Chanel Glossimer - Spark

4.5

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

What can I say about this color that hasn't already been said? I can't believe I haven't reviewed this gloss. This is a staple in my mu bag that I find myself reaching for automatically, so much so that I have to admit it's one of my favorite glosses! Yes, it's pricey, but the color looks so natural on me and it lasts without feeling sticky. It's one of the only glosses that I have continued to buy again and again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

this is a beautiful color!! love it!! a redish pinish brown with gold flakes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I think these glosses are so overrated and expensive. This color is lovely but its too high of a price for gloss. I only bought this since I was given a gift card for Macys. I think this color is nice and the formula is long lasting but MAC is as high end as I go. I think this gloss is really long lasting and really moisturizing. It's not tacky feeling on your lips but I can no way justify the price.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this gloss :) I received a 3g deluxe sample of this in a swap and I had been using this gloss ever since :) Description on Chanel website for Glossimers "Intense frost and shine for lips. Cool array of hottest colours in a convenient, easy-to-use case. Gel texture imparts a shimmery, ultra-glossy look. New shades add extra sparkle and shine." Chanel makes the best lip glosses :) I have only tried Spark, but it feels very comfortable on my lips :) It is sticky, which also makes it long-lasting :) As other readers have described, this is a rich, dark red with warm gold shimmers :) The colour is intense, and accentuates my natural lip colour :) This will stay on even after a light meal :) When the gloss fades, it leaves behind a red stain like a berry-bitten look :) This is one of the longest Iasting lip glosses around :) When I am in school, it can last for about 7 hours in an air-conditioned classroom :) On light makeup days, just wearing black eyeliner and paired with this lip gloss will make you look fabulous :) Will definately repurchase :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I adore Spark! I have used MAC Lustreglasses and Lipglasses and Chanel's Glossimers are the best. It is a bit pricey but I will purchase this one again. It is a gorgeous berry color and it even looks great with just mascara and nothing else. It will definately become a staple in my makeup case.

I love Spark so much--it is definitely one of my favorite glossimers. The color is mild, red berry to goes on smoothly with a good amount of color. It has low key gold sparkles, and it does not have the metallic finish that some glossimers like Volage has. The color is simple enough to be pulled of during the day, but it can also be layered to give a more dramatic effect. I'm an NC35, and paired with some bronzer and some mascara, it is the perfect classy and low maintenance look. The consistency of this glossimer is spectacular--it is smooth while still having glitter in it. It has the same texture as Giggle, not the rough glitter texture of Pin-Up. Overall, I urge every warm toned person to try Spark, and I will definitely repurchase.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Spark is a pretty, glossy, reddish-berry with subtle golden shimmer. I go to Spark when I can't decide on a specific lip-of-the-day-shade because it can be applied sheerly for a nice daytime look, or can be layered for more pop. The staying power is great for a gloss, too!

The formula is fantastic but I'm just not fond of the color. It looks like a raw chapped lip kind of red. You know the irritated/reddish color that lip plumpers turn your lips? That's Spark. I'm super pale with sensitive skin that turns reddish quite easily and this color tends to bring out all of my flaws. Perhaps it is b/c my lips are already highly pigmented? I don't know, I'm just not a fan of this shade. The one thing I do like about it is that if you apply the wand as you would a lipliner it will create a really neat line (just like lipliner), which is important as many pigmented glosses can look sloppy.
Update: the color is slightly more bearable when I cover my lips with foundation prior to use (it appears more medium pink this way), still I wouldn't purchase it again. I'll definitely try other glossimer shades though

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Spark is the only Glossimer I've purchased more than once, but this last time, I took it back to the Chanel counter. I think the color has been tweaked since the last time I used this, a couple of years ago. It used to be a soft red with gold shimmer, and now it has a berry color to it. I'm very cool-toned and this looked like a medium pink on me; there was absolutely no red in it. I was sorely disappointed, so I exchanged it for the Aqualumiere Party Red, which looks like the old Spark sans the shimmer.

Best color ever! It looks good on everyone.

Recommended for Medium Skin