August 21, 2014 | 2128 users online

Fragrances - Elizabeth Arden - Red Door

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by glitteradi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this on me and my mom loved it too. I dont think it is anything offensive at all. It is unique. I really hate the modern fragrances that all smell the same light flowery blandness. This is soft and spicy. I am in heaven everytime my mom wears it, because I gave my bottle to her.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2012 2:02:00 AM More reviews by Pyrettablazed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

D-I-S-G-U-S-T-I-N-G. Even a minuscule drop makes me want to vomit. Men hate it even more! Worse than Obsession. Smells like moldy towels. Could go on and on about how offensive this is to the nose:) Sadly, I cannot give it less than 1 lippie!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2012 12:03:00 PM More reviews by kandrews580

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used to wear this in the 80's when women wore heavier fragrances, and really liked it. However that was (egads) 30 years ago. Now women wear lighter scents that are more natural, meaning scents found in nature (clean, floral, woodsy, vanilla, or musky scents). I really love the new fragrances. My mother remembered I wore Red Door and remembered I really liked it, however, I don't think she realized that was 30 years ago, and fragrances have evolved. But I wore it a couple times simply for old times sake. Imagine my suprise when my 16 year old son complimented my on it!!!! I thought he was going to say I smelled like an old lady that wears too much perfume, but no!!! He said that should be my signature fragrance. It is a really strong scent, not one to be worn daily at work. It's an adult fragrance...and is typically worn on an evening out. Be sure not to put on too much, a little can go a long ways. It's one of those "old-school-high-maintenance-women" scents, not a young girly scent. Shall I say highly sophisticated??

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2012 11:49:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My mom used to wear this and I didnít like this fragrance. Itís just a strong floral with no appeal. On to the next fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2012 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Magixz

For a EDT fragrance this one is a powerful stay with me scent. I really enjoy Elizabeth Arden fragrances and this one is a classic. I never really wanted to add it to my collection but when I passed it in the store, I would spray it on my hand or a paper, come home, and my hubby just loved it every time. Finally I purchased the smaller bottle just to have for him to enjoy and I am glad I did. It smells kind of like a fine soap to me but it is enjoyable. I think I would really like a perfume made of this. Now I want to try the other Red Door fragrances too but I never find those in any of the stores. For myself this one is a keeper and has a place in my fragrance wardrobe now. I would not label it as a Winter scent as some have said, but as an anytime scent when you want to smell clean, classy, and feminine.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2012 10:56:00 PM More reviews by eatmyshort

this fragrance has been around since ancient time. It has a powdery musk undertone. Baby powder is one of the most easiest fragrance to endure because that's what used for the most sensitive babies. I don't have a problem with this fragrance at all. I don't smell a lot of rotten fruits or sweet sugary stuff in it. It lasts and it doesn't induce a head ache so that's a plus for me. The price is quite affordable for the amount sold. A little goes a long way. Less is more. this fragrance works that way. I am just not that crazy about it because i haven't received compliments wearing it. I get more compliment wearing Very Sexy from Victoria's secret and they both kind of have a similar smell. I guess my natural skin isn't compatible with this fragrance

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 1:02:00 PM More reviews by flowerof59

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

One spritz on the small of your back & one spritz in your cleavage thats all thats required for this lovely powerhouse of creamy spicy roses and carnations.....this is a misunderstood fragrance ...oversprayed its a killer....but used sparingly it abs blooms to a lovely soft creamy spicey bouquet of carnations & roses...it always reminds me of weddings and the lovely fragrance of flowers used for these wonderful occasions ...its a happy fragrance ...& I love it!!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2012 1:03:00 AM More reviews by jelenaz

I really really disliked this perfume, I'd gotten a few samples of it and decided to finally try it. I washed it off after about half an hour because the smell was just horrid and smelt really mature. It's almost as bad as those cheap perfumes you get from the 2 dollar shop. Would definitely not recommend it for younger women, as i think it's more of a "grandma" perfume. It's like a whiff of talcum powder and really badly smelling flowers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by sensiblenails

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I think it's a pretty, sophisticated scent that I adore for going to work in an professional office environment. And that bottle is lovely.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by catwoman30

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Well I know I am in the minority but I adore this scent.I bought a little mini of the parfum and I'll admit:at first it was so strong and cloying.It instantly took me back to the 80s.Well I decided to give it another shot and something sure changed-I put a tiny drop on one wrist and pressed my other wrist to it....and it was wonderful.It does start off a bit strong but I like the actual smell.I get A LOT of honey out of it which is one of my favorite notes.The main floral I get is violet-not rose.It quickly becomes a honeyed violet on me and lasts forever.The drydown is just a warm honey scent.I really like this-I can see how even just one spray would be too much but a single drop is perfect:I can't even smell it unless my arm is 2 feet from my nose.A new favorite for sure...in fact with all the perfume I have this is the one I have reached for every time for the past couple of days.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No