September 16, 2014 | 1883 users online

Brows - Laura Mercier - brow powder duo

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2007 4:36:00 PM More reviews by Daniellec

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best brow powder ever! I have very dark hair and use the Ash. Only bad thing is that you need to purchase the brush, but well worth the investment.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2007 10:39:00 AM More reviews by collrob2101

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product! After a bad eyebrow threading expierence I needed a soft looking product to fill in the areas which the hair was growing back. I went to the counter at Saks in NYC and the make up artist used this product on me. I have darker brows and blond highlights and used the brunette. A little goes a long way!! I love it and also use the darker color as eyeliner!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2007 10:07:00 AM More reviews by mrsfonz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really recommend this eyebrow product. I am Asian with jet black hair and light/medium skin and sparse eyebrows have always been an issue for me. I am usually very careful about purchasing eyebrow products as they've tended to deposit way too much color. I purchased the Brunette duo last week and I think it's absolutely perfect for anyone who wants a soft look for the summer. It is a nice combination of brown and dark grey (not quite black). I also really like the packaging. Just a tip: If you want your brows a little fuller, I recommend purchasing the Brunette eyebrow pencil, which I find has a great combination of powder and wax. I use it around the arch area so it pops out more when I go out at night (especially when you're having flash pictures taken, I find that the arch is the most prominent part).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2007 10:53:00 AM More reviews by HCat

This is my first review. I have been lurking on here for a long time as I am a true makeup and skincare junkie. I try everything and I mean everything. I am not one to put much stock in brow products as they have all been just about the same to me (Smashbox, BE, Anastasia, Ditzy, etc.) I never could find a good color match and most felt heavy and looked less than natrual. I have full brows but they show evidence of the "thin brow era". Laura Merciers Deep Blonde Powder Duo is amazing. It not only is the perfect color (2 taps of the brush in the light with 1 tap in the dark), but it stays all day. (Since I have fuller brows, I do use a brow gel which may help staying power.) I rarely find a brow product amazing...but this one is truly worth the money!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2007 8:45:00 AM More reviews by maliastyle

Now and then, even after over a thousand reviews on Makeup Alley and countless other as-yet-unreviewed cosmetics, I find a product that knocks my socks off. Laura Mercier's Brow Powder Duo is one of those products - it has quickly replaced my mainstay eyebrow powder, MAC Brun. For reference, I'm Filipina, with naturally dark brown hair that's near black; it's only logical my eye would be attracted to dark brown powders and pencils to fill in my sparse brows, right? But when I was turned on to LM's Brow Pencil in Blonde, it was like I'd visited Damone Roberts himself - it was a subtle and yet complete transformation! Who knew a pencil named Blonde would fit an Asian girl so well? Preferring a powder over a pencil, I went ahead and picked this up in Deep Blonde as well. The swatches on the Mercier site are deceiving; one's a soft blonde shade and the other is nearly mousy brown - they're both taupey, but they're not grey at all, which the site would have you believe. With the pencil and the powder as part of my morning routine, I walk out the door looking like my brows are naturally full and arched and perfect. Because my brows are so sparse, I like to very, very lightly draw my brow shape first with the pencil, and then fill with the powder. An LM tip: for darker color, tap your angled brush (I prefer MAC's #266) onto the darker shade two or three times, and then once on the lighter shade. For a lighter color, tap onto the lighter shade first and then the dark. Voila! Perfect brows! This retails for $33CAD, available at Holt Renfrew. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2006 4:04:00 PM More reviews by ananda22

This is a wonderful product. I consider myself pretty picky and I give this 5 lippies. It's great that it has 2 colors because brows are rarely just one solid colid color. Very natural looking.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2006 10:44:00 AM More reviews by stefleaf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

The MA at the Laura counter insisted that my shade was Deep Blonde, which shocked me because I'm a brunette. (About me: Filipina mestiza, i.e. fair Asian skin with yellow undertones, and deep brown hair that's almost black). He applied the Deep Blonde on my brows and they looked great: neat and full, but still natural. However, I insisted that he test out the Ash shade on my brows, just so that I could see the difference... and it made me look like a drag queen! Thank God for MAs. I think Laura Mercier should consider renaming the Deep Blonde shade, since a lot of other people have commented that it really just isn't for blondes at all.

That said, I am fascinated with this product. It works exactly the way it should. The powder goes on smoothly and lasts the whole day. You'll have to buy the proper brush to apply it, though, and that would be an eyebrow brush made of badger hair. Laura's brush works well but there is a less expensive alternative in the Japonesque brush line. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2006 5:28:00 PM More reviews by SimplyBeautiful

I have this in Soft Blonde and hands down this is the best brow product I've found thus far. I'm NC 20 with naturally blond hair, and my brows need some soft definition (I've always hated those eyebrow pencils that end up looking fake no matter what). This product is just perfect. I'm using Paula's Choice brow brush with it and it looks incredibly natural (application is super easy, too). Also, it lasts all day (unless of course I rub my brows really hard, hehe :)). Highly recommended for blondes who go for natural look.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2006 5:50:00 PM More reviews by little_isabella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This was my first try with brow powder. My brows are fairly well shaped/arched and thin to medium. They are also a dark brown color although my hair has a lot of golden and caramel highlights. My skin is very fair with an olive tone, just to give you an idea for why I selected this product in the color "ash." I had also ordered the Stila brow duo in the Medium shade and the Stila one was FAR too pigmented and fake looking. The Laura Mercier, however, was PERFECT! Nobody would ever know i'm wearing brow powder because it looks so natural. It's a nice sheer true brown without all the reddy/orange/warmth that a lot of brow powders seem to have for brunettes. This is the perfect brown. I have used both the shades in the duo although I have decided that I prefer the one on the right. Don't let the swatches that you see online fool you into thinking this looks remotely grey on. I researched brow powders for a while (as silly as that sounds..hehe) and am so glad I bought this one, although it was a shame to spend the money on the Stila one. It also works well with Benefit speed brow gel for hold. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2006 3:05:00 AM More reviews by nhwrites

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this product. You can't go wrong with LM. With red hair, it can be difficult to find a shade that looks natural since so many are sort of orange. This has two shades to blend and adds that natural hair look if you have some sparse spots. It's nice to have a mirror as well which so many lack. When all else fails, go to LM. I also like Anastasia. I'd be happy with either of these brown products.