Paul Mitchell Shampoo Three

4.3

Not tested on animals

Water (Eau, Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Urea, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Thiosulfate, Bisamino PEG/PPG 41/3 Aminoethyl PG Propyl Dimethicone, Glutamine, Tyrosine (L-Tyrosine), Leucine, Cysteine HCl, Glycine, Symphytum Officinale (Comfrey Root), Plantago Major, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Germ) Protein, PEG 12 Dimethicone, Sodium Borate, Sulfated Castor Oil, Magnesium Carbonate (CI 77713), Tetrasodium EDTA, Trisodium EDTA, Disodium EDTA (Copper), Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Magnesium Chloride, Magnesium Nitrate, Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

In my opinion, this is the best claifying shampoo on the market. I have bought it serveral times now, and each time it performs the same: with just one wash, I get great bouncy, clean(!), shiney and frizz-free hair.

I use this shampoo about once a week because I use products for my ends that contain silicones (duh). Three removes the silicones and makes hair really healthy.

Works well on hair that suffers the after-effects of antibiotics, too.

Only thing negative about it could be the price, but after torturing my hair with Pantene and spending big bucks in the salon to rescue it again, I'll glady pay the money. It's so worth it in the end.

on 5/29/2006 3:22:00 PM

I bought this shampoo at the recommendation of the salesgirl at my local beauty supply store last year. That was the first and last time I ever asked for her opinion. I just can't stand the smell when I was my hair with it. It smells decent enough in the bottle, but once it hits my hair, it's just awful. I thought it was because of the chemical services I do to my hair, but I asked my friend to use it on her virgin hair and it had the same horrendous smell! Wet dog, as a the reviewers below mentioned, is an accurate description, but I don't know if that captures the full essence of its repugnance. It doesn't linger for too long so that's why I've tolerated for as long as I have, but I will never, ever touch this stuff again. It does a satisfactory job as a clarifying shampoo, however it is a bit too stripping for my taste. I only use it before deep conditioning to remove product residue, which I guess it does. I dread having to use it, but I hate wasting product. The smell is just too much of a turnoff for me to bear. I've simply had enough. I'm in search of a new clarifying shampoo. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

on 7/26/2005 12:15:00 PM

I love this shampoo- it did everything it was supposed to and more. I used it on my fine, oily hair after swimming and it removed all the chlorine completely! I love the scent of it (light and citrusy) and the texture of the shampoo itself: it's a very resilient gel, not liquidy. It has a nice lather, not too soapy and not too greasy. After I rinsed, however, the citrus scent was gone; it left behind a clean, just-washed scent. Of course my hair was amazingly clean when i got out of the shower, but after blow-drying, it was also completely frizz-free, shiny, and looked twice as thick! This is a perfect summer shampoo, because it removes chlorine and other "impurities" while it keeps frizz at bay in humid weather. Love it!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I tried this shampoo the other day, and it left my hair feeling very clean but not dehydrated. Nothing extraordinary, but it kept the frizzies at bay, which made me happy.

on 5/1/2005 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

A hair stylist sold this shampoo to me years ago when I requested a shampoo to remove chlorine from my hair after swimming. It turned out to be one of the worst shampoos I have ever used, and I switched stylists. This shampoo does not lather well, smells terrible (the reviewer who compares it to a wet dog smell is right), and leaves my hair feeling stripped, dry, and tangly. Yet, it does have EDTA to remove chlorine, so for more than four years I have been using it after swimming as well as an occasional clarifying shampoo. Now the 8-ounce bottle is almost gone, but I have to throw out the rest of it. According to Paula Begoun's book Don't Go Shopping for Hair-Care Products Without Me, this shampoo contains ingredients that can strip hair color, and I just highlighted my hair yesterday. At least I finally have an excuse to get rid of this terrible shampoo.

Ingredients: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Urea, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Thiosulfate, Bisamino PEG/PPG-41/3 Aminoethyl PG-Propyl Dimethicone/Glutamine/Tyrosine/Leusine/Cysteine/Glycine/Comfrey/Plantain/Wheat Protein/PEG-12 Dimethicone, Sodium Borate, Sulfated Castor Oil, Magnesium Carbonate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Trisodium HEDTA, Disodium EDTA-Copper, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbarnate, Fragrance. continued >>

on 4/27/2005 8:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Great clarifying shampoo. Unlike the reviewer below, I think it smells fab. Citrusy and fruity but not in a super sweet gross way. Leaves hair super clean without feeling stripped.

on 12/30/2003 5:52:00 PM

This shampoo is good to use like once per week. I use it especially if I've exposed my hair to chlorine. It keeps my bleach blonde hair from turning green.

on 8/25/2003 10:49:00 PM

This clarifying shampoo is really good. Twice a week use a big dollop and scrub for a couple minutes and rinse well. My conditioner absorbs so much better and it keeps the buildup and dandruff away. I use Matrix Sleek.look with is heavy stuff, so if you use a lot of products to weigh down frizzy hair, this is a must to get your hair super-clean but without that rough feeling. One slight downfall for those scent sensitive: your hair will smell like a wet dog while you are shampooing. However, after you rinse the smell is completely gone...there's only a lingering "clean" scent.