December 20, 2014 | 969 users online

Fragrances - Elizabeth Arden - Sunflowers

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2011 8:14:00 PM More reviews by pawnshop_rose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to wear this all the time in the 1990's. I was feeling a little nostalgic recently and decided to revisit this scent. One spritz and it was like I was back in high school. It still has the same wonderful bright fruity/floral scent and the guys still love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2011 7:46:00 PM More reviews by workingmoma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Red, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Nice packaging. Smells great, I give it to my Mom every Mother's day. She absolutely loves it, so obviously I have repurchased it many times. It has a floral scent so you like floral you will like it too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2011 7:21:00 PM More reviews by CoconutCutie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Such a happy fragrance! This smell has so many memories for me. It's funny because it's instantly recognizable too. Whenever I wear it someone says, "OMGosh, someone is wearing Sunflowers..." long after I can't even smell it anymore. I get positive responses when I wear it so it must jive with my chemistry.

So sunshiney!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2011 5:48:00 PM More reviews by joaquina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Funny how you either love Sunflowers or hate it. There is no middle ground. And that makes it all the more fun.

Men seem to adore this fragrance on women (the women that can pull it off due to their PH). Really, go around and ask, you'll see...

I for one, love it. It's got that bittery sweetness to it that just seems to linger and it has an amazing staying power.

Takes me back to a time in my life when things were very sweet (the 90's) and how fulfilling is that? To wear a perfume that brings back great memories? And if the gents like it so much, all the more kudos to Sunflowers.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2010 12:09:00 AM More reviews by BoxOfRocks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I never did understand the appeal of this fragrance. To me, it smells like grass clippings that have gone slightly sour. It didn't outright stink to me or give me a headache (for that, I would have given it one lippie), but no way would I ever seek this out.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2010 3:43:00 AM More reviews by grrrrrr

What is WITH the hate for this fragrance? What happened to all the people who loved it during the nineties? Are they all dead and gone or did they grow up and don't like being reminded of a period when they were greener? I think there's this tendency to hate on the scents that were popular during a certain period (as well as strange gushing love for discontinued products), and I see this crazy hatred with CK One as well. Yes, this fragrance does bring up memories, but just try to appreciate it on its own golden, sunshiney merits. It has a oceanic, melony note with a hot, bright, golden burst that makes it reminiscent of a glorious day at the beach, or walking through a field of sunflowers with your hand trailing behind you. I find there's a calm, classy beauty in Sunflowers, something that's rare in fragrances these days that are so in-your-face with their nearly one-note, attention-seeking foody, candyish, or fruity scents (read: DKNY's Be Delicious, celeb frags like Britney Spears' Fantasy or Paris Hilton's Can Can). I am dearly fond of Sunflowers and all the memories it evokes, and can't wait to wear it more. I also find that the more you wear it, the more it starts to belong in the now. Lastly, there's a terrific solution to those who find it too strong- don't spray it on every single pulse point you can find like you would with DKNY's Be Delicious or other contemporary scents of its ilk- just spritz it once in the air and walk through the mist. That's it. Curb your urge to spray again.

18 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2010 3:00:00 AM More reviews by kathrynb23

I regretted buying this dearly! The scent was just too strong, the scent reminded me of spring hayfever, or a hazy afternoon. To me this scent is a form of sedation, put me right to sleep everytime I smell it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2010 4:15:00 PM More reviews by shinewin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is too strong and has an bitter after scent. Gives me headaches and it just doesn't smell good to me.
I won't buy it again. It's not too bad of a price, but I dont like the scent, does not smell like flowers or sunflowers, more like the stem of the sunflowers.

I am allergic to certain fragrance's scents, but I I mostly prefer floral over fruit or food. There's some fragrances that as soon as i smell it I start sneezing right away. Some example of scents I like are waterlily, lavendar, freesia, amber, jasmine, vanilla, orchid, and patchouli. Some that I don't like are grapefruit, passion fruit, pear, apple, anis, orange, peach, and strawberry. But usually it depends on how they are mix and the proportion they use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2010 1:42:00 AM More reviews by BlueSkiesAbove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a nice fragrance that I liked so much that i bought a second bottle. It reminds me of the 90's, a time when life was happy and free. I no longer wear it, however. The bottle is nice, its shaped like a sunflower seed, heh. Its a fresh, bright fragrance.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2010 1:03:00 AM More reviews by crickett85

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried Sunflowers recently for nostalgia. I remember when it came out. I just didn't remember what it smelled like.
To me this smells like air freshener. Very much a chemical smell. And I probably wouldn't use this even as an air freshener. I just don't like it.
The bad thing is...I had my son sniff this and he said "I like that one"...oh my! I wanted to give it two lippies just because he likes it. But I really DON'T like it...so one lippie stuck.