October 24, 2014 | 1144 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Soft Brown

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 8:00:00 PM More reviews by whereismymind59

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I always stayed away from soft brown because of the orang-y tones in it, but I finally bought it this summer. It is a lovely colour, blends wonderfully, and is a great accompaniment to so many other shades. It is a must have.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2012 1:59:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

For the longest time, I thought this eyeshadow was way too orange on me. However, the other day I wore it with "All that Glitters" eyeshadow on the lid and "Ricepaper" in the crease and the result was really beautiful, but understated. The eyeshadow blends very easily, as well. I would give this a five, but if it was a touch less orange and more brown, I would absolutely love it. I'm NC20.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2012 7:56:00 PM More reviews by yeseniax3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really can't think of anything bad to say about this product. I'm an NC25 and I use this almost everyday with my E.L.F. Blending Eye Brush and just apply it into my crease. I absolutley love this color and will continue to purchase this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Been trying really hard to appreciate/like this shadow, but I think my tan is slightly too deep for this too look right. I have strong yellow/golden undertones, and Soft Brown's peachiness has this weird tone to it that makes me look sickly. I also have to pack this color on to get it to show up in the first place. I'm not sure why someone of my tone would pick this over Saddle, which is FAR more flattering and doesn't make me look sick at all. Chanel PL BA34/NC44/Nars Tahoe for reference.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by megabookfreak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Straight up love it. Great nude color for nc42. It gives you a feminine graceful and well...soft look. Very pigmented as most Mac es are. Applies fine with fingers and looks great when paired with expensive pink!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This color is so pretty. It comes out to a beige/light punk color on my lids. I love wearing in this crease with pretty much any color on the lid. It's such a basic neutral color but it's perfect for blending! Def would repurhase if I run out of it! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2011 11:41:00 AM More reviews by bmichlig

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Great, very useful, neutral shadow. Sort of the color of silly putty - a pinky-browny-taupey color.

Me - NC15, dark red hair, green eyes, freckles, 44 years old.

I use this as a crease color for a no-makeup makeup - it helps to push back the hooded area without looking harsh. Works well with lots of other shadows, too - browns, greys, plums, olivey greens. Great as an edge blender, also works as a cheek contour and brow color for warm golden blondes, redheads and light warm brunettes, too. Versatile, albeit uninteresting as an overall lid color.

While Soft Brown is very useful and a no-thought color, I actually prefer Texture as a more statement making but still soft crease tone. Texture gives a Rodarte Spring 2012 caramel-sepia-light rust sort of look. While Rule is definitely orange on my skin, Texture is a hint of browned down orange that really gives my face a lovely lift.

So - if you have Soft Brown but find it a bit lackluster, try Texture.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2011 11:11:00 AM More reviews by ladylace

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use soft brown in my crease pretty much daily. On my NC43 skin, it adds a subtle hint of alertness and glow that makes me look awake and refreshed. I've been using this for years and am about to buy my second pan.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2011 12:33:00 AM More reviews by jjay7381

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been desperate to move away from shimmer eyeshadow but still make my brown eyes pop. This stuff is freaking amazing. For daytime I put Quite Natural on my lids, blend some MAC Soft Brown eyeshadow into my crease, slap on some mascara. Looks so soft and beautiful! For nighttime I do the same thing except I add thick black eyeliner on top and blend it up to make a really classy smokey eye. So easy!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2011 1:15:00 PM More reviews by CheekyBo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

It's an okay crease color. Has an orangy cast in pictures. But other than that, it is a good quality eyeshadow overall, just not the color i expected. Anyone have any recs for a true light brown crease color, w/ no type of undertones?
=)