MAC Matte - Soft Brown

4.6

on 3/28/2013 11:33:00 PM

There are so many reviews explaining how amazing this eyeshadow is so I'm not going to make this long...
I was never able to use any orange eyeshadow. Even an eyeshadow that contains the slightest hint of orange. It would look horrible on my skin, like I got punched in the eye or something (I'm NW20, blonde hair, blue eyes). Soft brown is a brownish-orangey colour, so I was very hesitant to buy it, even though I've seen so many raving about it. I'm SOO happy I did! It looks amazing on me, the perfect crease and blending shade :) I seriously think this colour would look good on anyone soo GO TRY IT!

on 3/10/2013 1:58:00 AM

This is a great crease and transition shade.
It's very warm almost orrangey brown. It adds great depth to the crease because it's color and it's matte finish. This is a keeper in my transition shade family: Mac wedge, texture, saffron // UD naked, buck, and Tease.

on 1/31/2013 9:42:00 PM

I have been putting off buying this shadow for soooo long. I have every other transition shade that MAC has in the permanent line, and thought this one was just too orange -- boy was I wrong! I love it! Not only is it a great color that goes with just about ANY look, it has the best texture and blends soooo easily! If you are looking for a transition color, feel free to check out my "Guide to MAC Transition Colors" on my blog:

on 9/30/2012 9:33:00 AM

Such a gorgeous shade, I love using this to blend out harsh lines- and best of all, it has worked with every single colour :) Just yesterday, I blended out a Purple Smoky eye, and it did a wonderful job. I simply take my MAC 224 brush, and lightly blend this all over the crease and everything looks so much more blended and polished- This product is a must have! Soft Brown is also a very pretty transition colour- Its universal, and looks beautiful with almost any eyeshadow combination.

on 8/18/2012 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

One of the best transition colors I've ever found! I recently purchased this shadow and wonder what took me so long. Guess I thought I already had too many that looked similar and figured it's easily duped. It's not. Ive been reaching for this everyday and find it provides a beautiful warmth to almost every look I try. Doesn't matter if Im wearing warm or cool tones...it works! For reference, I'm NW30. I like to wear this in the crease with a light wash of color on the lid for an easy, neutral, and polished day look. I also like to start with this color in my crease and blend it up toward my brow bone and find that any colors used after this just blend effortlessly with any look I'm going for. Soft brown is one of those veristle colors that harmonizes any look I'm trying to achieve. For me, this gets HG status and is a definite repurchase!

on 7/8/2012 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Love this colour! works really well with Mac's brule and corduroy , great in the crease and blended out, also a nice colour for a full lid coverage, another great shadow for girls with green and hazel eyes.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I always stayed away from soft brown because of the orang-y tones in it, but I finally bought it this summer. It is a lovely colour, blends wonderfully, and is a great accompaniment to so many other shades. It is a must have.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

For the longest time, I thought this eyeshadow was way too orange on me. However, the other day I wore it with "All that Glitters" eyeshadow on the lid and "Ricepaper" in the crease and the result was really beautiful, but understated. The eyeshadow blends very easily, as well. I would give this a five, but if it was a touch less orange and more brown, I would absolutely love it. I'm NC20.

on 2/25/2012 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I really can't think of anything bad to say about this product. I'm an NC25 and I use this almost everyday with my E.L.F. Blending Eye Brush and just apply it into my crease. I absolutley love this color and will continue to purchase this product.

on 1/30/2012 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Been trying really hard to appreciate/like this shadow, but I think my tan is slightly too deep for this too look right. I have strong yellow/golden undertones, and Soft Brown's peachiness has this weird tone to it that makes me look sickly. I also have to pack this color on to get it to show up in the first place. I'm not sure why someone of my tone would pick this over Saddle, which is FAR more flattering and doesn't make me look sick at all. Chanel PL BA34/NC44/Nars Tahoe for reference.