September 30, 2014 | 1682 users online

Eyeliner - Smashbox - Cream Eyeliner in Smashing Caviar

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2008 10:21:00 PM More reviews by kyidmnmaiv

I prefer to line my eyes with black liner and no eyeshadow, and even with UD's Potion Primer, this is very smudgy, although, with the PP, it doesn't fade as badly. I got it as part of a kit, but I don't think I would ever buy this on its own.

Smashbox's packaging really bothers me. The matte black effect is really cool and feels great in your hands, but after a bit of abuse in my make-up bag, the matte stuff starts to roll off. Not pretty.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2008 10:04:00 PM More reviews by viciousvixen13

i really like the intensity that this product can give you. will repurchase

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2008 2:16:00 PM More reviews by hebamo

This eye liner isn't terrible but it's not the greatest either. I had a hard time working with it dries out quickly and I have to keep applying it on my brush. It smudges easily and wears off. I guess you could use it if you were going for a smokey look but it's pretty bad for making cat eye swoops.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2008 6:15:00 PM More reviews by daphanfamily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i prefer the Jet Set Liner for my rim eyeliner but what I do like about this Cream Eyeliner is when I put on fake eyelashes i use the cream eyeliner to make a line first on my eyelids then put on the lashes on top of the line I just drew then when the glue sets, then I draw another line on top of the lashes..it hides where the lashes starts perfectly without moving the lashes and without smudging all over my lids...to buy again!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2007 6:58:00 PM More reviews by golickaclown

I've never had this smudge. I dampen an angled brush, run it across the eyeliner, and apply. I don't even usually set it with anything, and it looks great. I'm surprised this smudges on everyone...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2007 6:46:00 PM More reviews by CaliBello

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got sick of pencils and reached for this cream liner. I forgot how creamy it was and it achieved a sexy heavy lid look for me. The color is just right and the formula is nicer than a soft pencil. Unfortunately, even with UDPP this smudges all over my lid throughout the day. Funny how it smudges but when I try to remove the mess off my lid, it won't budge!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2007 6:08:00 PM More reviews by addysmom

I do love these cream eyeliners form Smashbox. They do last better and do not smudge when you apply a powder (eyeshadow) and set it. I have several of the colors.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2007 8:25:00 PM More reviews by whitney88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I do love this eyeliner but the only problem is that throughout the day it does tend to wash away. It does smudge if you touch it. Regardless of that I do love this eyeliner. I just wish it would stay on throughout the day.I just brought MAC's Fluidline hoping this will have more staying power then this eyeliner.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2007 8:29:00 PM More reviews by Jhereg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

There's a lot to love about this product. It goes on creamy and I like having the work time. I usually wear dramatic makeup, and this stuff works great. I wish the color were blacker. If I get saucy and pile it on I can get it pretty dark, but MAC Fluidline is clearly a more dark black. It stays on well and doesnt flake (which MAC does).it's my go to el

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2007 1:35:00 PM More reviews by penelopemb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I first got a duo of the Cream Eyeliner as part of a larger set -- I believe it was Caviar and a different maroon shade, the name of which I can't recall. I loved it and it really turned me on to eyeliner applied with a brush -- I later tried MAC Fluid Line and found it a little too gel-like (hence difficult to control), and Stila Smudgepots, which I found way too dry in consistency.

When I ran out of the duo I purchased Caviar and Midnight Purple separately at Sephora. I believe this might have been reformulated because it's much more similar to the Smudgepots now -- much drier in consistency and not nearly the "pop" that I found before.

I'm very disappointed and won't purchase again. Looks like it's back to Fluid Line for me ...