July 25, 2014 | 1738 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Midnight Cowboy Rides Again

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2011 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Calicokatie

We all know about UD and their super glittery eye shadows. This is definitely one of them. So, if you aren't in the market for a glittery eye shadow, stay away from this one. The color is nice and neutral, and I go to this when I'm feeling a neutral look. One of the drier UD shadows, but never chalky.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2011 10:01:00 PM More reviews by careypiper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Know that this is a Glitter-Bomb of a eyeshadow and I'm reviewing as such. I like glitter and I like natural eye shadows, so this holds a special place in that very small category. I would probably would never wear this eyeshadow out but if I need a pretty, glitter-bomb of an eyeshadow this would be it.

Midnight Cowboy Rides Again (golden beige w/ bronze, gold & silver glitter) brings out my inner-child that just needs to come out every once in awhile.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2010 7:16:00 AM More reviews by ninadg2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Ok everyone knows this one has tons of glitter. If you're not into glitter you won't like it anyway. BUT considering it's a glitter e/s, I think the colour makes it more wearable and I reach for it when I feel like something a little more sparkly. Worn with UD chopper and twice baked, it's a really pretty neutral eye that doesn't go over the top. As far as fallout, I use it damp with MUFE sealant or visine, over UDPP and I'll just get a few specks on my cheek but I can still wear it safely with contacts.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2010 12:17:00 AM More reviews by RaqqStarr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this color... I can agree with most people that say there is a lot of glitter fallout but I've tried some different methods that have worked somewhat I've used Pixie Epoxy from Fyrinnae which u can get at fyrinnae.com and sort of pat swipe it on and it sticks pretty good with that I had pretty much no fallout or I applied it with a damp brush which helped it also.. anyways to the color it's like a light golden beige with silver and gold glitter.. I love to use this as a lid color with twice baked or chopper in my crease for a glittery neutral eye.. I got mine from the Skull Shadow box palette and it's running out fast I would buy it again just not at full price... Mainly cuz I'm a cheapo lol.

Hope this helps!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2010 3:21:00 PM More reviews by nakeeyark

I got sent a little sample of this by Sephora with my purchase, and as a general rule of thumb I love certain Urban Decay eyeshadows: the ones without glitter. Midnight Cowboy Rides Again looks so promising, as it is a neutral light tan that complements my skintone nicely. And yet the GLITTER. I don't need to go into very much detail as other reviewers have already stated the obvious, but there is a difference between glitter in makeup, and glitter in makeup that doesn't stay in makeup, and instead falls all over your face throughout the day. This happened so much so that my partner took one look at my face and told me I was sparkling everywhere, and not in that ethereal and glowy lit-from-within way that I love, but in the "Good God, woman, you look like a disco ball!" kind of way that I hate. It is a wonderful color, and the texture is beautifully creamy, but Midnight Cowboy Rides Again ultimately fails. I will not purchase this eyeshadow.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2010 3:59:00 PM More reviews by DazyDoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is such a lovely shadow but as others have said, it goes a little overboard on the glitter. It has a bit of a gritty feel to it, especially at the end of the night!
Now, i bought this because i'm a glitter fan, so i have no cause to complain about that. Using UDPP and MAC paint/pots/CCB together, sticks this stuff pretty fast to the old eyelid. Layer it with the 239 and fallout is *fairly* minimal. Staying power is great when done this way, the colour compliments my hazel eyes but reach for appeal is so/so.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2010 8:14:00 PM More reviews by ramonesmuchacha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I seriously hate this eyeshadow more than I dislike ones with no color payoff (which is a lot b/c I definitely dislike those). The glitter fallout is TERRIBLE.. I still wind up with a ton of glitter on my face even if I beat the crap out of my brush to get the fallout off before it touches my face, and not much color at all. =(. Seriously has to be UD's WORST eyeshadow, and I hate that it comes in ALL the Book of Shadows =|

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2010 7:28:00 PM More reviews by jod84

i hate this shadow it's so shimmery. only buy this if you want to look like a disco ball

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2010 9:48:00 AM More reviews by nucturn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really hate this eyeshadow. It came with every book of shadows and I really dislike the glitter fallout. I would love the color if not for the glitter. I have to clean the fallout every time I try using it and then end up removing everything in frustration. This just doesn't work for me. It's too much glitter! why can't they make the glitter into fine smaller bits so it won't be too much fallout!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2010 3:36:00 PM More reviews by jejkim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

If you love neutral sparkly shadows, this one's for you! Midnight Cowboy Rides again is a golden beige sparkly shadow. It swatches a completely different color from Midnight Cowboy. The color is gorgeous. Only prob is the massive glitter fallout. Despite the one flaw, it's a great shadow: just change up your makeup routine to eliminate the fallout or incorporate it into your look: for night looks, just applying this and letting the shimmer fall onto your cheekbones looks heavenly.

I've been eyeing this color for a while but didn't purchase it until I found a good price: rock-the-catwalk.com. Got it at a ridiculously good price and love it!