November 20, 2014 | 1885 users online

Conditioner - Paul Mitchell - The Conditioner

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2011 8:30:00 PM More reviews by goldieb19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of the perks of having a hair stylist in the family is that I get to try a lot of great, salon-quality products at absolutely no cost to myself. Whenever a product is deemed unsellable (such as when it has a busted lid or pump) or has been returned under certain circumstances, my sister often keeps it for herself or gives it to someone else in our family. About a year ago, she brought me a liter-sized bottle of Paul Mitchell: The Conditioner, and I absolutely love it! On a typical day I put my hair through hell, straightening or curling it at least once (sometimes twice) at temperatures of over 400 degrees. This causes major split ends and breakage, and since I am pretty unwilling to give up my heat styling addiction (don't judge--everyone girl has her own vice), my sister recommends that I use a leave-in conditioner and a heat protectant prior to styling my hair. However, because I have extremely oily hair (it normally gets oily within just 12-24hrs after I wash it), leave-in products have never been a friend of mine. Much to my surprise, this has far exceeded all of my expectations. The first time that I went to use it, seeing it's pale turquoise color that can only be compared to that of a cheap laundry detergent, I think "Wow, this stuff is going to be terrible." I shampooed and rinsed my hair, squirted a quarter-sized amount of this product into my palms, and then applied it to the ponytail region of my hair, concentrating it on the ends. Much to my surprise, a little dallop of this product worked wonders on my coarse hair. After I blow dried it, I noticed that it just felt soft and not at all greasy like I had expected. Overall, I have no complaints. My conditioner came with a pump, so it is super convenient to use. While the color is ugly, the smell is really pleasant--clean and refreshing without smelling like some kind of institution, yet not too perfumy. Though I did not purchase the conditioner myself, I spied a $21.95 price tag, which is not too bad considering that it is a 33.8 oz bottle of a high-end product that I have had for over a year with regular use. I definitely recommend this to anyone who is having those annoying hair issues such split ends or regular breakage.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2010 1:14:00 AM More reviews by talexs

Generally I use Kerastase and Fekkai products on my hair, but lately I noticed that my hair looked dull and seemed dry so I figured I needed to try something new. My Mom has been using this conditioner--and matching shampoo--for a few years and her hair always looks healthy and shiny so I figured I would give it a whirl. After using this for a week or so my fine, blonde, color treated hair looked much shinier but more importantly it looked incredibly healthy. A quarter sized amount was more than enough and I was able to apply the conditioner and rinse, didn't need to try and use it as a deep conditioner, and then get a comb through my hair with ease. This is a very reasonably priced, little to no fragrance conditioner that I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2010 12:54:00 AM More reviews by yase88

I love this product!! i have very long, bleached, damaged, curly hair and i have tried many products after pantene discontionued my favorite hair cream. This leave in conditioner is amazing. I use it after i wash my hair and because it doesnt hold my curly i use an other styling cream (TIGI) over. When i shampoo my hair, i can never brush it without using conditoner. After i started using the contioner, i dont even need to use contioner in shower! my hair is soft and tangled even i wash it with clarifying shampoo, my hair is super soft and shinny:)) Thanks to Paul Mitchell

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2010 8:51:00 AM More reviews by babalou

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Adore this and keep coming back to it, it's probably my longest used product. Very softening and conditioning, I generally air-dry my dry-ish, wavy hair after applying just a small amount of this. Once dry my hair looks shiny and soft but not weighed down. I think this is a bit more than a conditioner really, more like a light, conditioning styling cream -boyfriend uses it as bryll-cream. The scent is not typically feminine but fresh and light, rather like the awapuhi range, and definitely unisex.

A superb, cruelty-free brand (with BUAV status) Paul Mitchell is definitely my favourite brand for hair conditioners and styling, and for me this is the best PM product of all. However I do wish the 300 and 500ml bottles came with a pump dispenser...I have only seen 1000ml bottles with pump, and I would never get through that amount in the 18month shelf life as a little goes a very long way with this. Excellent value for such high quality.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2010 4:38:00 PM More reviews by thevnilly

Love this stuff! I bought it on accident (meant to grab The Detangler!), but I'm so glad I did. Definitely a must-try if you have tangles after showering, like I do.

After I take my damp hair out of my towel, I spread a dime-sized amount of The Conditioner throughout my hair, focusing on the ends. Wait a few seconds before combing and...VOILA! Easy to comb/brush hair! Smells great and doesn't weigh my fine hair down.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2010 4:40:00 AM More reviews by miafrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

i initially got this to use as a detangle product since i wasnt compltely happy with paul mitchells lite detangler. this one ended up working great for that . i dont use conventional conditioner since i use their moisture shampoo but i use this once a week to condition and hydrate my hair. this wont way your hair down at all, just dont use too much or put it on your scalp. it has a nice faint scent and is a blue gel like consistency. i love how you can buy diffent size bottles, mini to test/travel up to jumbo to stock up. also paul mitchell is a vegan cruelty free company. this is my definate hg hair brand.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2010 3:54:00 AM More reviews by sillychicken

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the smell and how it rinses out well and leaves my hair soft and tangle free. I find it works better if I don't leave it in.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2010 4:53:00 AM More reviews by LorelaiNoah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I bought a trial version of this and all I can say is "meh". Hence why my review is about to be short. This product wasn't thick enough to do much moisturizing, & it left my hair sticky...leading to breakage. Will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2010 5:29:00 AM More reviews by CocoLola

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not a big fan of it. It made my hair feel strange and not moistened at all. I went back to my it's a 10 spray which is soooooo much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2010 12:32:00 PM More reviews by ESMorin

I was afraid that this stuff would be too heavy for my hair, as a lot of leave-ins are. But this product is just wonderrrrfulllllll!!!!! It makes my hair and scalp nice and moisturized without being heavy (and I have oily hair). It makes my hair shiny, and the scent stays on my hair all the next day (I shower at night). the scent is the classic cucumber-y Paul Mitchell scent, and its one that I love. I would definitely recommend this to anyone!