April 20, 2014 | 1831 users online

Fragrances - Elizabeth Arden - Red Door

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2012 11:49:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My mom used to wear this and I didnít like this fragrance. Itís just a strong floral with no appeal. On to the next fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2012 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Magixz

For a EDT fragrance this one is a powerful stay with me scent. I really enjoy Elizabeth Arden fragrances and this one is a classic. I never really wanted to add it to my collection but when I passed it in the store, I would spray it on my hand or a paper, come home, and my hubby just loved it every time. Finally I purchased the smaller bottle just to have for him to enjoy and I am glad I did. It smells kind of like a fine soap to me but it is enjoyable. I think I would really like a perfume made of this. Now I want to try the other Red Door fragrances too but I never find those in any of the stores. For myself this one is a keeper and has a place in my fragrance wardrobe now. I would not label it as a Winter scent as some have said, but as an anytime scent when you want to smell clean, classy, and feminine.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2012 10:56:00 PM More reviews by eatmyshort

this fragrance has been around since ancient time. It has a powdery musk undertone. Baby powder is one of the most easiest fragrance to endure because that's what used for the most sensitive babies. I don't have a problem with this fragrance at all. I don't smell a lot of rotten fruits or sweet sugary stuff in it. It lasts and it doesn't induce a head ache so that's a plus for me. The price is quite affordable for the amount sold. A little goes a long way. Less is more. this fragrance works that way. I am just not that crazy about it because i haven't received compliments wearing it. I get more compliment wearing Very Sexy from Victoria's secret and they both kind of have a similar smell. I guess my natural skin isn't compatible with this fragrance

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 1:02:00 PM More reviews by flowerof59

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

One spritz on the small of your back & one spritz in your cleavage thats all thats required for this lovely powerhouse of creamy spicy roses and carnations.....this is a misunderstood fragrance ...oversprayed its a killer....but used sparingly it abs blooms to a lovely soft creamy spicey bouquet of carnations & roses...it always reminds me of weddings and the lovely fragrance of flowers used for these wonderful occasions ...its a happy fragrance ...& I love it!!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2012 1:03:00 AM More reviews by jelenaz

I really really disliked this perfume, I'd gotten a few samples of it and decided to finally try it. I washed it off after about half an hour because the smell was just horrid and smelt really mature. It's almost as bad as those cheap perfumes you get from the 2 dollar shop. Would definitely not recommend it for younger women, as i think it's more of a "grandma" perfume. It's like a whiff of talcum powder and really badly smelling flowers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by sensiblenails

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I think it's a pretty, sophisticated scent that I adore for going to work in an professional office environment. And that bottle is lovely.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by catwoman30

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Well I know I am in the minority but I adore this scent.I bought a little mini of the parfum and I'll admit:at first it was so strong and cloying.It instantly took me back to the 80s.Well I decided to give it another shot and something sure changed-I put a tiny drop on one wrist and pressed my other wrist to it....and it was wonderful.It does start off a bit strong but I like the actual smell.I get A LOT of honey out of it which is one of my favorite notes.The main floral I get is violet-not rose.It quickly becomes a honeyed violet on me and lasts forever.The drydown is just a warm honey scent.I really like this-I can see how even just one spray would be too much but a single drop is perfect:I can't even smell it unless my arm is 2 feet from my nose.A new favorite for sure...in fact with all the perfume I have this is the one I have reached for every time for the past couple of days.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2012 3:03:00 AM More reviews by emeraldlove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I liked this when I was in my late teens/early twenties but I can't remember why. All I remember was that somebody gave me this perfume and I liked it. About two years ago, I came across a 100ml bottle on sale and I bought it. Now the bottle sits on my drawer, only 1/5th of the contents used. The smell lasts long - sometimes at the end of the day, I can still smell this on me. It's still the same smell I liked before (and I still like it now) but I somehow don't like wearing it now. Funny how I really liked this smell when I was younger but now that I'm older I find the smell too mature for me. Maybe I'd wear this again in a few years time. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2012 9:18:00 PM More reviews by fragrancelover2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is all I wore when I was younger I used to obsess over this scent but I'm almost 40 now and I have discovered so many other lighter,fresher,sweeter fragrances now that tjmaxx and marshalls has them readily available at a good price I used to pay full price for this and I bought a bottle for 25.00 I still like it but it takes a lot out of me to wanna wear this its a good special occasion frag but not everyday. I think it has fallen into the classic scent category I'm done with Red door no matter how much they change the bottle lol!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2012 4:56:00 PM More reviews by darkskinsexylips

After knowing about this perfume for over 20 years, I finally started wearing it after receiving a bottle as a gift. I love this scent and I wear it nearly everyday. A girlfriend of mine wore it all the time in high school. I do consider this to be a more sophisicated scent, but that doesn't mean anything. Anyone can wear it. I think it smells beautiful, that is all that matters.