Elizabeth Arden Red Door

2.9

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

This is a high end fragrance that was very idealized at my household. Every woman in the family owned a bottle. It's a floral scent, a very strong one, that has amazing staying power. It smells great, very mature and refined.
I don't use it anymore since my taste in perfume has changed ( I now preffer the muskier vanilla- wooden scents), but I still recommend it. You can't go wrong with Red Door.

I don't get all the hate for this fragrance. Yes it is quite a dated scent, but applied sparingly is is just a sweet powdery fragrance. Not a sugary sweet like so many perfumes you can get today, but some sort of floral sweetness. It is quite cloying but it is not as offensive as Estee Lauder's Youth Dew (which catches in the back of the throat and can be smelled from several rooms away).

A lot of the bad reviews here mention someone the reviewer knew who wore way too much of it, hence the bad memories and bad reviews. Red Door is not something I would choose to wear myself but it is not a bad fragrance, I just prefer something less powdery.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I know I know. This scent is Strong and "makes you sick." I know what it's like because i'm one of those people who hates old lady perfumes and very synthetic and floral fragrances.
However, I do not think that few people could pull off the scent when used with caution.

I truly despise this perfume, and its not just because a strict former teacher wore it and wore A LOT of it. To me this is the quintessential bad "perfume smell" perfume that makes me feel ill when I smell it. I find nothing redeeming about it at all. Though, I do understand some people's references to it taking them back to simpler times in the 80's and 90's. I do get that. but I'd prefer to get a subtle whiff on my moms sweater and not actually wear it myself.

I am not sure which perfume I like less, this or Tresor by Lancome. Both are just terrible. I actually grew up hating perfume because i didn't know that perfume could actually smell good based on my grandmother and this teacher of mine. man. so bad.

Will always love this perfume, was my Aunt Doris(Doe Doe's) signature in the '90's when I was younger, so it's now a comfort fragrance for me when I am really down. Red Door is heavy on the red roses, honey, sandalwood and jasmine. Like it, hate it, whatever, it has now become a classic that takes many of us back to simpler, better times....

I think my mother-in-law secretly hates me. I got it for Christmas and I sprayed it once to test it. It gave me the worst migraine ever. The scent was also hard to get rid of. Once the fabric it touched came into contact with anything else, this vile scent latched on to anything else. Took a week before that horrid beast faded away.

If you like this stuff, please be aware it causes other people to get sick, seriously! Use with extreme caution!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this, but as some have said, it's not something I wear every day. I can normally find it on the cheap at an outlet or Marshalls-like store. It is a heavier scent that smells like a cross between a musk and a floral to me. If you like oriental scents, you may like this. If you like lighter, sweet, or true floral scents, probably not. The scent has good staying power. Every guy I've ever known has loved it. My last bottle broke in my gym bag and I haven't yet replaced it because I have a few other scents to work through, but every time I open my bag, I love the smell.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

smells like jam and rotten fruit - Yuk!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Worst perfume ever

i don't love this perfume, but don't hate it either. I bought a sample of it for about $5 just to try it out. It's for the older set, not for a very young person, but I was looking for something a little bit more mature, but not old lady. It's nothing that I would wear each day, but once in awhile it's okay.

Popular Fragrances