December 22, 2014 | 1199 users online

Skincare - Face - Clinique - Acne Solutions Line (all products)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2012 1:20:00 AM More reviews by sophiapirie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I used this line a while back and I didn't like it much the cleaner didn't make me feel like my face was clean and the toner completely stripped my skin it felt horrible. the only thing I liked a little was the lotion cause it was some what effective and didnt dry me out. would never buy again. there are better acne products

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2012 9:18:00 PM More reviews by tassekuchen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have had oily, acne prone, and overall extremely sensitive skin all of my life. I am currently in my mid 30's and have used this Acne 3 step routine for over 10 years; I only use the acne line it in the summertime, since the heat activates my super oily skin and causes more breakouts than in the wintertime. In the winter, I use the normal Clinique 3 step routine. The Acne solid cleansing bar I do use all year round. It is the only product that I have been able to use and have my skin clear up, looking and feeling healthy again. It is a bit expensive, but worth it to me; I find that using a cotton ball makes the Clarifying Lotion last a lot longer. I will probably use this product for the rest of my life!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2012 10:09:00 AM More reviews by rynamyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I received a small sample of this set that includes the bar soap, toner & moisturizer. I used to suffer from a moderate amount of acne but it has mostly cleared up in the past year or so except during that time of the month. I decided to give these products a try during that time as I had a breakout around my chin & mouth. I'm not sure specifically which product is to blame, but I only used it for 3-4 days & my skin was so dry, tight & flaky... I didn't notice any difference in the blemishes at all. It's possible that long-term it might be a solution for breakouts, but for me I can't imagine continuing to use it given how terrible my skin feels. Would rather have a few blemishes than have my whole face feel this dry!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

After having great skin through my entire 20s' and early 30's, I was suddenly struck by acne from hell thanks to PCO. I am not a fan of acne products because I find that you have to keep using them to keep acne at bay. They don't offer any long-term benefits. However, I was so desperate.

This did start clearing my skin up quite quickly. The cleansing foam is quite gentle but when you follow it up with the clarifying lotion, you will still find quite a lot of dirt on your cotton pad. The SA told me it was the dead cells, but I'm not convinced the cleansing foam really cleans thoroughly. If you use sunscreen and have really greasy skin, I find that you can do without the moisturiser. The thing that really seems to make a difference is the clarifying lotion (toner) but that seems to get over much quicker than the other products, maybe because it contains alcohol that evaporates faster.

In the end, I stopped using it because it was too expensive to maintain the habit. I also got on to birth control pills which seemed to sort out the problem. These products seem to be a quick-fix solution but I would always urge people to look for long-term solutions to acne.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2012 5:36:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

I was using this stuff for about 3 years before I finally gave up and admitted to myself it wasnt working. Its expensive as all get out, and since it runs out so fast you are easily spending 100ish dollars every few months. The lotion that comes with it almost feels like its MORE drying than moisturizing. The whole system is extremely drying, which I found made my skin over produce oil, thus making it break out more. The short version:
*Cleanser leaves a lot to be desired
*Toner is way over drying
*Moisturizer does nothing to alleviate the over drying caused by the toner.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2012 3:46:00 PM More reviews by ak1982

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used this line for about 8-10 months. I also had to purchase the $45 moisture surge to use with it since it was very drying, so the whole thing cost me over $100 every two months - that's $600-700 per year, it's A LOT to spend on skin products. At first I had great results and loved the products, but after a while it was drying out my skin to the point that it (1) hurt and (2) I started getting super oily and breaking out again so I stopped using this. Even though it got rid of my acne at first, in the end I feel like it ruined my skin. I've never had dry skin like I had with these products and I was worried I would start getting pre-mature wrinkles because of it!!!

The reason that I gave this line 1 star instead of 0 is because I still use the toner since it keeps the oil and acne at bay, but i use a super gentle cleaner and light moisturizer so my skin doesn't get dried out or irritated.

I wouldn't use this line again or recommend it (except for the toner of course).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2012 3:34:00 PM More reviews by ksasi04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

These acne products are very gentle on my skin and worked very quickly to get rid of my blemishes. They weren't over-drying, but I wish it came with a better moisturizer like the Moisture Surge. That worked really well with this kit, by the way. Anyway, highly recommended!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/29/2012 5:44:00 AM More reviews by dtrautz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

After using product after product from Proactiv to every acne scrub, cleanser, mask in the drug store, I decided to try Clinique's Acne Solution Line. The lady at the counter said that it will work wonders for my skin.. I have moderate acne and tons of cystic acne around that time of the month, so I was desperate. It dried my face out so badly that it was flaking even when I bought the extra Clinique moisturizer. It did nothing for me, my acne was just as bad when I finished the entire bottles of the set. And my face was dried out worse than it's ever been. That was a few months ago and I am still suffering from extreme dryness thanks to it. Do not buy it just because its from Macy's, the lady at the counter swears by it, and because its "higher class" than drug store products!! Waste of money!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by xtasteofimpact

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Used when I had mild acne and oiliness, did nothing for my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2012 12:05:00 AM More reviews by kristy1077

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This skin care line has saved my skin. I have had issues with acne on and off for years and have tried many things. Nothing has worked as well as the clinique anti blemish system (acne solutions in the US).
I am reviewing this line as a whole. I use the cleansing foam, clarifying lotion and clearing moisturiser. I also use the oil control cleansing mask from this line, but only once a week.
A few years ago i used the foaming cleanser but used other products to tone and moisturise. The cleansing foam was not as effective when not used in combination with the rest of the clinique anti blemish line.
Since using this line my skin has cleared up and i am only dealing with issues i had before i started this line. I have had no new acne arise at all.
My skin feels very smooth and the little marks on my chin are starting to reduce.
I dont have severe acne but i seemed to always have a couple of smaller ones and at least one cystic acne. As soon as one would go another would arise. They only appear on my chin. The rest of my face is fine apart from blackhead issues on my nose.
1) Cleansing foam - Leaves my skin feeling very fresh and clean. Has a slight cooling effect.
2) Clarifying lotion - You need to give this a good shake before use to ensure the bacteria fighting ingrediants are mixed in well. Easy to apply. I leave this to dry for about a minute before going onto the next step.
3) Clearing Moisturiser - Very light moisturiser. I believe it contains benzoyl peroxide to help fight and kill bacteria. It can be drying so i only use this on my problem area (chin). I need to use another moisturiser ontop of this and for the rest of my face.
4) I use ESTEE LAUDER swiss performing moisturiser to moisturise the rest of my face. Its a light moisturiser that i love. Its quite hard to find here (aus) but i manage to order it from the US for under $50 for 100ml. Im sure Cliniques DD would also be fine but i prefer the estee lauder one.
5) On any remaining bumps that are taking longer to go away i just add a benzoyl peroxide 2.5% cream directly onto it for two nights. No more than that or my skin dries out too much.
On another note my skin used to react really badly to benzoyl peroxide when i was in my 20's. But now my skin is fine with it and how its used in the clinique anti blemish line.
UPDATE:
I have added to this review and revised the lippies down because after a month of use this line has made blemishes appear in areas that i had always been blemish free. I have worked out it is from the use of Salicylic Acid in the cleanser and claryfying lotion. My skin does not like this ingrediant at all. I still use the cleanser for about 10sec and then use Clarins Toner and Benzac AC benzyl peroxide gel followed my Estee Lauder Swiss Performance Extract. This combination is working really well on my skin.

I think the Anti Blemish line would work well if your skin can handle the Salicylic Acid, unfortunatley mine does not.