April 25, 2014 | 925 users online

Lip Gloss - Chanel - Spark Glossimer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2009 9:50:00 AM More reviews by marsqurine

I love this gloss :) I received a 3g deluxe sample of this in a swap and I had been using this gloss ever since :) Description on Chanel website for Glossimers "Intense frost and shine for lips. Cool array of hottest colours in a convenient, easy-to-use case. Gel texture imparts a shimmery, ultra-glossy look. New shades add extra sparkle and shine." Chanel makes the best lip glosses :) I have only tried Spark, but it feels very comfortable on my lips :) It is sticky, which also makes it long-lasting :) As other readers have described, this is a rich, dark red with warm gold shimmers :) The colour is intense, and accentuates my natural lip colour :) This will stay on even after a light meal :) When the gloss fades, it leaves behind a red stain like a berry-bitten look :) This is one of the longest Iasting lip glosses around :) When I am in school, it can last for about 7 hours in an air-conditioned classroom :) On light makeup days, just wearing black eyeliner and paired with this lip gloss will make you look fabulous :) Will definately repurchase :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2009 1:27:00 AM More reviews by Jessica0984

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I adore Spark! I have used MAC Lustreglasses and Lipglasses and Chanel's Glossimers are the best. It is a bit pricey but I will purchase this one again. It is a gorgeous berry color and it even looks great with just mascara and nothing else. It will definately become a staple in my makeup case.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2009 8:25:00 PM More reviews by LukkiChrm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love Spark so much--it is definitely one of my favorite glossimers. The color is mild, red berry to goes on smoothly with a good amount of color. It has low key gold sparkles, and it does not have the metallic finish that some glossimers like Volage has. The color is simple enough to be pulled of during the day, but it can also be layered to give a more dramatic effect. I'm an NC35, and paired with some bronzer and some mascara, it is the perfect classy and low maintenance look. The consistency of this glossimer is spectacular--it is smooth while still having glitter in it. It has the same texture as Giggle, not the rough glitter texture of Pin-Up. Overall, I urge every warm toned person to try Spark, and I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2008 3:01:00 PM More reviews by mtuckfield

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Spark is a pretty, glossy, reddish-berry with subtle golden shimmer. I go to Spark when I can't decide on a specific lip-of-the-day-shade because it can be applied sheerly for a nice daytime look, or can be layered for more pop. The staying power is great for a gloss, too!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2008 10:43:00 PM More reviews by fabulyss

The formula is fantastic but I'm just not fond of the color. It looks like a raw chapped lip kind of red. You know the irritated/reddish color that lip plumpers turn your lips? That's Spark. I'm super pale with sensitive skin that turns reddish quite easily and this color tends to bring out all of my flaws. Perhaps it is b/c my lips are already highly pigmented? I don't know, I'm just not a fan of this shade. The one thing I do like about it is that if you apply the wand as you would a lipliner it will create a really neat line (just like lipliner), which is important as many pigmented glosses can look sloppy.
Update: the color is slightly more bearable when I cover my lips with foundation prior to use (it appears more medium pink this way), still I wouldn't purchase it again. I'll definitely try other glossimer shades though

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2008 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Spark is the only Glossimer I've purchased more than once, but this last time, I took it back to the Chanel counter. I think the color has been tweaked since the last time I used this, a couple of years ago. It used to be a soft red with gold shimmer, and now it has a berry color to it. I'm very cool-toned and this looked like a medium pink on me; there was absolutely no red in it. I was sorely disappointed, so I exchanged it for the Aqualumiere Party Red, which looks like the old Spark sans the shimmer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2008 5:54:00 AM More reviews by shu2307

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Best color ever! It looks good on everyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2008 2:34:00 AM More reviews by Jhereg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

People are reviewing this as a fuschia or even lavendar - I say no, it's a red. It' got gold spark and berry tones to it, but truly it's a red with a berry undertone and gold flash. The thing is it's very pigmented but also sheer at the same time and allows natural lipcolor to show through. So if you are looking for a POW red, thsi wont do it (however applied over any red l/s or l/l watch out wow!) and if you are a little leery of a bright red lip this is probably a good choice for you to go red.
The glitter is not the least bit gritty, it's not drying,a nd it has good staying power. I adore this gloss.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2008 4:47:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

Hello, how have I never reviewed this?? This was actually my very first Chanel makeup purchase back in 1999. The MA applied it to me, and I was sold. It is a sheer golden-berry color... so pretty. It's not too red (so those of you looking for a *red* gloss should probably seek elsewhere), but it does give just the right pop of color. This and Delux Norris (which is long discontinued) are very similar, but I like the texture of the glossimers much better... more lightweight and long-lasting, plus there is no scent or taste.

For reference, I wear NC20 in MAC/Px Vellum/Stila 30 Watts/Laura Mercier Nude/Chanel Cameo-Clair, and I have dark hair and eyes. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2008 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Lepin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am a red lip kind of woman, was wearing red when everyone else wasn't and couldn't have been happier. I wear Chanel Holiday,Saturn, Dragon and Metal Garnet with abandon. I bought the hype that Spark replicated the lips of starlets from the 1940's. This idea was appealing to me, what could be more classically elegant than that? I thought of Hurell and Penn studio portraits of Ingrid Bergman,Veronica Lake, Marlene Dietrich and Lauren Bacall, my namesake.Well, Spark is awful! Seriously, I just can't wrap my head around this gloss. The color is what only can be described as a grayed red, muted yes but objectionably so. I saw no spark or sparkle and the berry tones were grayish as well. Being as pale as I am red toned lip colors really stand out, which is something I strive to acheive, this did not acheive that or the muted look so fashionable when worn with a smokey eye. This color on me can only be described as sickly. The staying power and feathering was unbearable to the point that I simple apply and remove regardless of how or what I prime my lips with. Everytime I give this gloss a another chance it abuses me like a bad man. I so wanted to like this as I have a massive collection of Chanel lipsticks and have been wearing the line since Chanel hit US shores in 1980 or thereabout. I can only hope I received a defective tube owing to the fact this is so very loved by others and loathed by me. Prodeed with caution.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No