Dove Essential Nutrients Cleansing Pillows

2.9

on 3/15/2005 3:39:00 PM

I feel strange for being one of the few that actually like this product. I am on the fourth box of these pillows. I like to use it at night before bed and it just makes my face feel clean. The rough side does a nice job of exfoliating. I agree that it might be too rough for most people, but I have had less clogged pores on my nose and forehead since using these. I recent stocked up on these and will probably continue to use them until I find something. But overall, I love using them and they are great for travel and gym because they are so light to carry around.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i did not like this product. i like my cleanser to be foamy/soapy. this stuff did not lather up at all. very dissapointed in this.

on 2/1/2005 10:40:00 AM

I agree with a MUA junkie, they are crap and feel exactly like a brillo pad....I will stick with cleaning cloths from OoO...I can't believe how harsh they are..thank god I only got a sample of these..

on 12/28/2004 12:46:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I bought a box of these when they first came out. For removing makeup, I first cleanse with Dove Cold Cream (the old Ponds Cold Cream) then remove the cold cream using one of these pillows. I never use the rough side as I find this side too rough however, I do like the soft side. I bought a box of these pillows again when the first lot ran out and I must say that they are great for removing the deep cleanser which is quite greasy on its own. I highly recommend these as a follow up to initial makeup removal / cleansing.
NB. I have subsequently edited my review as I find these a bit too harsh if you are using a milder cleanser to first remove your makeup. I am no longer using the abovementioned Dove Cold Cream so these pillows are way too harsh. I prefer something milder now like Clinique's Liquid Face Soap for removing my initial cleanser / makeup remover or Napoleon Perdis Foaming Cleanser.

on 12/14/2004 8:38:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I tried a trial package that I found in my local Dollar Tree. There were four individually wrapped cleansing pads in the box. I like the lather (although it has a tendency to run down my arm while I'm cleaning my face) and the exfoliating side wasn't too harsh for me. I've found that the scent lingers on my face...don't know whether I like that...I'll use the rest in a few days and update this. I think they're decent.

I like these for ready-to-go cleansing pads. There's like a white powder inside of the pillow then you get it wet and squeeze til you get a lather. There's opposite textures on each side. Pretty good, although I haven't bought any refills yet!

on 11/17/2004 7:45:00 PM

they suck! feel like mini brillo pads!

Totally dried out my cheeks badly.

on 11/1/2004 11:13:00 AM

I have tried MOST cleansing facial wipes. I use them regularly after work at the gym to wash my face and remove makeup.

I didn't like these "pillows" at all. There is nothing pillow-like about them. They are extremely coarse and abrasive. They did a so-so job of removing my makeup. The cleanser did a pretty good job of cleaning my face, but it foamed minimally.

I will not be buying these again. Ever.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Very mixed reviews here.

Well I'm going off of using my sample here. I don't think this "pillow" puffed up at all with cleanser like it said it was supposed to. The stuff was very strongly scented and it burned my eyes. Did a good job at removing makeup. The textured side was okay..but a tad too rough. When I rinsed my face it was left feeling tight and a bit dry. Dunno if I would try again..these are just sourta wierd. So far I haven't had much luck with Dove's face line.