November 22, 2014 | 1281 users online

Bronzers - MAC - Matte Bronze

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2012 7:29:00 AM More reviews by kristina93

I have been using this for 3 years now and I will continue to. It goes really well with my NW20 skin tone and works as a great contour. It's really creamy and soft and stays on the skin all day, it doesn't fade! Really easy to blend and I feel like it would suit a lot of skin tones! It lasts me ages, like a year long even with me using it every day!! The price is definitely worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by psily24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using the MAC Iridescent Loose Powder in Golden Bronze as a bronzer for years and absolutely love it. However, I wanted something different for this winter because sometimes there are days where I don't want shimmer, but still want a bronzed look so I decided to give this Matte Bronze compact a try. Plus it's in a compact, loose powder can get messy. This did absolutely nothing for my complexion. I'm a NC42 with yellow/gold undertones. No pigmentation whatsoever, had to do a lot of brush strokes to get some sort of color on my face. I will definitely be returning this and just stick with my golden bronzer for now.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2012 7:26:00 PM More reviews by TeeJay1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is by far the worst bronzer i've ever tried. The reason why is that it has no pigmentation what so ever. I have to scrape some powder loose with the end up my brush to get some product.
I'll think I go with my elf cool bronzer instead.

This matte bronzer is a major fail, MAC! Like what the hell is going on?

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2012 2:09:00 PM More reviews by carolyntaggart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

the few mac products i've used have been amazing, and cheaper than similar products at sephora (concealer, fix+, cleanse off oil) So i thought the bronzer would be pretty good, but the pigmentation is awful! had to swirl my brush like crazy to get any color, which I didn't think was worth it. After just a few uses, the powder looked like it hardened strangely. returned and got hoola by benefit which I LOVE

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2012 12:58:00 AM More reviews by mandzz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Bought this bronzer after succumbing to the Mac craze. (note: I use this bronzer as a contouring product rather than an overall facial bronzer)
The colour is nice, but surprisingly the powder itself is hard. A little product will not go a long way, I find myself having to dip my brush in a couple of times before applying this blush to get some colour showing up on my face
Maybe this colour is better suited to lighter skin tones but I wouldn't recommend this for anyone with olive, tan or darker skin tones
My sister has benefits hoola and in comparison, hoola is much more finely milled (a little product DOES go a long way) and has a similar pigment so I recommend hoola over mac's matte bronze bronzing powder. Also another recommendation over the mac bronzer would be NARS casino (i also own this bronzer but it is more for darker skin tones) or NARS laguna (lighter to medium skin tones)

I must say, the packaging is nice and am happy it came with a mirror

I live in Australia so Mac products are quite expensive here. This was $39 (I'm pretty sure) so I was expecting something of better quality for the price I paid.

Slightly disappointed and wouldn't buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2012 9:37:00 AM More reviews by Anna001

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nice bronzer without shimmer. May be applied lightly, or heavier if required.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2012 4:14:00 AM More reviews by rtran4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a terrible bronzer. I've tried many many bronzers and this one is overrated mainly because it's MAC. The packaging is perfect and the color was nice but the formula is disappointing. For me, a good bronzer powder should feel soft, silky and luxurious with the swipe of a finger. This powder was very stiff, dry, chalky and just felt overall cheap. I knocked on it and was just like knocking on a door. That's how hard and dry it was - no moisture and not good for the skin at all. It takes me more than a few swipes and swirls to get enough color onto my brush because it's not as pigmented as other high end bronzers (e.g. Guerlain Terracotta, NARS Laguna, etc.) and then it ended up irritating my cheeks.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2012 12:13:00 PM More reviews by MossyGirl

This is one of the best bronzers I have used. It is definitely worth the higher price if you regularly use bronzer and want a quality finish. I previously used this all over the face as powder as I like to look tanned and it goes on really evenly with no dark patches. It also doesn't feel heavy or clog pores. I have now invested in a cheaper Collection 2000 powder, which is still good and now use Matte Bronze to contour my cheek bones, nose and temples. Again, it is really good for this and goes on with a quality finish. Would highly recommend. The only 'con' is that it doesn't go on super dark for people who like to be really tanned. So I would say this product is limited to a medium skin tone and that's why I have given 4 stars.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by caitlinannexoxo

I use this bronzer to contour and add a little color to my face - it works perfect! I like matte bronzers, and this one is VERY matte... No shimmer at all. The only reason I wouldn't repurchase again is just b/c I've got a couple other bronzers I'm wanting to try out first. I'm also currently using Smashbox Bronze lights in Suntan Matte - it's a pretty close match to Mac matte bronze, but it's more pigmented in my opinion. Next on my list is too faced chocolate soleil. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2012 4:42:00 PM More reviews by nm1993

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this bronzer, seems to last for ever as well, good for giving a sun kissed look, countering the cheeks with tho can get a little dirty looking if you go ott with it so watch how much you apply has no shimmer in it witch I love, as you don't tan glittery do you? Packaging is really nice just a standard mac compact, first mac product I bought and will be one I continue to buy :):)