November 21, 2014 | 1694 users online

Scrubs - Clean & Clear - blackhead eraser scrub

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by horsegirl318

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I want to like this product. When i first started using it i loved it, made my skin soft and hydrated, and since i have a few blackheads on my chin area i thought i worked nicely. But after the second or third day it started making my face really oily and over moisturized and my few acne spots were really starting to stand out. i think this may work okay for a person who has dry skin and is in need for a moisturizing exfoliant because it does exfoilate rather nicely, just VERY hydrating.since my skin is on the oily/ combination side i wasnt for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2012 7:43:00 PM More reviews by anightar

I used this product for one night and I have mixed feelings about it. It made my face really soft and nice feeling and my blackhead became lighter. After, using it, I decided to use my Freeman Peel Off Mask and my face felt really great. However, when i woke up, my face felt a little oilier than usual. I would continue using this product until I it is gone, however I would not repurchase it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2012 9:57:00 AM More reviews by Yessuhfosho

I had used this a little over a year ago and it worked but made my skin too dry, then my face would become oily after a while, so I stopped using it. This product was pretty good and after a month or so my blackheads really cleared up along with the white heads. If I had used a moisturiser (the one I use now is Olay moisturiser for oily/combination skin with SPF 15 and vitamin B GREAT!!) with it I think it would have worked much better, so I think I'll go back to it now since my blackheads have decided to have a party on my nose. Overall great product with some patience and moisturiser, I would go back to it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2012 12:20:00 AM More reviews by Berbecca

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this product everyday on my nose for my blackheads. At first I didn't notice that it did anything but after I stopped using it for a while I realize that it helps reduce my blackheads a bit. It doesn't make a huge difference but I am able to notice a little.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by marisolantela

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was fooled by the words "blackhead" and "oil-free" on the bottle - this was supposed to be a scrub and not only a cleanser. And unfortunately that's all it is.
I thought, as it was gentle enough that could be used daily, that it would be quick and effective to clean my pores but that didn't happen at all. I have no idea why do they even bother putting those little blue spheres in the formula - the only thing they are good for is for making you spend your time massaging your skin for absolutely nothing. Time is money (almost literally!) these days; needless to say how frustrating it was, week after week, to check that the clogged pores remained untouched. I won't ever repurchase it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by eileenbean5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Only okay. Doesn't clear acne much, but makes my face somewhat smooth.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2012 1:22:00 AM More reviews by msjaymurray

This works pretty good. Def have seen a reduction in my black/white heads. I haven't had but only 2 small ones this week when it used to be my face covered with at least 4-5 noticeable ones! However, I don't use this product alone. I wash my face with an Ambi cleansing bar at night, then I wash with this scrub, followed by a moisturizer. I then wash in the mornings with the cleansing bar again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by LilyMakeupEvan

This scrub is okay. I used it every few days to remove any drying off skin. Honestly, its too gentle for me and doesn't do much [I love scrubs from StIves] but will keep it until the tube is over. Its gentle and can probably be used everyday. Would I repurchase? Not really. Its nothing too great.
Check out my reviews on other face products and let me know if this review was helpful or not. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2011 7:53:00 PM More reviews by Jojojoanneee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product didn't do anything to my face. It also made my face feel like it was stripped from its natural oils and is what caused me to become oily. It feel quite harsh on my skin. Never buying it ever again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2011 9:36:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

UPDATE:
This is important: C&C has changed this scrub (nooooooooo!!!) to "Blackhead Eraser", which has different ingredients! Be careful about which one you have and post your review the right place.
END OF UPDATE
First off: the name is misleading: this is a gentle scrub and should rather be called that. I believe this will do nothing for people actually suffering from blackheads - this is best for people with DRY/NORMAL SENSITIVE skin.
Also, to people that says this dries them out: you ALWAYS need to moisturise right after exfoliating!
Completely agree with the last reviewer:
I have dry sensitive skin, and it's really difficult for me to use any kind of scrub, because it will irritate my skin, hurting it (micro-cuts) and leaving me with pigmentation. Yes: don't over-exfoliate! Dark pigmentation can occur because of that! I'm pro exfoliation, but very against over-exfoliation - it's easy to ruin your skin if you're scrubbing it too hard.
I have loved this scrub for over 5 years: it has big, round beads, that are enough to take dead skin off, making my face baby-soft, without dry patches. If I just want skincare products to work better, I just lightly massage my face with this. Believe it or not, I really like the smell of this :)
I have tried A LOT of exfoliating products (probably 15+), and this is the only physical peel that works for me - dry, sensitive skin is hard to satisfy. I would however suggest those who needs something against oily skin to try something different - I don't think it will help with the oiliness. Those who suffer blackheads will probably not notice much difference.
To sum up: I have dry, sensitive skin. I have few blackheads, so I don't need anything strong. What I use this product for is exfoliating off occasional dry skin, and also to make skincare products work better - it's hard for them to work optimal if they have to get through a layer of dead skin. I also use this because I need to exfoliate my skin because I have some scarring left after skin problems. This product is so gentle that I can use it every day of needed (but gently!), but most often, I use it every other day.
If your skin is inflamed, you can try to leave this on for some time, and it will reduce redness :) The old formulation was better for this, but the new one works too; after I have used this scrub, my face is often less red. I think the anti-redness ad anti-irritating effect may partly be because of the panthenol, which wikipedia says: "It improves hydration, reduces itching and inflammation of the skin and accelerates and improves healing of epidermal wounds" (I already knew that,but they formulated the sentence so nicely!)
Tip: is you want the scrub to be more gentle, use less. I also use this as an exfoliating mask, as it has lactic acid in it. It doesn''t give that much effect, but my skin still looks better afterwards :]
I hope they never discontinue this! However, I would suggest renaming.
UPDATE: I forgot to say how I use this: I put it on a WET face, after washing with face wash, and put on (of course) a moisturizer after. I think it's always better to put scrubs on a wet face - else it's easy to be too harsh on the skin; the same goes with even this scrub: it's pretty harsh if you put it on dry skin. If I don't press and use just a little, I can easily exfoliate every day, but mostly, I just listen to my skin, and if it feels a little bit sensitive, I skip exfoliating.