Revlon Super Lustrous- Love That Red

4.5

on 2/15/2008 7:51:00 PM

Very nice red! Red lipsticks are hit or miss with me. Most times miss. I'm pink toned and for some reason blue tones don't work, neither do orange. But this...well this looks decent on me. I dont look like I snuck into mommy's makeup.
I like it. seems to be nice and neutral. And it blots really well for a nice stain. staying power is ehhhh...I have very full lips, when I wore this last I had a cigarette, only to discover later a red ring under my lip lol. so be careful with what you're doing.
Good for photo shoots, bad for a dinner date lol.

on 11/27/2007 8:32:00 PM

This is an HG of mine...the perfect, classic red. The formula is rich, pigmented, and not dry. I will repurchase this.

on 4/13/2007 5:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The most perfect "vintage" red that I wear when I feel particularly empowered or if I'm wearing something 30's or 40's inspired. Very glam, very vintage, very fab!

on 3/25/2007 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It's a beautiful vintage red and very cheap with wonderful staying power but it seems to get all over the place even with a lipliner. Works great as a stain though with a gloss over it. Would repurchase.

on 11/15/2006 9:33:00 PM

Brilliant, cherry red with a smooth, creamy, shiny finish. Very '40s starlet/maraschino. But it's also kind of messy and not something one should use without a lipliner. Even blotted down, it tended to get on everything. I don't think I'll repurchase as I'm not a red lipstick kind of gal, but these reformulated Super Lustrous lipsticks are a really fab drugstore buy--great texture (for the creams and satins, at least), pigmentation, no scent or taste and inexpensive enough that you can buy a handful for the amount that you'd pay for one Chanel lippie.

on 10/5/2006 1:59:00 AM

I agree that this red is not for the faint hearted. On me, it only works when I use it as a stain. When applied full, I look like a clown. I don't see any orange. In fact, under some lights, I see hints of blue. The texture is fantastic - creamy and long lasting. In the future, I'll probably go for a red that's more versatile (ie: can be used full strength and as a stain, like Volcanic Red or Wine with Everything).

This is one of my favorite lipsticks ever! I love Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick in Love That Red for many reasons! For a matte lipstick, it doesn't leave my lips dry at all. It lasts all day and I can go 10 hours without having to apply it again. It is a gorgeous, dark wam toned red shade. This shade was worn by pin-up models in the 1940's. I feel so glamourous when I wear this lovely shade! At $6.50 a tube, you can't go wrong with this lipstick!

on 11/16/2004 8:00:00 PM

A nice red, just a little orangey for me (I am a very pale blonde with pinkish blue undertones.)
Does last quite well, and I purchased this as a holiday special with a matching gloss (which was very nice although the packaging was on the messy side.)

on 9/25/2004 5:01:00 PM

Ok this is bright warm tomato red and great for night time but watch out if you go out with it in the day. In flourescent light this goes totally neon on me, but I still use it occasionally for day! This is a powerful bright red not for the timid of heart.

on 12/19/2003 9:28:00 PM

Yes this is bright red but if that is what you want you got it here. I love it. I am PPP and sometimes this is just what I want. I get compliments on it too. However, i do blot it, use it lightly during the day. There is no need to put this on heavily.

Recommended for Medium Skin