought. The Clinique curling one is so much better, I don't know why i changed. It does absolutely nothing, no volume length or ...anything. i don't know their return policy (i bought it in another state while on holiday) but i cant stand the hassle. keep your money and ask for samples. no samples, shop somewhere else

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I received this mascara in a gift with purchase. Due to the actual price, ($16.50) I would not repurchase, but it was a very nice mascara. After having tried Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara years ago and having a horrible experience with it (the mascara ran into my eyes if they watered just a tiny bit and burned HORRIBLY), I swore their mascaras off completely. I tried this product because one, it was free, and it was also a different formula. It is the perfect mascara if you like full, plush, and separated lashes, but you can also build up the thickness due to the formula's slow drying time. Not too slow, though. It have my lashes very good length, and thickness if I wanted it, or feathery, plush lashes, if that's the look I was going for. All in all, a great, adaptable mascara.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I only have the travel size in this as I got it as a gift for spending a certain amount of money. I have in 01 Black and it performs well on my lashes. The travel size covers my lashes well and gets almost all of them in one swoop. It works well for a base coat of mascara or on it's own. I don't like that it gets clumpy after more than one or two coats on the lashes but it's workable. On to the actual effect on my lashes: It distributes the color evenly and is very pigmented. It doesn't come off as a dark brown but a straight up black. It separates and lengthens my lashes without giving me a very "spidery" effect. Overall, I'd ask for it as a gift from someone. I don't know if I'd be willing to invest $16.50 for a full size.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

This actually left my lashes EXACTLY like my Maybelline's Great Lash Big Mascara. What I mean to say is: It separated and curled my eyelashes really nicely but did not make a great improvement in the length or volume of them. I actually had to top this with my trusty L'Oreal Telescopic mascara on the top and bottom lashes to really make them pop and look amazing.
Final thought: Not an extraordinary product and for the ridiculous high price this should make miracles! But it doesn't. Save your money ladies!

on 8/29/2014 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I feel that this mascara is not worth buying, and is way over priced. It truly is no better in quality than most of the mascaras that are sold in drugstores today.

on 8/27/2014 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is the best mascara I've found, and I have tried many expensive high end and drugstore mascaras. The formula is wet, not clumpy or sticky and is truly black without looking unnatural. It looks great on curled lashes. It does not irritate my sensitive skin or eyes. It isn't waterproof so it will run if it gets wet, but I don't like waterproof mascara anyways. I have purchased this many times and will continue to repurchase.

on 8/20/2014 8:52:00 PM

I had a lot of trouble with mascara up until I found this product. I tried many 'drugstore' products and they always irritated my eyes so much that I couldn't wait to get them off as soon as I put them on. I feel pretty happy with the finish of this mascara, no clumps and I do like the brush! I definitely recommend this product!

on 8/20/2014 12:36:00 PM

I have bought this mascara 6+ times. I like to play it up and buy different ones now and again but I keep going back to my high impact. It doesn't clump up, it gives nice length, but not to much volume, so if you want a voluminous mascara, I would not recommend high impact. The formula is the right consistency though, it isn't too thin or thick. One problem I do have with this product is it can dry up pretty fast, I usually replace my mascara every 3 months, and with high impact, at the 3 month mark, it pretty much becomes unusable. The price is not too bad, and it works. I would highly recommend

on 8/16/2014 3:09:00 AM

Not bad... But not a brilliant mascara. Ok for everyday use, lasts well during the day but a bit pricey for what you get. My search for the perfect mascara continues!

This is my second-favorite mascara by Clinique. My favorite is Lash Doubling by Clinique. Lash Doubling has a more watery formula and tends to last longer in the tube, so thus my preference for it. High Impact mascara, although tending to clump sooner in the tube, does make lashes look more numerous....visibly thicker where the lashes meet the lid/skin. It tends to last up to about two years in the tube, although as we all know, we are supposed to be throwing away our mascaras every few months.