October 26, 2014 | 965 users online

Skincare - Body - LUSH - Shimmy Shimmy Massage Bar

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2009 7:24:00 PM More reviews by orange25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only thing I liked about this product was the smell. Other than that it was waaaay to glittery and didn't absorb well into my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2009 8:52:00 PM More reviews by cherrrrryl

this product has a lot of potential, so LUSH, i hope that somehow you hear our cries...
it's suuuper cute. little heart-shaped glittery guy that smells like bottled yumminess? fuh-get about it! it's pretty easy to use and i always get compliments that i smell good when i use it. but the glitter? meh. it's a cute concept and i do like the pinky gold hue but i definitely wish that they made this with either a finer-milled glitter (so it's more of a bronzer/shimmer) or with no glitter at all. when i smooth it on i feel like the glitter prevents it from melting on easily and it almost feels like i'm exfoliating (which could be either an added bonus or just an annoyance).
overall i would buy again (mine melted and doesn't work the same anymore!!) because it's just so darn cute and smells sooo good. i know that people have been complaining about the glitter ever since this product was born, but i really do hope that something is done about it. there should be a petition started about it. LUSH, you would have a 5-star massage bar if you just eased up on the glitter!! :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2009 9:36:00 PM More reviews by ianastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

great vanilla scent. The shimmer is like a pretty gold dusting..not glittery. I dont use this one however because even the shimmer is too much for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2009 1:20:00 AM More reviews by PeaceBaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I kind of really like this product. I like the smell. It's super moisturizing. It's great to lube up with this bar after a shower. But, I am not sure about the glitter. Although the glitter is fun, I kind of feel like a shimmering stripper, not that there is anything wrong with that, but I am not a stripper. Therefore, I don't know how appropriate the product is if worn leaving the house.

pros: Nice smell and moisture. Pretty pink and gold glitter. Fun to rub on body.

cons: Glitter can look tacky. Glitter spreads onto clothing, furniture and my cat! Product has no container, and cannot be taken out of the house w/o being wrapped in a plastic bag or some other homemade container .

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2009 12:59:00 PM More reviews by thequester73

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the scent. I would rub it on my wrists at night and sleep with them next to my nose so I could sniff it.

But the glitter..... I wish they would make one without the glitter, then I'd give 5 lippies.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2008 11:36:00 PM More reviews by aastew

I like the smell of this bar. It is soft and pretty. The downfall of it is all the glitter. I like a more subtle glitter and this bar makes you feel like a christmas tree! I tried to tone it down and only used one light swipe and it still was too much. It might be fun for the younger girls to wear. I would buy it for young teens, but not for a woman over 25. Shimmer lotions by Ralph Lauren or other nice lines of cologne make a much nicer shimmer on your skin that looks sexy and beautiful.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2008 10:23:00 AM More reviews by moorkitty

Lavender and geranium scented bar which offers just the right amount of sparkles and the sparkles are not large, but give a subtle and pretty bronzy pink glow. Adds moisture wherever you choose. They melt at body temperature so be sure to keep away from the heat. Hint - warm up first in your hands, so the glitter is not scratchy. This looks best on light skin, on dark skin it can look rather off. Contains cocoa butter, shea butter, clary sage oil, lavender oil, vanilla absolute, among other things.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/21/2007 1:49:00 PM More reviews by li_33

I can't believe this product got so good ratings! This is the first product from Lush that I didn't like. It's waaay too glittery and the glitter makes it abrasive. I think there's more glitter than butters/oils in this one. I look like a disco ball now.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2007 5:07:00 PM More reviews by brittbueh

EVERY GIRL NEEDS THIS. SCENT, GLITTER, CONSISTENCY, DURABILITY. EVERYTHING IS PERFECT!!! Great for use on eyelids, hair, shoulders, decolletage.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2007 6:32:00 PM More reviews by sunniva

haha, I was bored and a bit tipsy and threw 1/2 of one of these in the tub. My skin literally looked GOLD when I got out. I couldnt stop giggling.
Not that I recommend doing this, but it made me realize how packed this thing is with shimmer. I always buy one when I place a LUSH order, love the scent. Next time I wont throw it in the tub though.