April 20, 2014 | 1390 users online

Fragrances - Elizabeth Arden - Sunflowers

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2010 3:43:00 AM More reviews by grrrrrr

What is WITH the hate for this fragrance? What happened to all the people who loved it during the nineties? Are they all dead and gone or did they grow up and don't like being reminded of a period when they were greener? I think there's this tendency to hate on the scents that were popular during a certain period (as well as strange gushing love for discontinued products), and I see this crazy hatred with CK One as well. Yes, this fragrance does bring up memories, but just try to appreciate it on its own golden, sunshiney merits. It has a oceanic, melony note with a hot, bright, golden burst that makes it reminiscent of a glorious day at the beach, or walking through a field of sunflowers with your hand trailing behind you. I find there's a calm, classy beauty in Sunflowers, something that's rare in fragrances these days that are so in-your-face with their nearly one-note, attention-seeking foody, candyish, or fruity scents (read: DKNY's Be Delicious, celeb frags like Britney Spears' Fantasy or Paris Hilton's Can Can). I am dearly fond of Sunflowers and all the memories it evokes, and can't wait to wear it more. I also find that the more you wear it, the more it starts to belong in the now. Lastly, there's a terrific solution to those who find it too strong- don't spray it on every single pulse point you can find like you would with DKNY's Be Delicious or other contemporary scents of its ilk- just spritz it once in the air and walk through the mist. That's it. Curb your urge to spray again.

18 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2010 3:00:00 AM More reviews by kathrynb23

I regretted buying this dearly! The scent was just too strong, the scent reminded me of spring hayfever, or a hazy afternoon. To me this scent is a form of sedation, put me right to sleep everytime I smell it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2010 4:15:00 PM More reviews by shinewin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is too strong and has an bitter after scent. Gives me headaches and it just doesn't smell good to me.
I won't buy it again. It's not too bad of a price, but I dont like the scent, does not smell like flowers or sunflowers, more like the stem of the sunflowers.

I am allergic to certain fragrance's scents, but I I mostly prefer floral over fruit or food. There's some fragrances that as soon as i smell it I start sneezing right away. Some example of scents I like are waterlily, lavendar, freesia, amber, jasmine, vanilla, orchid, and patchouli. Some that I don't like are grapefruit, passion fruit, pear, apple, anis, orange, peach, and strawberry. But usually it depends on how they are mix and the proportion they use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2010 1:42:00 AM More reviews by BlueSkiesAbove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a nice fragrance that I liked so much that i bought a second bottle. It reminds me of the 90's, a time when life was happy and free. I no longer wear it, however. The bottle is nice, its shaped like a sunflower seed, heh. Its a fresh, bright fragrance.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2010 1:03:00 AM More reviews by crickett85

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried Sunflowers recently for nostalgia. I remember when it came out. I just didn't remember what it smelled like.
To me this smells like air freshener. Very much a chemical smell. And I probably wouldn't use this even as an air freshener. I just don't like it.
The bad thing is...I had my son sniff this and he said "I like that one"...oh my! I wanted to give it two lippies just because he likes it. But I really DON'T like it...so one lippie stuck.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2010 7:27:00 PM More reviews by xenakkitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I put in general 2 lippies for my own taste...but then again I also gave it the additional 2 due to the fact that my mom just loves this scent! Also when I smell this I think of my mom in the summer...I know weird! :) I buy this for her every year to wear during the summer months. She loves the scent and honestly it does smell really good on her. She usually goes better with a more citrus scent (as far as perfumes go) than like a floral or green or musk...IDK if that helps at all...hope so! :) I'm more musk friendly and so this isn't really great on me.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2010 7:08:00 PM More reviews by ViviG

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this but you could get very sick of it if you wore it too often. There's a synthetic note that bugs me, but other than that I find it a very cool, almost aquatic scent. There's something fantastic in there that I can't name & that's the note that pulls me in and makes me forget about the things I don't like so much.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2009 3:46:00 AM More reviews by clairehair

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a lovely fresh smell and everytime I wear it, people comment how nice it is , not only that its dirt cheap. Its discontined in the UK and I have to wonder if it will be discontinued here in the US.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2009 1:57:00 PM More reviews by Ruby2003

This scent reminds me of a warm summer day. Very befitting of the name Sunflowers. This fragrance is strong, feminine and very sweet. I wore this as a teen and could never pull it off now. Reminiscent of teen summer romances and shamelous flirting.

"The top notes are composed of luminous lemon notes, rosewood, orange blossom, sweet juicy mandarin, bergamot, melon, and sweet peach.The heart brings notes of cyclamen, rose, pure jasmine, osmanthus and iris root. The sensual base is composed of musk, cedar, amber, moss and sandal wood. The joyous sunflowers make a nice contribution to this bright fragrance."

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2009 2:19:00 PM More reviews by Pasha8888

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I realize this is an old fragrance, but I get SO MANY compliments when I wear it. It totally goes with my chemistry. I used to wear it years ago, and now I'm back to it again. You can't always go with what's new or 'the in' fragrance if it doesn't smell good on you or go with your chemistry.
For me, this one's a keeper.