Paul Mitchell The Conditioner

3.8

Not tested on animals

Water (aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, stearyl alcohol, Glycerin, Ceteth-2, Cetrimonium Bromide, Dimethicone Bisamino Hydroxypropyl Copolyol, Dimethicone Misamino Hydroxxypropyl Copolyl,Alge/Aleoe Barbadenis/Chamomile/Henna/Jojoba/Rosemary/Dimethicone Copolyol, Wheatgermnmidopopropyl Ethydimonium Ethosulfate, Citric Acid, Fragrance (Parfum), DMDM Hynation Iodiopropynyl Butylcarbarnate.

on 3/7/2011 5:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I use this as a leave in on damp hair keeps hair soft and moisturized. I have chemically relaxed hair and all Paul Mitchell products seem to work well for me. It has a very fresh scent which is very light and undectable by the time my hair is dry. It has the consistency of a gel kind of and is aqua blue in colour. I only use a tiny amount which is saying alot for me I am so heavy anded with products but with PM products you really dont need alot. Also I am about 9 weeks since my last relaxer so this works ok on my new growth also which after I dry my hair I apply moisturizer (ORS O live Oil brand and coconut oil) and my hair is blinging and shining so I am sticking to Paul Mitchell shampoos and conditioners for live. BTW I recomend using a conditioner before this leave in especially if you are black or have relaxed hair. The shampoo only wash and go cant work for us!

on 2/8/2011 7:54:00 AM

I must say I was impressed with this product as a "rinse out". A few friends, that have used this product for years, suggested that they have had success with this method. I have very fine and sometimes "poofy" hair. I have tried every high end conditioner (Redken, B&B, Kerastase, etc.) that claim to control frizz. In-fact, most of these products increase frizz for me or my hair becomes to greasy. I am using B&B Quenching Shampoo and wanted a light to medium conditioner. Try this as a rinse out.

on 2/7/2011 12:25:00 PM

You would think that if one was formulating a product to go into the hair, they would make the effort to try and have it not smell like bug spray and expired pepto bismol. So when I took a whiff of this in the store and was revolted, I figured 'wow if this smells so ugly, it must work really well'. No. This had no redeeming qualities (in my hair anyway - I have a friend who fried her hair with chemicals and swore that this is what saved it).

I have been using my Phyto 9, but ran out and was not thrilled about purchasing more of that pricey stuff. This was no comparison. It did make it easier to comb through in damp hair (as any leave-in would). My phyto makes my air-dried hair silky and shiny, and that will last for several days.

This stuff made it feel soft I guess, but took all of the shine away. Dull, flat hair, and for the first time in ages, it felt sort of thickened and frizzy. Certainly looked frizzy.

Second day hair was a disaster, it felt like straw, frizz all over.

I tried my GVP conditioning balm (at Sally's) as a leave-in, and like that much better. Won't use this smelly stuff again.

on 2/2/2011 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

One of the perks of having a hair stylist in the family is that I get to try a lot of great, salon-quality products at absolutely no cost to myself. Whenever a product is deemed unsellable (such as when it has a busted lid or pump) or has been returned under certain circumstances, my sister often keeps it for herself or gives it to someone else in our family. About a year ago, she brought me a liter-sized bottle of Paul Mitchell: The Conditioner, and I absolutely love it! On a typical day I put my hair through hell, straightening or curling it at least once (sometimes twice) at temperatures of over 400 degrees. This causes major split ends and breakage, and since I am pretty unwilling to give up my heat styling addiction (don't judge--everyone girl has her own vice), my sister recommends that I use a leave-in conditioner and a heat protectant prior to styling my hair. However, because I have extremely oily hair (it normally gets oily within just 12-24hrs after I wash it), leave-in products have never been a friend of mine. Much to my surprise, this has far exceeded all of my expectations. The first time that I went to use it, seeing it's pale turquoise color that can only be compared to that of a cheap laundry detergent, I think "Wow, this stuff is going to be terrible." I shampooed and rinsed my hair, squirted a quarter-sized amount of this product into my palms, and then applied it to the ponytail region of my hair, concentrating it on the ends. Much to my surprise, a little dallop of this product worked wonders on my coarse hair. After I blow dried it, I noticed that it just felt soft and not at all greasy like I had expected. Overall, I have no complaints. My conditioner came with a pump, so it is super convenient to use. While the color is ugly, the smell is really pleasant--clean and refreshing without smelling like some kind of institution, yet not too perfumy. Though I did not purchase the conditioner myself, I spied a $21.95 price tag, which is not too bad considering that it is a 33.8 oz bottle of a high-end product that I have had for over a year with regular use. I definitely recommend this to anyone who is having those annoying hair issues such split ends or regular breakage.

on 12/17/2010 1:14:00 AM

Generally I use Kerastase and Fekkai products on my hair, but lately I noticed that my hair looked dull and seemed dry so I figured I needed to try something new. My Mom has been using this conditioner--and matching shampoo--for a few years and her hair always looks healthy and shiny so I figured I would give it a whirl. After using this for a week or so my fine, blonde, color treated hair looked much shinier but more importantly it looked incredibly healthy. A quarter sized amount was more than enough and I was able to apply the conditioner and rinse, didn't need to try and use it as a deep conditioner, and then get a comb through my hair with ease. This is a very reasonably priced, little to no fragrance conditioner that I will definitely repurchase.

on 12/17/2010 12:54:00 AM

I love this product!! i have very long, bleached, damaged, curly hair and i have tried many products after pantene discontionued my favorite hair cream. This leave in conditioner is amazing. I use it after i wash my hair and because it doesnt hold my curly i use an other styling cream (TIGI) over. When i shampoo my hair, i can never brush it without using conditoner. After i started using the contioner, i dont even need to use contioner in shower! my hair is soft and tangled even i wash it with clarifying shampoo, my hair is super soft and shinny:)) Thanks to Paul Mitchell

on 10/30/2010 8:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Adore this and keep coming back to it, it's probably my longest used product. Very softening and conditioning, I generally air-dry my dry-ish, wavy hair after applying just a small amount of this. Once dry my hair looks shiny and soft but not weighed down. I think this is a bit more than a conditioner really, more like a light, conditioning styling cream -boyfriend uses it as bryll-cream. The scent is not typically feminine but fresh and light, rather like the awapuhi range, and definitely unisex.

A superb, cruelty-free brand (with BUAV status) Paul Mitchell is definitely my favourite brand for hair conditioners and styling, and for me this is the best PM product of all. However I do wish the 300 and 500ml bottles came with a pump dispenser...I have only seen 1000ml bottles with pump, and I would never get through that amount in the 18month shelf life as a little goes a very long way with this. Excellent value for such high quality.

on 9/30/2010 4:38:00 PM

Love this stuff! I bought it on accident (meant to grab The Detangler!), but I'm so glad I did. Definitely a must-try if you have tangles after showering, like I do.

After I take my damp hair out of my towel, I spread a dime-sized amount of The Conditioner throughout my hair, focusing on the ends. Wait a few seconds before combing and...VOILA! Easy to comb/brush hair! Smells great and doesn't weigh my fine hair down.

on 8/17/2010 4:40:00 AM

i initially got this to use as a detangle product since i wasnt compltely happy with paul mitchells lite detangler. this one ended up working great for that . i dont use conventional conditioner since i use their moisture shampoo but i use this once a week to condition and hydrate my hair. this wont way your hair down at all, just dont use too much or put it on your scalp. it has a nice faint scent and is a blue gel like consistency. i love how you can buy diffent size bottles, mini to test/travel up to jumbo to stock up. also paul mitchell is a vegan cruelty free company. this is my definate hg hair brand.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I like the smell and how it rinses out well and leaves my hair soft and tangle free. I find it works better if I don't leave it in.

Top Rated Paul Mitchell Products