September 23, 2014 | 1113 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - BIG

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by realitydust

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Okay, for starters: Do not use daily. Don't use if you're concerned about your color-treated hair fading.
This shampoo is super clarifying, as others said. So it's good for maybe a weekly basis thorough cleaning (focus definitely on the roots, not your ends- you'll dry them up like nothing!). Because it strips your hair, it also strips your color fairly quickly so if you dye your hair, be cautious.
But some positives: I used this before I started coloring my hair, and it was great for clarifying especially after heavy product use throughout the week. It did provide some lift at my roots, especially if I massaged it well. Overall, my hair was quite soft and lifted/voluminous after using it, as long as I rinsed very well and followed with a good conditioner, lol.

But this shampoo just seems too high maintenance for me to deal with to ever repurchase it again. ALWAYS ask for a sample or buy a sample somewhere first, because this stuff is pretty expensive despite it lasting a while.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2013 1:53:00 AM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Whew, what a clarifying shampoo! Using it once (though I did try this three times before I returned it) made my hair so stripped, that conditioner and oils after could not salvage it. It felt like hay.
Very stripping, clarifying, and yes, while it was good for volume at the roots... It wasn't worth it. I didn't even run it through the ends or shaft of my hair, yet the entire lock felt stripped and in worsened condition afterwards.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2013 9:22:00 AM More reviews by amoenaonline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I originally bought BIG because I was curious about the salt grains in it. Nowadays I buy BIG because I like how it works. I wash my hair only twice a week and between washes I use a ton of dry shampoo and hair powders. I feel that they all build up on my scalp. And none of the other shampoos I have tried have washed that feeling away... But the salt grains in BIG seems to wash out all the build up too and both my hair and my scalp feel clean afterwards. I only use BIG every other though because it's pretty harsh and I am not sure if my hair can handle it. You definitely need lots of conditioner after using BIG!

//I have to change my review... I used couple jars of BIG and I started to feel that my hair was getting pretty dry and all that. I still like the shampoo... but I wouldn't use it as often as I did. Maybe just once a month or something. I took two lippies off.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Misspoiltes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

The packaging is not ideal, it comes in a tub and its not fun to take out with your hands. This stuff is a disappointment because it leaves my hair dry and my scalp itchy. I'm just not a fan of this, that's all. (I do love other Lush products, though!)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by DaniDaae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

leaves hair soft, shiny, strong, smells amazing and has a wonderfully unique texture. you scoop a few fingerfuls of shampoo from the pot, massage it into wet hair until most of the salt has dissolved then rinse and follow with any conditioner. I never have as great a hair day as when I've used this. My only issue is, I have very long, thick hair that weighs a tonne so this doesn't give it much volume, but I'm sure once my hair is cut, it won't have to battle so much with gravity!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by marie5324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this shampoo! I have very fine, oily hair. I had tried so many shampoos but my scalp was always visibly oily within 12 hours of washing. Big actually allows me to only have to wash once a week. I wouldn't recommend this if you are looking for a daily shampoo or if you have dry hair.

**Update** After using this product for a few months, it is no longer working for me. Even using it once a week, it dries my hair so badly that it ends up being greasier than ever just a few hours after showering. I'm going to use this as a leg and foot exfoliator just so I can use it up.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2013 10:33:00 AM More reviews by thechain

This is the best shampoo for fine/thin hair. EVER.

I have been searching my whole life for something that would give my hair volume. I have tried every combination of shampoos, root lifters, and hairsprays that you could imagine. But now I have Big.

I use Big most of the time, and always follow it with a conditioner (American Cream or Retread). My hair has never looked better.

It is a little expensive, but it is honestly worth every cent.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Dengail

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use Big about once a week for a good scalp cleansing. It is wonderful! I only use it on my scalp and roots area, using Irresistible Bliss on the rest of my hair. I found it a bit too drying for all my hair. I get good and wet and take just a big finger full and rub rub rub. I add more water as needed. It lathers well and gets my hair really clean and full of volume on top. It isn't frizzy. I smell my hair all day, it just smells very fresh and clean and even though I don't rub it into the ends, I can smell it there, along with the other shampoo scent. Mmmmm. I follow up with Retread, which I also use only with Big. The other days I use other solid shampoos and lighter conditioners. The tub will last me a year probably. My hair looks 17 again, lol.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by Lewellenkelli

It smells like beach and salt water. I can only use this about once a week to every other because it strips everything. It's kinda hard to apply first cause its not a normal shampoo but you get used to it. The salt feels very good on the scalp and leave your head squeaky clean. I've started mixing it with Cynthia Sylvia stout and it is awesome. It lathers a lot better and helps keep the salt on your scalp rather then slipping out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 7:22:00 AM More reviews by misscoutureland

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love love love it! girl at lush counter talked me into this shampoo and i am so glad that she did. It does seem expensive but you get a lot of product and you do not need a lot, it lathers easily. Added some volume to my thin hair but mostly left it feeling soft and clean.