December 21, 2014 | 858 users online

Eye Shadow - NARS - Nepal

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2007 10:07:00 PM More reviews by xxbabydollxx

My favorite e/s ever! This e/s looks like a basic champagne colored e/s with a hint of pink. when you actually wear it, it comes out as a nice light rosey pink with a soft shimmer. almost reminds me of mac naked lunch e/s but it's a lot finer, less shimmery/frosty and way more pigmented/pink. This is an e/s you could wear for a natural look or everyday kind of e/s. What I love most about this e./s is that it looks great even w/o an eyeliner or anything, its just that amazing! most e/s that I wear looks incomplete or just weird w/o eyeliner but not this one. So if im ever in a rush or anyhting. i could just do my eyes with this e/s and not have to worry about liner or even mascara. If you're on the edge about getting this or not, definently get it! The only complaint it would probably get is that it doesnt show up(but thats only if you have really dark skin) im a NC37-NC40 for reference. This is THE e/s I will forever repurchase, I don't even buy e/s anymore b/c im so content with this one! A must-have e/s in my opinion!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2007 10:50:00 AM More reviews by heaven07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like Nars eyeshadow and this is no exception. I always apply a base of LM Eye Basics to my lids before eyeshadow. Nepal is a beautiful peachy beige shimmer eyeshadow that really enhances the colour of my green eyes. It is shimmery but not too much. It is great for daytime on its own or as a base paired with other colours. It would look lovely with bronze, taupe, plum, brown, grey or green to name but a few. A really versatile shade that is now a staple in my makeup bag.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2006 4:09:00 PM More reviews by CaliBello

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is actually my first NARS e/s. I switched over to brown liners from black and needed a new shadow. I'm not big on e/s, I just like a nice base color as a wash. Nepal is gorgeous. I usually go for matte but this has the tiniest shimmer to it which is so pretty and makes my eyes look glowly. The pink in it
goes very well with brown liner and I'm really happy with this simple and pretty eye look.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2006 10:26:00 PM More reviews by ilynne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wanted this so much after reading the reviews here that I arranged two swaps for it, in case one fell through. I am not sorry. The color has been very accurately described. Since I use more of the less shimmery side of my AAE duo, it is great to have this shadow to alternate with AAE I. It also pairs well with BB Bone. I am in a very natural m/u mode and I absolutely love this. Really pops my green eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2006 6:03:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

I adore this eyeshadow. (Thank goodness for that--I went through a rather frustrating process to get it). It is in the "All About Eve" family, being a sheer, pink-toned beigey nude with super-fine shimmers that give it a beautiful wet-looking sheen--so flattering! But unlike AAE, it actually shows up on my LLL/AAB skin as a color since the fairly pronounced pink tone (that has a bit of peach in it) contrasts just enough with my skin. I do have to layer a wee bit to get the effect I want, but the end result is a wonderfully polished, "naked" eye. I am in a "natural makeup" stage right now and Nepal is now one of my favorite colors (the others being MAC's Patina and L'Oreal's Wear Infinite in Gilded Glow) for a slightly-but-attractively enhanced eye.

The packaging is fine, though I wish NARS offered pans at a lower price. But the more and more NARS stuff I try, the more I love it. The shadows are very expensive and the quality can vary from shade to shade, but if you get a "good" one, then I guarantee that you'll find yourself compulsively wearing it everyday.

Nepal is the center one in the bottom row. (The others, in case you are interested are in clockwise order from top left: Bobbi Brown Woodrose, Laura Mercier Cashmere, Bliss Labs Blisslids Babydoll, Prestige Chiffon, Nepal, Origins Sand Storm.

continued >>

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2006 9:42:00 PM More reviews by ruby_tea_roses

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice neutral peachy-pink shade with very, very slight shimmer. Very pretty!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2006 2:18:00 PM More reviews by 2westies

One of my most frequently reached for shadows, a perfectly clean and clear pinky peach that doesn't change color, darken or oxidize over the course of the day. If Nars All About Eve was a trio instead of a duo, Nepal would be the 3rd color. It's the same basic color family, only more so, and perfect to add when All About Eve needs slightly more definition and contour.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2006 12:54:00 PM More reviews by katrinakatrina

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Though quite 'blah' in the pan, Nepal is great to use with cool-neutral lips and/or cheeks. Most of my other wash shades are too warm for this (MAC Naked Lunch, Shroom, etc.). The price is outrageous for a single e/s in my opinion ($21) as the texture is no better or worse than the average e/s. Packaging is nice and durable, but if I had more than one Nars e/s, I'd want the top to be clear so you can identify the colour without reading the tiny lable on the back or flipping the top open.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2006 9:07:00 PM More reviews by jesspanka

This is my most frequently used daytime eyeshadow, and I love it! Some people are complaining that the colour is too sheer, but on me (red hair and very fair skin), the colour shows up perfectly and lasts all day (but that might be because I use the eyeshadow primer, F.Y...Eye by Benefit). Sometimes I wear it solo, but usually a pair it with a wee bit of shimmery white in the inner and outer corners of the eye with two coats of black mascara. Very pretty. Sometimes I wear it at night with a bold, coral/red lipstick for a more dramatic look. this colour is definately not too sheer for the fair skinned.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2006 11:25:00 AM More reviews by goodbatteries

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great colour, shows up well on me and lasts for hours. I pair it with Stila Kitten and it looks subtle but VERY pretty, perfect for day.