September 22, 2014 | 1796 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Sable

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2012 7:57:00 PM More reviews by sharmilaa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

Sable is very wearable color especially for work (I shy away from wearing gold bold or bright eyeshadows at work atleast)
Color - Plummy brown with perhaps very slight copper tones. I used this at night for the first time and I did not see much of sheen or shimmer - may be because I used a large fluffier eyeshadow brush instead of a smaller one.
Pigmentation - This is not a very pigmented eyeshadow (which I found the case with many mac eyeshadows & blushes). But because it is a plummy red brown you donot want a lot or color or else you would look like someone punched you in the eye. It does look similar to Satin Taupe. If you donot like red toned eyeshadows this is not for you.
Also with this shade it makes my eyes set deeper in the socket than popping them out ( I hope that makes sense).
Still I I like this eyeshadow as it it rich but yet demure & everyday wearable for any occassion day or night.
UPDATE - Just wore this in the morning gorgeous! loving it- exchanged this for patina donot regret it at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2012 9:56:00 AM More reviews by xxmakeupjunkiexx99

A lovely colour and blends wonderfully with other MAC colours. Usually, I use it all over from lash line to eyebrow, then I apply antiqued to the lid and, embark to the crease and a bit of beauty marked or black tied to the corner. It's a great colour and I always repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2012 12:08:00 PM More reviews by attia2292

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Mac Sable was my first ever mac eyeshadow. I tend to but warm/neutral-ish colours mauves/peaches/browns. This fitted into that category as its a frosty mauve. Looks good if you create a smokey eye using a black in the outer corners.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2012 9:14:00 AM More reviews by sis1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

After a friend told me about this eye shadow and seeing the reviews here I had to go try it for myself. I am an NC42 and wow. It is an excellent shadow for everday wear. I like to keep my makeup looking natural and this completes the look. Thank you to all those that recommended it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2012 6:37:00 PM More reviews by DarlingLoverFace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I dont have a whole lot of mac shadows, but do have about 30. This is my most recent purchase, and I have never felt sexier from a product. when I think a makeup product could make me feel sexy, I think of lip gloss, but no. This color makes me feel sultry and exotic. a lot from an eyeshadow right?
It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but you should try it if you are at a mac stand/store.
I can see this being applied in different ways for different looks. I like to pat it on with a 252 all over lid except for the inner third, then blend edges with some brule and hey in corner.
The pigmentation is great, the color and sheen look most like the last 2 example photos. the others not really look like it, especially not the first photo!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2011 11:48:00 AM More reviews by lisyg12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

the worst mac eyeshadow you look tired all the time with it on.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2011 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Violet34

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm never sure when writing a review whether to focus on the just the product itself or how it looks on ME, lol. So, I am mostly reviewing just the product. This has such pretty shimmer, awesome pigmentation. It can be worn light but is very easy to build. A little goes a long way with this and it has been easy to blend. My biggest problem is it is described as having purple in it and no matter what I do to it I can never find the slightest trace of purple in it (which I would love). It always looks like a sort of rusty bronze on me and is probably not the most flattering for my coloring. I do like it though and it works best on me when I use it with Painterly Paint Pot which seems to mute the orange of it. and bring out more pink. I like it in the crease paired with Motif on the lid for nice bronze-y, summery look. It looks nice as long as I use a light hand with it and don't go overboard. I think it would be amazing on the lid for many skin tones but for me it is a bit dark for that.

UPDATE: I've recently tried this with Jest on the lid and it's now my favorite thing to pair this with.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2011 7:39:00 PM More reviews by suzthemuse

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My new favorite MAC eyeshadow! As recommended by the MAC MA, I pair it with Free to be. The result is AMAZING. It makes my light blue eyes stand out like nothing else. Great for daytime, it stands out but is still appropriate for the office. This will be my "go-to" look from now on. LOVE IT. LOVE IT. LOVE IT.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2011 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Ravey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been wearing this every day for the past week or so. It's basically a great lazy color for me because I can use it all over my lids, blend it out with some kind of matte highlight color and I instantly look put together. It's multidimensional enough to look great on it's own, but also works well with other colors. I love reddish browns like this because they make the green in my eyes stand out and a little more interesting to look at than just plain brown. Definitely a staple for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2011 8:31:00 AM More reviews by Hamstershell

Looks brown in the pan, but on my skin (NC 30) it turns into this champagney-rosey-bronze color. I quite like it.