December 19, 2014 | 831 users online

Lip Gloss - Chanel - Glossimer - Unity

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2006 4:56:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I don't know what took me so long to try this gloss! I think because in the tube, it looks like a dark plum brown, and sort of like it wouldn't look good on me. However, after seeing all of the reviews on here, I decided to take the plunge.

For reference, I am Asian with pale skin and reddish-pink lips. On my lips, this is a MLBB color -- a pinkish-plum with gold undertones... very pretty! And, like all glossimers, this is very long-lasting! Would definitely recommend to everyone... I think this color would work for lots of skintones.
continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2006 12:34:00 PM More reviews by kbb2008

I LOVE this lip gloss. LOVE it. On me it's a plummy sort of bronze that is SO flattering and totally unique- one of my favorite colors I have ever tried. So why only a 3 and why wouldn't I repurchase? Because of the damn Glossimer tube. It leaks, people! Gloss gets pushed out by the wand and leaks out around the cap, which means I can't carry this in my bag or even put it in the bowl in the bathroom where I keep all my other glosses, because it will get all over everything. If they'd repackage, I'd be all over it, but mine went in the trash one day when I got super annoyed at it for the last time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2006 6:53:00 AM More reviews by Meaninc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

love, love, love this color. it is a 3-D like color because it is a bronze, rose, and gold type color and can look either one of those colors or a combination of the three depending on what angle you are facing. I love it. it was my HG last summer and I intend to wear it again this summer. it was a perfect neutral shade for my golden DDD skin. the texture is amazing and the gloss lasts through a meal, a bottle of water, and a cup of coffee. this is one of the best glosses I have ever purchased.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2006 6:54:00 PM More reviews by rondaw

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have bought unity several times. The color is a nice rosey bronze with shimmer. It's very pretty and I like the texture of the glossimers & the fact their is no noticable scent. I'm sure I will purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2006 4:03:00 PM More reviews by DANIEDOLL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Unity is a gorgeous & super shimmery gloss. The color is a medium, true neutral bronzey brown shade w/ rose undertones. It is a very versatile color, cuz of the neutrality of the bronze hue in it. It is very shimmery & has some nice frost in it. The frost isn't over the top, so don't let that scare you!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2006 4:01:00 PM More reviews by shimmering

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

THis gloss is a great mix of bronze and rose. I believe that the combination of the bronze and rose make it truly neutral. I have been reaching for this gloss again and again and just can't get enough. If you are looking for a neutral mouth that is slightly darker than a pale lip, go for this color!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2005 10:54:00 PM More reviews by lfrueh

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my main winter lipgloss. With a summer tan (light olive skin, dark eyes & hair) it looks blah & brownish but with the winter pale it looks like a rosy bronze - in fact I can't really see the brown much at all. Pair it with Chanel Nude lipliner (more of a soft wine color than a skin-tone nude) to bring out the rose undertone. It's neutral, sophisticated, but puts emphasis on lips to balance eyes. I rediscover it every winter and am glad I didn't toss it in the summer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2005 1:58:00 PM More reviews by sarahbella1012

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OMG! I found BOTH my HG nude l/s (MAC Hug Me) AND my HG neutral gloss (Unity) in the same week! Despite the fact that I nearly had to break the bank for this gloss - $25 - USD, I absolutely love it! I feel like I can stop searching for my perfect nude gloss. It's a beautiful bronzey neutral that actually looks nice with my NW20 skin. I can't imagine it looking bad on anyone! I have had Glossimers before (Spark, Force, Glaze) and this is by far my favorite. I would repurchase this, though I don't think I would repurchase the others. Finding a HG gloss like this is too rare for me. I do think that for the price Chanel should step up the quality of their packaging. I hate goopy wands and containers. One lippie *off* for this element. Otherwise, I am in LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2005 2:52:00 PM More reviews by krnsushi

This is some expensive makeup but thank god i worked at a dept store at the time and got the discount =D (especially for lip gloss)! I tried on the Unity lipgloss and I'm usually the type of girl to look for an hour at ever color, weigh the pros and cons for another hour and then buy nothing at all. but as soon as i put on this lip gloss, i loved it (and that NEVER happens EVER, my husband will tell you). I love this color and feel very pretty whenever I wear it which is almost everyday. I am asian with the usual dark eyes and dark hair and this is a great neutral color for me because I don't wear lots of pinks or reds. It's a little sticky like lipglass but it's not to the point that you have to unglue your lips apart. and it's not watery (thus long-lasting). I really recommend it to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2005 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Cygentte3

This is my absolute favorite bronzey lipgloss. Yes, I do like it even more than MAC Sunny Boy or Revlon Bronze Ablaze, because something about this one is so much classier.

Unity is, on me, a rosy-brown bronze, not at all coppery, and definitely not too dark or too frosty. The bronze is the dominant color, but there are definitely hints of the rose about it - this is what makes it wearable IMO. It's got a lovely light shimmer, and looks great on my NC20 warm-neutral LLL skin. My lips are very pigmented and this does a great job of covering them, and as always has that great Chanel texture and lasting ability.

Definitely a keeper in my stash. continued >>