April 23, 2014 | 1930 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - Creamy Moisturizing Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2011 1:21:00 AM More reviews by alauha94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's good stuff. It smells great and it absorbs quickly. Like it says, it is non-greasy. It does help soften and hydrate, but it's not quite the level of hydration that I need when my skin is dry. When I get mild dry patches during the fall/winter, this does not get rid of them. I wish it did because it works so well for everything else!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 12:52:00 AM More reviews by Ingrid2323

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

One word: YUM! The scent is light but extremely warm and delightfyl, of genuine almond oil and oatmeal.

This is not an oil, but a light, VERY quickly-absorbed lotion. I use it profusely on areas that aren't very dry, like arms, chest, and back, but stick to REAL oils and body butters and Eucerin Calming Cream on dry areas, like legs, feet, and hands. If you've come across a thicker, more lasting formulation of lotion with a scent like this one, please MESSAGE ME and let me know how I can get my hands on it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2011 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Luvablex0710

Great lotion! Keeps my skin feeling soft and smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2011 3:59:00 PM More reviews by limelipgloss

I just got this product for the first time, and I love it. I've always liked all of the Aveeno packaging, it's nice & not obnoxious looking. In addition to that, the prices are always reasonable, so when I saw the Creamy Moisturizing Oil for the first time I had to get it.

I get really dry hands all year round, and in the winter it's much worse. I have to moisturize every night at bedtime and frequently throughout the day. My usual hand cream just wasn't working as good anymore so I went out to look for something a little more moisturizing. This product has the texture of a lotion, but it's not as thick as a body butter. It went on easily and absorbed quickly, leaving my hands soft & satiny and smelling good. The scent is light and pretty. I don't like lotions that smell too "lotiony" or too nauseatingly sweet. This lotion contains almond oil and when I opened the bottle I could smell the fragrance of almond oil very lightly, but it's not very strong. The lotion leaves a more lightly sweet & pretty scent on the skin that isn't overpowering in the slightest.

I feel comfortable applying this lotion after every time I wash my hands because the scent is just perfect and not too strong or gross for me. This is a great lotion & I'll be using it on all of my dry skin throughout the winter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2011 1:06:00 PM More reviews by Jmberry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this lotion alot. The almond/vanilla smell is absolutely delicious. This isn't an oil like it says on the bottle, but a thin lotion that sort of emulsifies to an oil when you rub it in. It is not greasy at all and leaves my skin very soft. For very dry skin this may not be enough moisture. It never feels like enough for my hands, which tend to be very dry in winter, but for body it's great. I think this will be even better for summer as it's so lightweight. I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2010 11:33:00 AM More reviews by monkeytron

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Heaven! This lotion feels amazing. A little goes a long way, I find. I only need one pump for both arms and two for both legs. So the fact that it's a bit pricey is okay. That and the fact that it absorbs quickly and doesn't feel greasy even for a second! Don't let the name fool you, this doesn't feel oily, just light smooth and silky.
I got mine for around 7 dollars at Bed Bath and Beyond.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2010 7:14:00 PM More reviews by UHMANDUH9

Although this is a pretty pricey drugstore body lotion, it is worth every penny. It works for my dry elbows and knees. The smell is lovely.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2010 5:19:00 PM More reviews by kirstindoyle

Words can't describe how much I love this product! My mom randomly bought it for me a couple years ago in the fall, when my skin gets super dry. I was skeptical to use it because I thought it would be greasy, since it says it's an oil, but I was surprised to find that it wasn't greasy at all- it soaked right into my skin and kept it from getting flaky and itchy throughout the day. Best of all- it didn't take forever to soak in OR leave any sticky residue behind. It smells really good, too, like vanilla, and isn't at all overpowering. The consistency is runnier than most lotions, but I'd chalk that up to the oil. The only thing I don't really like about aveeno products is the price- I can pay up to $9 for a bottle of this if it's not on sale. I generally skip on this in the summer though as lotions tend to feel too heavy and sticky on my skin in the summertime with the heat and humidity.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2010 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

I usually avoid Aveeno products because I have oily skin to begin with and they felt TOO oily on my skin, but this one was fantastic! It goes on smoothly, absorbs remarkably quick (especially for an Aveeno product) and does help a lot with dry skin. I don't really know how long it lasts because I don't pay attention to those areas all that much, but I didn't see any peeling after a whole work-day so I suppose that's a great sign. Overall, a very nice product from Aveeno that doesn't overdo it like some of their other lotions.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2010 4:20:00 PM More reviews by emharrison

I love Aveeno stuff because it doesn't seem to be full of all the crap that most body lotions have. I use oils sometimes, but they often don't sink in so fast and I want quick drying action. I usually use Aveeno regular lotion, or just Vaseline lotions - I like Dove oil lotion, but I find it a bit heavy sometimes. We (in the UK) finally got the Creamy Oil formula, and boy is it great. Light but super moisturising, sinks in fast, smells great (marzipan). I will cry if they ever discontinue it.