November 27, 2014 | 1210 users online

Lotions/ Creams - TendSkin - Tend Skin

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2011 12:39:00 AM More reviews by TakenByHim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very thick hair and my bikini area is prone to irritation and itching after shaving. I don't wax because of the price. For years, I used a Sally Hansen anti-itch product that somewhat helped keep itchiness away but the smell was horrific and it would linger so I just had to try something new and I'm glad I did. Tend Skin really helps keep the itchiness away for me. It doesn't do that much for ingrown hair if that is your main concern but it decreases bumps a bit. It smells like rubbing alcohol but the smell doesn't linger or anything.I drip a very small amount onto a cotton pad and rub it onto the shaved area right after I get out of the shower. I do this every night for the next few nights following shaving (I shave about once every other week). Just make sure the shaved/waxed areas are well dried because I heard that can cause burning! It's expensive for a small bottle but a little goes a long way. I would definitely rebuy this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2010 9:14:00 PM More reviews by marbleeyes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this product! I read about it in the back of a glamour magazine and thank goodness I did.
I have always had a problem with ingrown hairs in my bikini line, and generally alot of irritation and bumps. Not attractive in a swim suit but since finding this product no more issues.

I do find that it dries my skin if I use it too any days in a row but that is no big deal compared to the irritation it reduces

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2010 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Bambie_Blonde

I cannot explain how much I love this stuff. Finally, a product that does what it claims to do. When I first started using TENDskin, I was not using it correctly and thought it was just a waste of my money- but I was determined to make it work. After reading the review below, I realized I was not appyling this directly after shaving and waxing. I would dry off and wait a few minutes then apply it. This is NOT the correct method. To make sure that TENDskin works, you have to apply this directly after shaving and waxing, then moisturize. When I say directly I mean you have to have it next to you and ready to use :)

This stuff has worked wonders for me, my skin is not sensitive- but when I get a brazilian wax and shave my legs I always get razor bumps- and it sucks, I wouldn't even wear shorts in summer...With TENDskin I can wear shorts and not have to deal with irritating bumps and rock my shorts shorts :) also, not having to deal with irritation after a brazilian is Heaven =) ...The only downside to this is that I have to order it from Sephora, so with shipping it gets a little pricey- but honestly its so worth it!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2010 10:48:00 AM More reviews by PositivelyRadiant

I've never had an issue with ingrown hairs until I started to get the Brazilian bikini wax. After a few hair removal sessions, I was noticing an increasing number of ingrown hairs "down there." I complained to my esthetician and she recommended TendSkin and gave me some free samples. I was amazed with the results!

I only apply it immediately after hair removal and apply it to the entire area where hair was removed. There is a bit of a tingling sensation, but it's nothing compared to the discomfort you endure when getting a Brazilian. When I first started using TendSkin I hadn't read the instructions and was applying it every time after I showered. This was really drying my skin out and was totally unnecessary.

Then I noticed how my husband was complaining about razor burn and ingrown hairs. He was reluctant to try TendSkin, even though it's usually found in the men's grooming section of your local drugstore. When he finally started using it he was impressed with the significant difference this product made. He still gets some ingrown hairs but we're talking a small fraction of what used to be. This is a HG product for the both of us! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2010 11:14:00 PM More reviews by samcasso

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this product because of its cult-following. I can't seem to shave my legs without getting razor burn. No matter how long I wait in between shaves, no matter how much I exfoliate, change my razor, shave with a light hand, I still end up with bumps and bleeding. When I saw this discounted at TJ Maxx, I grabbed two. I didn't try it until recently, instead going to Veet first. It kept my legs smooth, and since the Veet was working, I didn't want to mess with a good thing. However, it's messy and takes a lot of maintenance. I knew I'd go back to my Schick Intuition, the only product I've ever been faithful to.

I recently stopped using Veet. When I shaved my legs for the first time, they were pretty smooth but felt like they were on fire. On one leg I used TendSkin (pouring a bit onto a cotton pad) wincing the entire time. On the other leg, I just put moisturizer. Lo and behold, the next morning, the TendSkin leg was noticeably less irritated.

That said, I gave this 4 lippies because it's way better than Origins Fire Fighter, which I'd received in a swap and costs a lot more but doesn't do half as much. I mean, what's up with that? I took one lippie off because, just from the smell, I felt like I might as well just apply rubbing alcohol on my legs. And, yes, apparently it can be homemade. I did say I'd repurchase, mostly because I don't trust myself with razor burn recipes (or any recipes, for that matter), and if I found it on sale I would not be able to resist.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2010 2:00:00 PM More reviews by sjkr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been searching for a product to help my bikini area for YEARS. I have tried everything imaginable but I still get embarrassing red bumps! I bought this and it did help after I used it for about a week (and I stopped shaving during this time) as soon as I started shaving again though it didn't seem to help at all! I have no idea WHY I get such horrible ingrown hairs/bumps, I feel like I'm the only one in the world with this problem that hasn't found any kind of solution! I will use this until the bottle is gone because I paid $20 for it (btw it's already half gone after like 2 weeks) but if it doesn't help as I continue my shaving routine I will not repurchase. I might just have to save up for laser hair removal!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2010 2:46:00 PM More reviews by simetra

No more ingrown hairs from waxing or shaving! I love this stuff! Like people said, it does sting a bit, but not as painful as some ingrown hairs can be. I rated packaging a 3 because you waste a lot of product with cotton balls. Sephora has an exclusive refillable TendSkin roll-on applicator that is great and you don't waste any product!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2010 12:17:00 PM More reviews by varmintrifle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't get waxes so I shave daily and can get red bumps in my bikini area. Using this twice daily (after shower and again before I go to bed) gets rid of any kind of irritation and leaves the area smooth and easier to shave the next day. I took the rating down a lipstick because the smell is awful and the product burns if you use it while your skin is damp. Still, nothing else I've used (Bikini Zone, etc.) has come close.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2010 8:38:00 AM More reviews by Alexa4681

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Amazing- Simple works every time

i wax regularly so it is a life saver espeical near the panty line with seems to get affected the most and calfs where i cross my legs.

I found a roller ball one on ebay recently which is brilliant so you can apply it to the area directlyand the product last for ages.

5 Lippys from me!x

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2010 11:54:00 AM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I picked this up in the 4 ounce bottle at Sephora for a whopping $20 at the recommendation of a friend who swears by it. It is an alcohol-based liquid, so it does sting significantly on freshly-shaved skin. I have used it on my underarms and bikini line, and my husband has used it on his face. As far as he is concerned, TendSkin doesn't do any more for him than his $2 Bump-Stop from the drugstore. While I haven't noticed a difference on my underarms, my bikini line does feel smoother longer, and I don't get as many bumps as I used to. However, it doesn't completely eliminate bumps for me. I will continue to use it, and hopefully with more time it will make a bigger difference, but I am not holding my breath.