TendSkin Tend Skin

Isopropyl alcohol, water, propylene glycol, acetylsalicylic acid, cyclomethicone, glycerine.

on 5/11/2011 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm in love with this product. I purchased the rollerball version from Ulta & am in love with its easy, no-mess application and portability. The rollerball applies just the right amount of product, but is large enough to cover bigger areas, like legs, efficiently. It smells like absolute pure rubbing alcohol, but I don't really mind that, and it doesn't stop me from using this. It doesn't sting me at all, but I make sure I apply it to skin that's completely dry. I have never gotten an ingrown hair in my life, but I do tend to get really itchy, especially in the bikini area, and sometimes a bit of razor burn on my legs if I'm in too much of a rush. This is really soothing to apply, and keeps the skin supple and moisturized. A little really does go a long way too - I use my rollerball 1-2x a day and have had it for quite a few weeks now and can barely see a huge dent in the liquid inside.

on 5/3/2011 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I like this a lot, but let's face it...it's not much different from Bikini Zone gel that you buy at the local drugstore. I haven't done price comparisons but a decent size tube of BZ is about $8 and this is $20 for a bottle. I don't think it does anymore to prevent ingrown hairs or irritation than BZ does for me and BZ can be purchased much more readily. The consistency of the Tend Skin is watery so if you don't buy the roll on applicator that they offer it can make a mess and cause you to lose product. I might buy it again, not sure.

on 5/3/2011 12:24:00 AM

Tend Skin has been wonderful at keeping ingrown hairs at bay - I have quick thick hair, and have a tendency to get ingrowns after my Brazilian waxes. However, when I remember to put this on after a wax, I have no troubles. Not only is it a great preventative product, but it also clears up any current ingrowns, as well. I apply it to the area with a makeup cotton pad, only needing a small splash of product. It can tingle a little bit, but it's nothing painful or irritating, in my experience. The alcohol smell goes away quickly, and it dries almost instantly on skin. It's a bit pricey, but I think it's justifiable if you are sensitive to ingrowns, like me. I'm on my second bottle now, but my first one lasted me ages...2 years?? Will repurchase and recommend.

on 3/5/2011 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I LOVE this stuff. I shave my bikini area and within 24 hours of shaving I always get the absolute worse bumps no matter what I do. I've tried all the shaving gels specifically for the bikini zone and none of them make a difference at all for me. I put this stuff on a cotton pad and apply it after I shave. It burns, yes, but only for a few seconds and the results are worth the burn anyway. I get NO irritation with this stuff. If I don't keep applying it I might get a few bumps, but it's nothing compared to what I normally get. The only thing is I wish this stuff wasn't so expensive for a small bottle, but I was continue to repurchase unless I find a cheap alternative that works just as well. I've heard about the homemade tendskin recipe, and I plan to try that out when I finish up the bottle I'm on now before I repurchase again.

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This product is very few in that it does what they say it will do. I got this for my husband, as he gets a lot of ingrown hairs on his neck. Within days we started to see clearer skin, less bumps, and less redness. The smell is a bit strong and the application of the product can be a pain. But overall, the formulation of the product works great. We also found it to be great for pimples. We did notice that with this less is better. Don't waste your money by thinking more is better, not here. You only need to put a little bit on.

on 1/2/2011 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I have very thick hair and my bikini area is prone to irritation and itching after shaving. I don't wax because of the price. For years, I used a Sally Hansen anti-itch product that somewhat helped keep itchiness away but the smell was horrific and it would linger so I just had to try something new and I'm glad I did. Tend Skin really helps keep the itchiness away for me. It doesn't do that much for ingrown hair if that is your main concern but it decreases bumps a bit. It smells like rubbing alcohol but the smell doesn't linger or anything.I drip a very small amount onto a cotton pad and rub it onto the shaved area right after I get out of the shower. I do this every night for the next few nights following shaving (I shave about once every other week). Just make sure the shaved/waxed areas are well dried because I heard that can cause burning! It's expensive for a small bottle but a little goes a long way. I would definitely rebuy this.

on 11/8/2010 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this product! I read about it in the back of a glamour magazine and thank goodness I did.
I have always had a problem with ingrown hairs in my bikini line, and generally alot of irritation and bumps. Not attractive in a swim suit but since finding this product no more issues.

I do find that it dries my skin if I use it too any days in a row but that is no big deal compared to the irritation it reduces

on 10/17/2010 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I cannot explain how much I love this stuff. Finally, a product that does what it claims to do. When I first started using TENDskin, I was not using it correctly and thought it was just a waste of my money- but I was determined to make it work. After reading the review below, I realized I was not appyling this directly after shaving and waxing. I would dry off and wait a few minutes then apply it. This is NOT the correct method. To make sure that TENDskin works, you have to apply this directly after shaving and waxing, then moisturize. When I say directly I mean you have to have it next to you and ready to use :)

This stuff has worked wonders for me, my skin is not sensitive- but when I get a brazilian wax and shave my legs I always get razor bumps- and it sucks, I wouldn't even wear shorts in summer...With TENDskin I can wear shorts and not have to deal with irritating bumps and rock my shorts shorts :) also, not having to deal with irritation after a brazilian is Heaven =) ...The only downside to this is that I have to order it from Sephora, so with shipping it gets a little pricey- but honestly its so worth it!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've never had an issue with ingrown hairs until I started to get the Brazilian bikini wax. After a few hair removal sessions, I was noticing an increasing number of ingrown hairs "down there." I complained to my esthetician and she recommended TendSkin and gave me some free samples. I was amazed with the results!

I only apply it immediately after hair removal and apply it to the entire area where hair was removed. There is a bit of a tingling sensation, but it's nothing compared to the discomfort you endure when getting a Brazilian. When I first started using TendSkin I hadn't read the instructions and was applying it every time after I showered. This was really drying my skin out and was totally unnecessary.

Then I noticed how my husband was complaining about razor burn and ingrown hairs. He was reluctant to try TendSkin, even though it's usually found in the men's grooming section of your local drugstore. When he finally started using it he was impressed with the significant difference this product made. He still gets some ingrown hairs but we're talking a small fraction of what used to be. This is a HG product for the both of us! continued >>

on 8/8/2010 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I bought this product because of its cult-following. I can't seem to shave my legs without getting razor burn. No matter how long I wait in between shaves, no matter how much I exfoliate, change my razor, shave with a light hand, I still end up with bumps and bleeding. When I saw this discounted at TJ Maxx, I grabbed two. I didn't try it until recently, instead going to Veet first. It kept my legs smooth, and since the Veet was working, I didn't want to mess with a good thing. However, it's messy and takes a lot of maintenance. I knew I'd go back to my Schick Intuition, the only product I've ever been faithful to.

I recently stopped using Veet. When I shaved my legs for the first time, they were pretty smooth but felt like they were on fire. On one leg I used TendSkin (pouring a bit onto a cotton pad) wincing the entire time. On the other leg, I just put moisturizer. Lo and behold, the next morning, the TendSkin leg was noticeably less irritated.

That said, I gave this 4 lippies because it's way better than Origins Fire Fighter, which I'd received in a swap and costs a lot more but doesn't do half as much. I mean, what's up with that? I took one lippie off because, just from the smell, I felt like I might as well just apply rubbing alcohol on my legs. And, yes, apparently it can be homemade. I did say I'd repurchase, mostly because I don't trust myself with razor burn recipes (or any recipes, for that matter), and if I found it on sale I would not be able to resist.