July 22, 2014 | 1154 users online

Moisturizers - Philosophy - Hope in a Bottle

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2009 9:46:00 PM More reviews by shelju

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Ive been looking to upgrade myskincare regimine for my oily acne aging skin and decided to go with Philosophy's products formulated for conjested skin. Well this SA lotion is VERY thick but it goes on fairly light and absorbs quickly and a little goes a long way . . . but it did NOTHING for my skin. Not worse not better just nuthin except I did seem much oilier as the day went on. It also costs waaay too much for what you get. For some reason NONE of the Philosophy products designed for congested acne skin work for me but surprisingly the HIAJ for normal skin is my HG.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2009 2:20:00 PM More reviews by MacMacke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been a Philosophy girl for years, and have been faithful to the brand since I discovered it. About 6 months ago, I started having minor break-outs on my chin and forehead. Nothing major, but enough to make me want to do something about it. I knew that Philosophy had this product and it was for acne treatment, and so without reading reviews, I purchased. Bad, bad, bad! First, it smelled awful, and about two hours after having applied it my face felt extremely oily. I continued to use it, thinking I just needed to give it a change. After a few days, I noticed my acne getting worse, and the pimples were much larger and painful. I immediately stopped using and returned the item. I had to actually go see a dermatologist for treatment, as this product just inflammed and made everything much worse.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2009 12:25:00 PM More reviews by instant

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After reading the reviews of "hope in a bottle",I had very high hopes about having a clear skin. I have some old acne marks and have 3-4 pimples appearing in a month which left red marks.But when I started using this product I had a new pimple every day. Initially, I thought it was because it was a new product or maybe that pimple was already there and just appeared larger. But now even after 2 weeks, I have a severe breakout and I regret ever trying it on myself. My skin is a mess now and I am worried!!!!.........returning it today and dont recommend anyone to buy it.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2009 2:49:00 PM More reviews by mamaamy

I was really hoping this product would help with my large, congested pores, but I haven't seen any improvement after a month or so. In fact, I think my skin looks worse than ever. I could see this maybe working for someone with very oily skin, but I have sensitive/combination skin and have found this product very drying; it's just not for me! Plus, it's really expensive, and the packaging is not good--it becomes more difficult to dispense about halfway through.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2009 12:34:00 PM More reviews by smashboxchick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my first review on here. I had to write a review for this product because it has made my skin acne free. I am 39, have combo skin and breakout around my mouth and chin once a month. Now, if I do breakout, it's very small and goes away quickly. This product is good under mineral foundation and I don't even have to use a primer first.

It looks like some people are reviewing the Hope in a JAR on here...this is Hope in a BOTTLE for congested skin. Completely different products.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2009 3:43:00 PM More reviews by jenn72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am really liking this product! For me, it's doing exactly what it says. My big pores seem clearer, smaller. Overall, my skintone is smoother and more eventoned. The minor breakouts I had are diminishing quite fast. My skin is sensitive and easily reddened and this does not irritate me at all. I have an area on my chin that is perpetually clogged with gunk and does not respond to anything other than gentle manual squeezing to get it out. No More! This stuff has even help prevent that buildup. I will purchase again for sure.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2009 3:11:00 PM More reviews by rinstarangel

This was one of my first Philosophy purchases and I was skeptical at first, especially with spending so much money on it. I have normal skin which tends to get dry areas in the winter. I have had blackheads/congested pores on my forehead, nose, and chin ever since I can remember, plus occasional breakouts. For the first week or so, I was using this, along with Philosophy Microdelivery Exfoliating wash, and I started to notice MORE breakouts. But I continued to use it. I realized that it was just my skin purging itself. Now, two weeks later, I can really see a difference in the number of blackheads/congested pores. It does tend to dry my face somewhat, so I just use it at night and let it settle in for a few minutes and then apply my Ponds Dry Skin Cream to moisturize. Unless I find something that works just as well for less money, I'll be buying this again. Oh and yes, the bottle is little but a little goes a long way with this product.

UPDATE: I still love this stuff and am now using it as my daytime lotion. This, plus using my Walgreens 8% alpha hydroxy lotion at night, has drastically changed the appearance of my blackheads and clogged poors. Loving my new face!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2009 2:19:00 PM More reviews by shell1215

I really wanted to love this product, my mom is an avid Philosophy follower and has gorgeous skin. This is fine as just a mosturizer for oily skin, but I was really hoping it would help clear my acne and make my skin look better. I have since found what I need elsewhere to achieve the gorgeous skin I always knew I could have. I won't throw my money away on Philosophy products any longer.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2008 12:17:00 AM More reviews by mdowning12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This absolutely did nothing for my skin and I have clogged pores, etc.

And opposite of everyone else I actually like the smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2008 3:24:00 AM More reviews by snobunnie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product, it makes my face feel so smooth and healthy. Great to use under makeup--serves as a good base and never makes my face oily. My only gripe is the cost. I tried doing without and purchased a drug store brand (oil of olay), but ended up purchasing this product anyway. The jar lasts quite awhile, so I always tell myself that the $$ is worth it. After reading many reviews, it seems that this product does not work so great with oily skin. My skin is normal and sometimes on the dry side in some areas, and this moisturizer does a great job in these dry patchy areas.