December 19, 2014 | 1614 users online

Fragrances - Avon - Imari

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2007 7:33:00 PM More reviews by catwoman30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I agree with the previous review-I think if this fragrance was by a more high end company it's reviews would be better.I just got a giftset from Avon with the perfume, shower gel, powder, and skin softener and I am very pleased with this scent.It is a little musky and very comforting.I really like it and think it should be given a chance-I actually didn't like it at all the first time I tried it, but I feel it will be my go-to scent for the colder months.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2007 8:28:00 PM More reviews by tessture

Avon is hard to review because it is often percieved as main-stream, cheap and run-of-the-mill. That may be due to the fact that is is inexpensive and readily available, but just because it doesn't cost $100 for two drams doesn't make it s*^#. Admittedly, some Avon scents smell cheap in that they are associated with that Aunt you didn't like who gave garbagy Christmas presents or the teacher who graded you unfairly, and compared to the classic French perfume houses they can come off second best, but some are actually quite nice and are all that some women require in their scent: Pleasant, attractive and not grotesquely expensive. I can be as snobby as the next perfume-afficianado, and Avon isn't my first choice ever, reminding me of childhood experiments, but as long as your chemistry is willing, scents like Imari are definitely a good alternative to more expensive fragrances. This one is a warm, ambery oriental and wears actually less powdery than Opium on me. I get compliments when I wear it (around Christmas, when it's cold) and men seem to like it. It is heavier than I usually choose, but it's warm and spicy and smells very comforting in winter without being a fuzzy blanket. It's cashmere, maybe. A little bit elegant and a little bit smoky. Oh, yeah, and it's available and affordable and you can try it on and see if it works for you and avoid judging by the opinions of a bunch of strangers on some website you visited.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2007 10:10:00 AM More reviews by hatehaze

I personally think it is way, way to strong and over powering, its smells like pepper spray to me. The bottles are pretty though

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2007 6:19:00 PM More reviews by GoodGrape

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Just got an order in today. Ordered some purse sprays for 5.99 ea. Good deal, right? Now some I liked from the samples and some (like the Imari) were to be a surprise. So.......the Imari...........three words.......man's after shave. Horrible. This is not a second cousin to Opium. Ack!....nooo way. To compare is an insult. Just plain ol' grandpa's after shave, and not a good one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2007 12:15:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the classic perfumes (chanel, charlie, vanilla fields category) but its smells so pretty and timeless. Whenever I dress up really glamourous I get compliments that I smell beautiful. This perfume is ladylike and very grownup. Its too heavy for daytime and summertime because it smells a lil like "old lady perfume" no offense. But this is very classic no matter if you are 18 or 80. People get headaches because this perfume is strong and they spray too much.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2007 8:30:00 AM More reviews by Katwoman141

I prefer the Imari skin softener lotion to the perfume itself. I love the sexy musk smell of it. I usually like fruity perfumes, but this one makes me feel sexy. It's very good for a pick me up at the end of the day too :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2007 2:46:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Soft, musky and powdery. If I wanted a powdery smell I'd wear baby powder instead. (I don't wear it, but I love baby powder smell!) Gave me a headache. I find the packaging ugly. I would never buy again.

Update: My Mum and I visited a 2nd hand charity clothing store and she said "Why do these stores always smell like that cheap Avon Imari Perfume? Its very off putting"!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2007 5:36:00 PM More reviews by CecileCecile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is *meh* for me most days, OK at best. I am beginning to develop a strong dislike for most Avon scents and that powdery thing they have going on. Good thing I got mine on sale, and then only a small bottle! I am quite certain now that I will never purchase Imari ever again, in any form or at any price. I wouldn't even take it for free - the space on my fragrance shelves is getting rather limited to tie it up with something that I don't really dig. Onward and Upward!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2007 8:00:00 PM More reviews by lilcutie0707

I cant stand this perfume. The smell gives me a headache and makes me nausues. It smells kind of like an old lady perfume.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2007 7:03:00 PM More reviews by christinexoxodillon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like it. Perfume is a very personal thing